Anyone has an idea on homeless skinny Swiss guy in South Pattaya?

konying

Google translate to German works well. Print out a few questions in German of the information you want to know (big print) or surely our german speaking members can post some up. Such as...

Where are you from?

Where do you live?

You want to help?

Sounds like a chap I knew who fried his brains on drugs by the way....

That's a great idea , the only problem is understanding what he answers smile.png

Well you can also print answer answer cards he can point to (list of countries etc....)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Konying,

I admire you for your charity...but as you said, he needs help, but I'm not sure what form of help is needed? If the Thai authorities detain him, what would his future be?

Exactly why i do not want Thai authorities to get involved.

I believe he needs to be flown back home and/or medically evaluated.

May be the "craziness" was a result of loss of everything.

I really do not know. but living on the streets in Thailand is not exactly a place for someone in his state.

May be someone knows him or of him, may be someone who speaks german sees him and can get more sense of what his deal is.

Just trying to help fellow foreigner, as no one seems to care

Then continue to "help" him...he's not the first destitute homeless falang in Pattaya...he didn't just fall out of the sky...there has to be a reason why no one back home gives a dang about his welfare.

I think only help we can do is give him a bit of money.

If many of us give 100 he be ok for a while.

Thing is its hard to organize.

I suggest paypal donate or some fund me website.

Someone trusted here could set up and give to him.

I dont know its good idea or not

But i guess thats what he needs.

Or if there would be enough money u could rent him cheap room for a month or two ..

The "TOURIST-POLICE" should be involved. All languages originating from Europe are represented by the many members. Sooner or later, his native language will be found out.

But that will not help a great deal. Most European Embassies will only start a search for relatives in his home country with the aim to secure the funds to get the person back home. No more.

--------------------------

Sometimes people fall and stumble. As a Farang, It is better to fall and stumble in your home-country than in Thailand.

The sad part of it is, that originally, it all started with the "Thailand-Dream".

Cheers.

Or if there would be enough money u could rent him cheap room for a month or two ..

I do not think money is the answer here, proper medical care or some kind of welfare system which is available home is the answer

The "TOURIST-POLICE" should be involved. All languages originating from Europe are represented by the many members. Sooner or later, his native language will be found out.

But that will not help a great deal. Most European Embassies will only start a search for relatives in his home country with the aim to secure the funds to get the person back home. No more.

--------------------------

Sometimes people fall and stumble. As a Farang, It is better to fall and stumble in your home-country than in Thailand.

The sad part of it is, that originally, it all started with the "Thailand-Dream".

Cheers.

Tourist police will get him locked up, most likely mistreated and possibly deported if he does not die rotting in some cell

Tourist police will get him locked up, most likely mistreated and possibly deported if he does not die rotting in some cell

Not so sure. They are less than interested.

I remember the case of a shabby German guy wandering half naked around Soi Buakhao even frightening passers bye with shouting and grimaces.

And he was a really down-and-out (I saw him myself and heard him talking German, really frightening).

Long time no police of any kind took care.

But I must admit: I don't know what happened to him,

Edited by KhunBENQ

He got taken away by immigration in soi buakhow,he was dirty and would be abusive to everyone ,steal from 7-11 and would stand in the middle of the street and have a crap.he was seen on tv being hosed down.but he was around for a long time before anything was done.

He got taken away by immigration in soi buakhow,he was dirty and would be abusive to everyone ,steal from 7-11 and would stand in the middle of the street and have a crap.he was seen on tv being hosed down.but he was around for a long time before anything was done.

I guess you meant this guy;

120.jpg

This a bit of topic but has anyone every seen the guys that live down the subway tunnel in NYC they only come out of the tunnels to check the bin for food and never leave the subway tunnels so their always in the dark and are black with dirt and very animalistic? Shocking to say the least! This guy looks like one of them but a lot cleaner.

Have not seen him for 2 days, hence no update on the name yet

It's a pity that I didn't see this topic on time. Thursday at about 1.45 pm he was on 3rd road almost in front of the fire brigade EXIT. I'll post here when I see him again.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 4G LTE

I do not think money is the answer here, proper medical care or some kind of welfare system which is available home is the answer

Yeh but to get him home he need bit of dough.

And for food and that..

Talking dosent do much for him.

And ppl who say tourist police should talk him. Well they will throw him in to Immigration detention center until u pay ur way out and buy flight out of thai.

That could be long time..

I know it may not be to peoples liking, but would a picture help?wai.gif

If you have seen the guy, you would know.

If you have not, picture would not be of any use

We now have 3 pages with a lot of conjecture and a very, very sketchy description.

Take a picture the next time you have him in one of his more lucid moments and post it here. It may not help but it certainly won't make his situation any worse.

Record any conversation and maybe, with Mods permission, you could post an uploadable sound clip that some here may be able to interpret.

Also, when you try the Swiss Consulate or Embassy or even going the rounds of the Swiss eateries, you may ask them to post the picture in case some of there patrons know him.

I am not sure about the rules on the postcard advertising rules on the signboards at Big C Extra, Foodland and Friendship, but maybe a 'Do you know this man?' posted (in English/Swiss/German/Thai) with his picture and a contact number for anyone recognising him to call with information. The worst you could get is some wag saying, "Yes! He wanders around Jomtien!"

Finally, the foreign volunteers at either Soi 9 or the Tourist Police on the hill would be a really good contact. They don't go around automatically rounding up and incarcerating foreign vagrants. The fear of him being locked up is irrational as AFAIK he doesn't seem to be bothering anyone. Both police volunteers have members from Germany and Switzerland that may help nail down his nationality and indentity.

Edited by NanLaew

Ok, finally saw him again.

Total geeberish, but managed to get an answer to where you from.

Answer was Swiss, no luck with name.

When i asked about name he started to speak something about Picasso.

Asked him if he was hungry, but he kept on talking about Picasso .

Few mins later. he said he was not hungry, because he already had small orange juice.

So cooked him up a small meal with coffee.

After the meal he "paid" me with 7-11 stamps(you know the ones you get when you purchase something)

No, he does not have a beard.

He is easily spoted, as i described earlier.

Around 170 cm tall/5.7

Very skinny

Blond hair and facial hair(short)

Always and i meal always wears the same clothing.

Black leather alike jacket

Green checked shirt

Light brown dress shoes, with no back

Black corduroy jeans

• Like 1

Is he the chap with a beard ? I usually see him around sukhumvit/theprasit junction area. Wife gives him some money sometimes

No, i know the guy you mean, that guy is ok and i think fully sane.

This guy is around 3 road intersection with South Pattaya road.

I know it may not be to peoples liking, but would a picture help?wai.gif

If you have seen the guy, you would know.

If you have not, picture would not be of any use

We now have 3 pages with a lot of conjecture and a very, very sketchy description.

Take a picture the next time you have him in one of his more lucid moments and post it here. It may not help but it certainly won't make his situation any worse.

Record any conversation and maybe, with Mods permission, you could post an uploadable sound clip that some here may be able to interpret.

Also, when you try the Swiss Consulate or Embassy or even going the rounds of the Swiss eateries, you may ask them to post the picture in case some of there patrons know him.

I am not sure about the rules on the postcard advertising rules on the signboards at Big C Extra, Foodland and Friendship, but maybe a 'Do you know this man?' posted (in English/Swiss/German/Thai) with his picture and a contact number for anyone recognising him to call with information. The worst you could get is some wag saying, "Yes! He wanders around Jomtien!"

Finally, the foreign volunteers at either Soi 9 or the Tourist Police on the hill would be a really good contact. They don't go around automatically rounding up and incarcerating foreign vagrants. The fear of him being locked up is irrational as AFAIK he doesn't seem to be bothering anyone. Both police volunteers have members from Germany and Switzerland that may help nail down his nationality and indentity.

He speaks very soft i do not think phone will pick it up and again not sure if what he says makes any sense.

His nationality is finally confirmed, Swiss, the name is still remains a problem.

rumours are one falang with glasses collecting rubbish is a wealthy bar owner possibly german

Try spending little less time in the bar and little more time reading.rolleyes.gif

1. This guy is NOT german

2. This guy does NOT collect rubbish

3. This guy does not own anything, does not even have clothing other than what he wears

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...