camera in my car

no deal

Chai Audio Sounds on the bypass road. About 1 kilometer past Lotus, right side going north. Need to go to the uturn at Keehin if coming from south.

Cost - depends on the camera you choose. I thought those on offer in Phuket expensive. So I bought from Lazada, paid cash on delivery. http://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=car+camera

IT island upstairs at Jungcyclon, IFO the movie theatre, and also bottom floor Big C.

I use an Intova SP1 HD which Go Pro style with a suction cup mount on my bike. American company but Chinese made. It's a pretty sturdy camera since it is designed to be used up to 40m underwater. Turn off the display and the battery lasts hours, but you can also plug it into the cars cigarette lighter. Use 720p 30fps or VGA and a 32gig micro SD card and you get hours of recording time. There is also a loop setting for endless recording. It even has a motion detect function if you want to use it as home security. They sell them at Dive Supply in Chalong with a variety of mounts, but since they only sell wholesale you will need to go through a dive shop which has a retailers contract with them, which is most. It does pretty nice underwater videos and photos for what it is. Around 4500B if I recall. http://www.intova.net/sport-hd/

post-153200-0-28401200-1409553822_thumb.

Edited by NomadJoe
  • Like 1

Try here no deal.

Sorry no deal I have tried to cut and paste but I can't seem to get it to work,

But if you search for " Dash Cameras Fitting in Phuket? "in the search box

on the top right of the page it should take you to thread I was trying to send

you to. Good luck. thumbsup.gif

Edited by phuketjock

Cops seem to find them good for evidence in an accident/intentional contact. All you have to do is find someone doing an infractionof the law (easy) and edit the video in your favor while the cops are on the way.

Happened to me in Petchburi. Arseholle intentionally drove into the side of my car and edited his video to a point well before the actual contact. My alleged infraction was to change lanes without a signal but his video clearly shows 3/4 of the side of my 4 door truck and there is no vehicle blocking the view. Not his, not any, none. Also there is no view of the rear of my vehicle to show my lack of turn indicator. How could my vehicle have contacted his vehicle when his video shows a clear view of the side of my truck. We did eventually make contact at the front left corner of my truck and his right front and side mirror.

Both me and my wife (Thai) asked where the rest of the video was. No need. The 3 girls 18, 17 and 16 in the back were not allowed to make a statement.

Other than the corruption I thought the cops here were kind of ok. Now I find them to be similar in thought as tree stumps.

Cops seem to find them good for evidence in an accident/intentional contact. All you have to do is find someone doing an infractionof the law (easy) and edit the video in your favor while the cops are on the way.

Happened to me in Petchburi. Arseholle intentionally drove into the side of my car and edited his video to a point well before the actual contact. My alleged infraction was to change lanes without a signal but his video clearly shows 3/4 of the side of my 4 door truck and there is no vehicle blocking the view. Not his, not any, none. Also there is no view of the rear of my vehicle to show my lack of turn indicator. How could my vehicle have contacted his vehicle when his video shows a clear view of the side of my truck. We did eventually make contact at the front left corner of my truck and his right front and side mirror.

Both me and my wife (Thai) asked where the rest of the video was. No need. The 3 girls 18, 17 and 16 in the back were not allowed to make a statement.

Other than the corruption I thought the cops here were kind of ok. Now I find them to be similar in thought as tree stumps.

Interesting story.

I just find it hard to believe that someone deliberately crashed into you and then edit the video to make it your fault.

Sorry, I just don't buy it as the driver has nothing to gain. Insurance won't give him cash and his car is off the road for an extended period of time for repairs.

Oh wait, he was just trying to kill farang legally?

Edited by hansgruber
  • Like 1

Interesting story.

I just find it hard to believe that someone deliberately crashed into you and then edit the video to make it your fault.

Sorry, I just don't buy it as the driver has nothing to gain. Insurance won't give him cash and his car is off the road for an extended period of time for repairs.

Oh wait, he was just trying to kill farang legally?

He was guaging how hard he would hit me. Just wanted a love tap and he got it. Ever hear of ROAD RAGE

I understand your apprehension. Still trying to get my head around it. No doubt I pissed him off some where and he came back to find me.