Is this for real

Kan Win

^ Monsoon, in February?

I'm not seeing what you are writing about in the picture, but the amount of garbage on all the beaches in the summer washing back with the western winds is disheartening. I have filled 30 kilo rice sacks and hardly cleared a 10 meter section. It comes down the rivers, in winter it goes out to sea, which isn't a pleasant alternative, either.

And now from the recent army activity in tearing down businesses, mid Bang Tao looks like this - from a few days ago.

post-179390-0-29697500-1409663870_thumb.

Edited by EBlair48

^

I guess the glass is always half full for you EBlair48 ....

If it is , it's because I already had a swig!!

I do find what is going on to be very negative as the beach is an absolute disaster area. I am also alarmed at recent political activity that was the catalyst for destroying what was IMO a perfect beach.

I'm just realizing I was on Patong beach that very day this OP picture was taken.

Just checked my passport, I was also on Patong Beach that day.

Not surprisingly it was very empty and clean.

I came up to Phuket on 12/2/05 to spend some money to help the locals after the tsunami.

I'm just realizing I was on Patong beach that very day this OP picture was taken.

I came up to Phuket on 12/2/05 to spend some money to help the locals after the tsunami.

Not much on the beach when I arrived in May 2005 either.

post-44146-0-04931300-1409680315_thumb.j

Here is the starting of the beach chair return in 2005. Too bad they all got too greedy!

post-44146-0-84915700-1409680515_thumb.j

I haven't been to the southern beaches since the cleanup started. This was from Bang Tao beach, while cleanup was still in progress.

Generally the beaches looks much nicer now compared to the past.

P8220040.JPG

Kan Win,

Please check again. The photo in the opening post was not made in Khao Lak. I have been living in Khao Lak since 2000, and there has never been a high rise building there like the one visible in the photo.

Well spotted. Must be Patong beach at the far south end looking north. High rise building is Patong Tower Condominiums.

Kan Win,

Please check again. The photo in the opening post was not made in Khao Lak. I have been living in Khao Lak since 2000, and there has never been a high rise building there like the one visible in the photo.

You're right, he mentioned Khao Lak in his post.Never saw the reference, only the photo, so it was clear that was Patong Beach.

That is the southern mile of bang Tao which is 4 miles long. Please take a picture at the middle section between the Dusit and Moven Pick, truly the govt has utterly lain ruin to what was the finest beach on Phuket ( IMO )

I haven't been to the southern beaches since the cleanup started. This was from Bang Tao beach, while cleanup was still in progress.

Generally the beaches looks much nicer now compared to the past.

P8220040.JPG

Me too!! And then I fell in love, on Bang Tao and a year later made the move...

^ If only there were an umbrella and sun lounger ... Paradise

^^^ actually that is not south Bang Tao either, is it? That part is very narrow and void of trees as many smaller hotels and resorts have chopped down the trees years ago

Edited by EBlair48

Nothing is real in Thailand...nothing.

Everything is real in Thailand… everything.
One just needs to take off the farang-tinted specs, and adjust their eyes to what reality here really is.

It appears Thailand needed a military coup to wind back a lot of............ "reality." biggrin.png