Organic Foods

glasswort

Vegetables are easily available....And I trust the royal projects.

Eggs are available...No idea if they are honest.

I have seen milk, I have seen yoghurt. Butter I don't know.

Any meat.....no.

But there is American/Australian Beef available which is supposed to live outside but no organic label.

I don't trust local markets.

As h90 stated, trust Royal project? you could... the rest, just flip a coin, farmers here are

using fertilizers that have been banned anywhere else long time ago, just the other day

there was this article in the local papers lamenting how a survey found high the level on

contaminations in local Veg and fruits, way beyond the allowed levels...

• Like 2

One of the best beefs in Thailand is Pongyangkham beef all grass fed and the quality is very very good . It was started by a Frenchman years ago around Sakon Nakhon . There is a butchers shop near Villa market on suhkumvit rd in BKK , not sure what Soi but on one side of the entrance to the Soi off Suhkumvit rd there is Villa market , on the other side is an Irish pub , just walk down the soi about 20-30 meters it is on the right hand side as you walk down . They sell this beef there . For more information just google Pongyangkham beef .

Cheers

• Like 2

Not sure about beef, but Anchor butter from New Zealand is grass fed and is a good product. Some of the better supermarkets sell very expensive French butter- production is very tightly controlled by the French Government- it's very good but a bit pricy .

• Like 1

Just ask at Foodland for 'naturally raised' beef (liang tamachart). It's all grass fed. And avoid the 'pen fed' beef.

I see a bull munching on the vacant lot a few houses up from my place. He's going to end up on a plate sometime soon.

I concur with Anchor butter.

Foodland is good. In Makro they have a lot of imported frozen items from many countries. The have New Zealand boneless lamb shoulder very good and NZ legs lamb 350baht Kg not sure about the beef they have Aussie beef but think it is corn fed but I know the NZ stuff is grass fed. Foodland have a lot of organic stuff but go for the imported stuff.

Cannot rely on Thai organic.

Am I the only one here married to a cowgirl? I can't speak for the big city but I know that all the villages that sell beef at the local markets r selling free range grass fed meat. Feed is too freaking expensive for the small time locals ant not necessary.

I have never seen cattle eating anything but grass in the Northeast - Mukdahan Province. Nong Sung beef I believe is grass fed. Grass fed beef usually exhibits less fat and the fat is whiter not yellow. Grains are expensive and since there is a lot of grass in Thailand why feed anything but grass.

Its a matter of taste. The beef from corn fed cattle may taste a little sweeter but is that everyone's preference? Less fat from grass fed cattle is better for my heart and I prefer that flavour. Grains suh as corn are often used to fatten the cattle faster so they will weigh more and thus they will get a better price for the same age cow.

you will find corn fed beef to be of better quality than grass fed.

I have never seen cattle eating anything but grass in the Northeast - Mukdahan Province. Nong Sung beef I believe is grass fed. Grass fed beef usually exhibits less fat and the fat is whiter not yellow. Grains are expensive and since there is a lot of grass in Thailand why feed anything but grass.

Well mass production beef you wouldn't see. The beef is chained in places that look like factories.

They have it in Austria. Where all is full of grass...Scary to look at: the legs are on chains, as you don't want the animal moves.

Don't confuse quality with taste. Corn fed beef are full of gmo crap, thus increasing likely hood of cancer. Grass is quality.

Well, common sense, what is the natural food of a cow.....neither corn nor soya....it is grass.