Ripped off in Cha-am bar !?

thecyclist

Having been on quite a few pub crawls in Hua Hin , I thought I should give the farang bars in Cha-am a try. Hua Hin Soi 80 bars have pretty uniform drink prices:80 baht for a bottle of beer, it doesn't matter what beer you drink , nor which bar you go to.
In Cha-am on the other hand there was greater variation : From 60 for Chang to 80 or 90 Baht for a Heineken.Only one bar stood out with a whopping 100 Baht for a Heineken: Lung Dee's Bar. And it certainly wasn't for the "good looks" of the girls working there. On the contrary, they were just about the least appealing of the Soi. No bill was issued and I had a strong feeling that when the girl said a 100 Baht, she was adding a little tip for herself . Whether that is so or not, on my next visit to Cha-am I might pay a visit to any of the bars except for Lung Dee's. Cheating or overpricing should be punished us the consumer

Absolutely right canman: Good old "Lung Dee's" was my first bar and I didn't ask, after that I did ask and never paid 100 again

It is not the 20 Baht , it is the principle, it is about honesty and the mindset of their dishonesty: You farang you have money too much.

If she said it was a 100 B .then it was a 100: not so sure about that: But if you a resident of cha-am and a regular in the bars there, casualbiker, I will take your word for it.The Cha-am system is kind of unique in that you don't get a bill in a little cup for every drink you order-at least I didn't

• Like 2

pretty clear to me:

cheated:Paying a 100 for an item actually priced at 80

overcharged: Paying a 100 for an inferior service, of which a superior kind can be had everywhere else for 80

I would have to agree with you that a cute girl equates to superior service. An ugly fat girl would be inferior service, even it she was competent (who cares about that?)

"Hua Hin Soi 80 bars have pretty uniform drink prices:80 baht for a bottle of beer, it doesn't matter what beer you drink , nor which bar you go to. "

I don't think I've ever paid 80 baht in soi 80 for a beer. Mind you I drink Chang. I seem to recall there's a bar or two that do buy 3 for 2 which was at least until recently 100 baht FOR 3 BEERS, so I'm not sure that it's always 80 baht for every type of beer in every bar in soi 80. Just an observation. Maybe the word is out that you pay 80 and now they've all stuck to over charging you?

• Like 1

i also noticed that every beer i drink in the bars in soi 102, whatever the brand or size, are always 102 baht. i am starting to notice a pricing vs location pricing pattern here OP

maybe we should start to drink in the lower numbered soi's, towards the north end of town, we would get much lower prices of beer !

i am not sure on the looks of the bar girls at that end of town though. has anyone experienced the lowered soi numbers's bar girls recently? maybe lower soi numbers means lower waist sizes too!! happy days tongue.pnglaugh.pngbiggrin.pngsmile.pngw00t.gif

Maybe I shouldn't have generalized from the Heineken and SM light to all beers. Rarely drink Chang.unless it is a lot cheaper.But I probably have been to most of the bars on Soi 80 and always paid 80 for the Heineken, not one exception to that rule.

Soi 102:Never been that far down Petkasem for nighttime activities. What's down there?

Slightly off topic but I'm visiting Hua Hin again in Jan. I've thought a few times about going to Cha Am to look around for a day

and stay till late evening. Is it worth it? and more importantly is easy to get back to HH late at night.

Thanks for any advice.

Edited by ToneG