Couple busted in Isaan with 150 kilograms of heroin

webfact

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before the Taliban, Afghanistan produced 600 Tons of Heroin per annum. The Taliban reduced it to about one ton per annum.

The Yanks go in, and now, last year, they produced 800 tons. Some cynics say "mission accomplished"!

IE

Post your source and from a legit, non-biased source.

Afghan Poppy production dropped dramatically in 2001 but has returned to previous levels.

Was 2001 an anomaly due to weather or intervention?

Don't know, but blaming "Yanks" sounds like typical America hating BS, likely from a Brit. If I'm wrong about you being a Brit, my apologies to all Brits.

I'll be waiting for your source from a non agenda-driven web site.

Thanks.

I would have thought that with a bust of that size they could 'turn' the mules and set up a sting to catch bigger fish.

Short term gain but still long term pain!

What? Do you mean that the Police didn't think of that?

Perhaps they don't want to know about the corrupt hiso,s or others who may be implicated.

150kg!!!! that is a huge amount of heroin. According to a quick google, the biggest heroin bust ever was in San Francisco in 1991, when a shipment of about 500 kg being shipped from Thailand was seized.

If this figure is correct, this must be one of the top 10 biggest busts ever. I'd be willing to bet that the reporter either mixed up his units or slipped a decimal point.

I saw it on television last night,:it was a very large bust.

But once again the authorities through away the opportunity to catch the big guys. Why?

jb1

I would have thought that with a bust of that size they could 'turn' the mules and set up a sting to catch bigger fish.

Perhaps they don't want to know about the corrupt hiso,s or others who may be implicated.

Don't put down to conspiracy that which can be explained by incompetence.

• Like 1

Before the Taliban, Afghanistan produced 600 Tons of Heroin per annum. The Taliban reduced it to about one ton per annum.

The Yanks go in, and now, last year, they produced 800 tons. Some cynics say "mission accomplished"!

IE

Post your source and from a legit, non-biased source.

Afghan Poppy production dropped dramatically in 2001 but has returned to previous levels.

Was 2001 an anomaly due to weather or intervention?

Don't know, but blaming "Yanks" sounds like typical America hating BS, likely from a Brit. If I'm wrong about you being a Brit, my apologies to all Brits.

I'll be waiting for your source from a non agenda-driven web site.

Thanks.

It has been well documented in 2000 / 2001 Taliban issued an edict to stop opium production, (example below), existing stocks were warehoused, but production dropped dramatically. It is acknowledged that now Afghanistani opium supports 90% of heroin worldwide production; despite the presence of ISAF, do a Google search.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/05/20/world/taliban-s-ban-on-poppy-a-success-us-aides-say.html

Think you will agree US has overall command, a Reuters article quoting a NATO spokesman

Russia, citing heroin and morphine addicts and 30,000 deaths each year, called for a poppy eradication effort, but NATO refused. “We cannot be in a situation where we remove the only source of income of people who live in the second poorest country in the world without being able to provide them with an alternative,” NATO spokesman James Appathurai said at the time.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/03/24/uk-nato-russia-afghanistan-idUKTRE62N56U20100324

I'm just waiting on the usual idiots proclaiming that the Government should "legalize, control and tax it" in order to cut out the manufacturing, dealers and couriers.

I always like their stupid posts.

well well DLick, how exactly is that idea idiotic? Given that its legal status is the only reason why its worth so much, and the only reason why it's such a tempting avenue of "employment". Some "idiots" have suggested that prohibition actually causes the drug "problem". A self fulfilling prophecy if you will. They must be nuts eh?I mean forget that since prohibition billions of shekels have been wasted, millions of lives have been destroyed, and countries have turned into semi-fascist police states, all to combat a problem which has billowed out of control because the very solution they have tried to apply to this "problem". Just take a look a Mexico. Obviously if we've been doing something for half a century, and the results have been the very opposite to the stated objective, then what should we do?

Hurray! Lets just keep banging our heads, hearts and wallets against the wall. Great idea.

You see DLick, using the words "usual idiots" and "stupid posts" is not actually an argument. It's just adjectives. Go and google "how to win an argument" and come back when you've found out something about reason and evidence. The scientific method.

And remember, Jesus loves you, but I think you're a bit simple.

• Like 1

I was curious about how much space you would need in your car/ truck to transport 150kG of heroin.. as it turns out based on the information gleaned from the Internet that I quoted below it's not that much... A standard 1.8 cubic foot microwave oven can hold 29.4 kilos of class 4 heroin so about 5 boxes/ fertilizers bags should be enough and could easily be packed into just about any standard car or truck with plenty of room left over for 50,000 or so yaba tablets..

"The standard-sized bricks, called “units” (700-gram) or “half-units” (350 grams), are then placed in plastic bags and heat-sealed, ready for sale to heroin brokers and wholesalers. Each full unit measures 5½-inches long, 4-inches wide, and 2-inches deep. A standard briefcase, measuring 14 inches by 20 inches, and 5 inches deep, can easily hold 18 units (12.6 kilograms) of Mainland Southeast Asian heroin, stacked in two layers. A standard 1.8 cubic foot microwave oven can hold approximately 42 units (29.4 kilograms) of Mainland Southeast Asian heroin."

Source: https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40013

The seizure also indicated that drug traffickers are shifting narcotics transportation routes from the North through the northeast provinces.

This is hardly recent news. For years now around Ubol there have been a lot of cops looking for people shipping drugs over from Laos to Bangkok and beyond.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Deputy commissioner of Region Four Police Pol Lt-Gen Dechnarong Suthicharn-bancha, said “Under normal conditions, police authorities are reluctant to release the monetary value of the drugs as we do not want it to serve as an enticement for others to become mules or traffickers. But unofficial street value puts the amount of drugs at around 1.2 million Baht per block of heroin. Should the drugs make its way to its final destination in European countries this value then increases a hundred folds.”

this is rich, the thai police generally radically overestimate the street value of any drug they seize

Don't put down to conspiracy that which can be explained by incompetence.

And I was just trying to be "diplomatic". I was sprung! whistling.gif

I'm just waiting on the usual idiots proclaiming that the Government should "legalize, control and tax it" in order to cut out the manufacturing, dealers and couriers.

I always like their stupid posts.

And here I was waiting for the idiots to come along and say, "let's keep it illegal". True ignorance. Get educated on this subject.

Watch this :

http://www.thehouseilivein.org/see-the-film/watch-the-film/