Phuket's 'Mr Big' surrenders to police in Bangkok

webfact

Phuket's 'Mr Big' surrenders to police in Bangkok
Tanyaluk Sakoot

1409546541_1-org.jpg
With his trademark grin still in place, Prap Keesin (left) is photographed with police in Bangkok after his surrender this morning.

PHUKET: -- Preechawut 'Prap' Keesin, boss of Pisona Co in Patong and son of the town's former mayor Pian Keesin, surrendered at Buengkom Police Station in Bangkok this morning (September 1).

Like his father, he is wanted on charges related to "mafia" taxi activities.

On Friday, after police failed to arrest him, Prap announced that he would surrender today, though most expected him to do so in Phuket, not Bangkok.

To allay disappointment among his supporters, Prap said on his Facebook this morning, "I turned myself in at Buengkom Police Station at 8am. Now I am waiting to come to Phuket.

"Thank you, thank you to the police at Buengkom – because of rain and traffic I was unable to get a flight to Phuket on time, so I went to the nearest police station."

Supporters are still waiting with roses for his father to surrender at Phuket Town Police Station. So far there is no sign of him.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phukets-mr-big-surrenders-to-police-in-bangkok-48492.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-09-01

So the guy pops round to the cop shop, takes some PR photos, then is released and on his way to Phuket huh? Wonder why he didn't get jailed and not allowed bail like the other Patong thugs?

Where did you read he was released, did not get jailed and allowed bail?

You have to wonder why he surrendered in Bangkok. Maybe he does not want to get banged up in a Patong police jail - big loss of face.

Wonder what the father is doing these days, and where is he ?

The big boss surrendered to Phuket Naval base.

TPN@facebook "Pian Keesin is understood to have turned himself in to the Navy at Cape Panwa. They are expected to bring him to Phuket Town Police Station soon."

I hope these guys will be forgotten forever very soon.

So the guy pops round to the cop shop, takes some PR photos, then is released and on his way to Phuket huh? Wonder why he didn't get jailed and not allowed bail like the other Patong thugs?

Where does it say he was released ?

>>Now I am waiting to come to Phuket.

Doesn't that sound like he was released to you?

What makes you think he was released to make his own way to Phuket? The usual TV insight I suppose.

You're the only one who is reading such nonsense into this report.

• Like 1

Well if you would go to a few different news sources, you would see I'm correct, although don't let that stop you from thinking you know what's going on.

Well if you would go to a few different news sources, you would see I'm correct, although don't let that stop you from thinking you know what's going on.

Please let us know where you read that. Nothing of the sorts on PN, PG, PW.

• Like 1

No, sounds like he will travel to Phuket under arrest and proceed direct to a Phuket jail cell. As has now been confirmed by th PG.
  • Like 2

Did they waste the countries money sending him by air. They have perfectly good trucks with cages on the back with with they could have made a nice 30kmh trip to Phuket at much less cost. I think a few people would be happy to wave to him on his regal journey.

Put the flaming crook in the guards van and sent him south on the train. Plenty of stops down there that they could transfer him to a police pick up wagon, for onward journey to Phuket. No expensive airline travel for him seeing as how he wants to "play games"

Edited by oldsailor35

"I turned myself in at Buengkom Police Station at 8am. Now I am waiting to come to Phuket.

Thank you, thank you to the police at Buengkom – because of rain and traffic I was unable to get a flight to Phuket on time, so I went to the nearest police station."

...and also, like this I don't have to pay for my flight home...thank you taxpayers

The smile says it all........coffee1.gif

From experience, a smile often is a cloak for fear and humiliation that lurks behind it.

I once sat in a courtroom where the defendant had a similar smile. The judge sentenced him to a lengthy term and noted that he would have plenty of time to reflect on his smiling and apparent lack of the seriousness of his situation.

Been to a few, saw nothing. What would you suggest now?