90 Day report

Did my 90 day report at Jomtien yesterday, had all the Paperwork, copies of Passport pages, house rent contract etc, arrived at 2.09 pm got ticket at front counter my number was showing as I got the ticket, went to the Officer and gave her my paperwork and Passport she put my Passport number in her computer and printer out a form told me to sign it when I came in November and that all I had to do, gave me back all my paperwork said "not need" She also told me that in November she would put my 90 day report and my renewal for extension of stay on the same day. I said that was very easy and thank her, she said we make easy for good Farang. out the door at 2.11pm.

The form she stapled into my Passport was a full page not a quarter page like before with all my details on it, just need to sign it to get the 90 day done in November, I think what she meant was they make things easy for long term real retirement people and other real visa people and extensions of stay (marriage) so maybe getting rid of all the rift raft and dodgy visa run lot has made it better for the real Farangs , don't know but maybe.

It was so quick and easy I don't understand why some people pay Visa agents to do this for them, it would take more time to get to the Visa agent and then pay ฿20,000 as I see here on TV, I think, just crazy.

• Like 1

Share your opinion about all the shady people that lives and lived here in Thailand. When it rains from somebody it pours on others. so by getting rid of all the

riff raff, the rest of us hopefuly will have a easier life here with the immigration..

Glegolo

• Like 1

"It was so quick and easy I don't understand why some people pay Visa agents to do this for them, it would take more time to get to the Visa agent and then pay ฿20,000 as I see here on TV, I think, just crazy."

Because each of our situations is different. I pay an agent 20,000+ to get the visa/wp in the first place. Me filling out forms wouldn't be sufficient - an agent that has relationships with relevant people at relevant agencies is necessary for those of us in certain situations. The agent then does my 90 day reporting at no extra cost - indeed I'm currently having a coffee before taking my dogs for a walk, knowing that my agent did my report earlier today while I was probably still in bed.

"It was so quick and easy I don't understand why some people pay Visa agents to do this for them, it would take more time to get to the Visa agent and then pay ฿20,000 as I see here on TV, I think, just crazy."

Because each of our situations is different. I pay an agent 20,000+ to get the visa/wp in the first place. Me filling out forms wouldn't be sufficient - an agent that has relationships with relevant people at relevant agencies is necessary for those of us in certain situations. The agent then does my 90 day reporting at no extra cost - indeed I'm currently having a coffee before taking my dogs for a walk, knowing that my agent did my report earlier today while I was probably still in bed.

Post was about 90 day report only not WP and 90 day report, very different

Did my 90 day report in Phuket this morning. To all the 17 people who pushed past me to get inside as the doors openned at 08:30, I hope you spent the whole day there, due to your bad manners. From parking my car, to getting my photostat copies of the nessessary pages, to being called up and stamped, then back in my car..... 3 minutes. Before any of the rude people where even helped. Amazing what a smile and a friendly greeting can do, even in Immigration. Thanks folks at immigration.

The real point of the post is no need for any copies of passport or rent contract, the copies I gave to the Officer was handed back to me and told ,,no need,,. this never happen before in 6 years.

Did my 90 day report in Phuket this morning. To all the 17 people who pushed past me to get inside as the doors openned at 08:30, I hope you spent the whole day there, due to your bad manners. From parking my car, to getting my photostat copies of the nessessary pages, to being called up and stamped, then back in my car..... 3 minutes. Before any of the rude people where even helped. Amazing what a smile and a friendly greeting can do, even in Immigration. Thanks folks at immigration.

Was not my day today (was 2 weeks ago), but I totally and at 200% about your report. To the hell with your 17 peoples (and with mine).

The real point of the post is no need for any copies of passport or rent contract, the copies I gave to the Officer was handed back to me and told ,,no need,,. this never happen before in 6 years.

@Merlen.

Thanks for your report, but this is going on for sometime already (2-3 months), but my friend (who did his 90 day report just last week) had the same old piece of paper (no bar-code) stapled to this passport and they also took the copy passport and other copies., as there was no-one sitting behind the desk with the Computer.

And please note, this was also Jomtien Immigration.

Edited by MJCM

Do you mean that 6 months ago you were asked for copy of passport and rent contract at Jomtien?

<snip>

Do you mean that 6 months ago you were asked for copy of passport and rent contract at Jomtien?

Jomtien immigration required (for a 90 day Report) the following documents

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/715339-90-day-reporting-for-marriage-extension-what-do-i-need/#entry7632542

I always give them the following and never had a problem

• Filled in Tm.47 90 Day Report Form
  • Copy of Face Page passport
  • Copy of Non-O Visa
  • Copy of Tm Card
  • Copy of last permission to stay stamp
  • Copy of a recentToT bill (Could be electricity bill or something else) just to prove that I am still staying at the same address.
Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

Yes 6 months ago & again 3 months ago had to have all passport and rent copies at Jomtiem & every time before that, now told no need for copies.

<snip>

Jomtien immigration required (for a 90 day Report) the following documents

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/715339-90-day-reporting-for-marriage-extension-what-do-i-need/#entry7632542

I always give them the following and never had a problem

• Filled in Tm.47 90 Day Report Form
  • Copy of Face Page passport
  • Copy of Non-O Visa
  • Copy of Tm Card
  • Copy of last permission to stay stamp
  • Copy of a recentToT bill (Could be electricity bill or something else) just to prove that I am still staying at the same address.

That is what I gave the Officer and she gave it back to me did not look at the copies.

I answered your question which was 'why do people pay 20k baht to have their 90 day reports done for them?'.

I was trying to clarify for you that people don't pay 20k baht for 90 day reports - they pay it for a combination of services.

By the way, the extension of stay is the main part of that - wp much easier.

I answered your question which was 'why do people pay 20k baht to have their 90 day reports done for them?'.

I was trying to clarify for you that people don't pay 20k baht for 90 day reports - they pay it for a combination of services.

I had in my post,, I think,, I was wrong, it is ฿1,000.00 a year , always put my hand up when wrong,. but still would not use a visa agent, most are just rip off merchants and I don't mind going to immigration. but as you say some may have to use a agent.

I had in my post,, I think,, I was wrong, it is ฿1,000.00 a year , always put my hand up when wrong,. but still would not use a visa agent, most are just rip off merchants and I don't mind going to immigration. but as you say some may have to use a agent.

The trick is not to use any outfit with words such as 'visa', 'expat', or 'international' in their name... I use an accountancy firm.

Just for info

90 Day report done today at Maptaphut (Rayong). TM47 + passport with TM card only.

Total time inside Immigration Office....less than 2 minutes.

Gosh, I've usually found myself stuck for ages (45 mins+) behind a long line of agents/couriers each seeking multiple reports on behalf of a whole army of foreigners working on the nearby industrial estate whenever I used to do my reports in person there! And not helped by the fact that only a single window is available for 90-day reporting at that particular office.

For these reasons I now submit my reports by mail.

The trick is not to use any outfit with words such as 'visa', 'expat', or 'international' in their name... I use an accountancy firm.

I'm sure your accountancy firm is beyond reproach, but a fundamental risk with using any "visa agent", it seems to me, is that one can never be sure whether 90-day confirmation slips & passport extension of stay stamps were provided genuinely by Immigration or by a mate of theirs who is an expert in forgery.....

I'm sure your accountancy firm is beyond reproach, but a fundamental risk with using any "visa agent", it seems to me, is that one can never be sure whether 90-day confirmation slips & passport extension of stay stamps were provided genuinely by Immigration or by a mate of theirs who is an expert in forgery.....

I agree - I think it pays to get a sense of the organisation you're dealing with, and probably avoid one that appears to be set up solely to provide visa services for foreigners, that has premises in a touristy area, that is suspiciously cheap etc etc. Same deal with handing over money to anybody really.