Is Thai bar girl different to most?

scoteng

There was a married Thai couple, lived a couple of doors down from me in the village. Nice people, late twenties. Used to come round for tea. One day they were telling me all about her Australian husband and her Thai husband was saying what a nice generous man he was blink.png and she was telling me all about him and knew his exact geographic movements down to the day.

blink.pngblink.png

Of course Aussie had no idea of this romantic love triangle.

The next stage seemed to be to move her over to Aus (for the divorce) so she could do some gold mining over there too (his remaining assets).

No. You really couldn't make this stuff up. I think rgs2001 will remember the phone conversation we had about it at the time. Does give us a few laughs mind.

Stories like this make me very happy that I have ZERO assets back home.

You need assets for your old age . . . in your name . . . which cannot be got at. Because there comes a time when the light dawns and these guys realise that they're old and have nothing. Terrible place to be.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a married Thai couple, lived a couple of doors down from me in the village. Nice people, late twenties. Used to come round for tea. One day they were telling me all about her Australian husband and her Thai husband was saying what a nice generous man he was blink.png and she was telling me all about him and knew his exact geographic movements down to the day.

blink.pngblink.png

The next stage seemed to be to move her over to Aus (for the divorce) so she could do some gold mining over there too (his remaining assets).

No. You really couldn't make this stuff up. I think rgs2001 will remember the phone conversation we had about it at the time. Does give us a few laughs mind.

You need assets for your old age . . . in your name . . . which cannot be got at. Because there comes a time when the light dawns and these guys realise that they're old and have nothing. Terrible place to be.

So true. Reality on the forum instead of fairy tales.

blink.pngblink.png

I am old, but I have my pension which is all I need to live a reasonable life.

I don't plan on being around when I'm too decrepit to enjoy life anyway, so I don't need assets. By assets I mean a house, expensive car or boat etc. If they want to consider my over 20 year old car an "asset", good luck to them.

After my ex got my house, I realised that going without to have a house that the next Mrs could also steal from me is a fool's game.

No such thing in my country. The courts will always steal a man's property to give to a woman that happened to live with you for over 2 years, no matter how evil she is. Don't even have to be married.

A shade sad but life is life. Things happen. Hope all goes well in the furure. (I did chuckle at the evil bit).

If I really had to marry a bargirl , I would make sure my Thai was fluent and talk to everyone in her family to find out more about her life. Even then it will be hard to find out if her thai boyfriend or husband is still around.

Or else you will be lied to forever.

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

If I really had to marry a bargirl , I would make sure my Thai was fluent and talk to everyone in her family to find out more about her life. Even then it will be hard to find out if her thai boyfriend or husband is still around.

At the end of the day they are only a girl. Bar girl? Normal girl? Good and bad everywhere. Unfortunately because of where they work impression is every foreigner is loaded.

At the end of the day they are only a girl. Bar girl? Normal girl? Good and bad everywhere. Unfortunately because of where they work impression is every foreigner is loaded.

<Unfortunately because of where they work impression is every foreigner is loaded.>

Nothing to do with the bar. My wife works for a well known wholesaler chain in Thailand and the people she works with all think I'm rich because I'm a farang.

Nothing to do with the bar. My wife works for a well known wholesaler chain in Thailand and the people she works with all think I'm rich because I'm a farang.

Are you?

Did I miss the part on how old the OPs girlfriends child is? I mean, if he first met her when she was 19, how old was she when she had her kid? Who is the kids father? What's the story there? OP, I would be very, very wary. But good luck to you.

Edited by wuming

Are you?[/quots

Sorry, bit flippant, get your point.

The thing which strikes me most about this thread is how much the OP took the advice he was given for granted and treated it in such a dismissive manner.

I can remember years ago spending many sleepless nights tossing and turning, trying to figure out on my own what to do in a similar predicament. There was no one I felt I could really confide in. What I wouldn't have done to have a place like TV to use as a sounding board to help me work through the problem.

OP I don't wish you ill-will, but I have to say again I found the ingratitude you displayed on this thread appalling. Shame on you!

Why does "young Grasshopper" have to show such deep gratitude Old Gekko. It's just a sounding board on TVF and I imagine he does mull over a few of the things people have said. At the end of the day we were all young once, and have to learn through bitter experience rather than what our wise elders say. I don't think OP has been "dismissive" he's just caught up in his adventure with a young woman his own age, which is far cry from the situations many of his so called advisors are in. But you're right on the value of Internet forums for being somewhere to get advice or confide. When I was in my early teens and desperately trying to figure out the fairer sex I would have given my right arm for a forum!

• Like 2

Are you?

Hardly. I'm one of those farangs that a lot of people on TV scorn because we don't have 50,000 baht a month to live on. I get by on 15,000.

• Like 1

Are you?

Hardly. I'm one of those farangs that a lot of people on TV scorn because we don't have 50,000 baht a month to live on. I get by on 15,000.

Meant no offence. You are richer than me. Money don't buy love. Helps though!

Seems to me that everyone is overlooking the poor economy, the lack of good jobs available, and a whole host of other things. You do what you have to do to survive in a world that doesn't give a damn whether you live or die. And a lot of you left a world behind you to live in Thai. Accept it and go with the flow.

Are you?

Why so low?

Seems to me that everyone is overlooking the poor economy, the lack of good jobs available, and a whole host of other things. You do what you have to do to survive in a world that doesn't give a damn whether you live or die. And a lot of you left a world behind you to live in Thai. Accept it and go with the flow.

Your glass is obviously half empty.

• Like 1

Are you?

Why so low?

Because I was a nurse for 26 years and nurses get paid rubbish wages for what they do. Had I been a banker like my father wanted I'd be one of those on 50,000 a month.

The thing which strikes me most about this thread is how much the OP took the advice he was given for granted and treated it in such a dismissive manner.

I can remember years ago spending many sleepless nights tossing and turning, trying to figure out on my own what to do in a similar predicament. There was no one I felt I could really confide in. What I wouldn't have done to have a place like TV to use as a sounding board to help me work through the problem.

OP I don't wish you ill-will, but I have to say again I found the ingratitude you displayed on this thread appalling. Shame on you!

Why does "young Grasshopper" have to show such deep gratitude Old Gekko. It's just a sounding board on TVF and I imagine he does mull over a few of the things people have said. At the end of the day we were all young once, and have to learn through bitter experience rather than what our wise elders say. I don't think OP has been "dismissive" he's just caught up in his adventure with a young woman his own age, which is far cry from the situations many of his so called advisors are in. But you're right on the value of Internet forums for being somewhere to get advice or confide. When I was in my early teens and desperately trying to figure out the fairer sex I would have given my right arm for a forum!

You're right Taco Boy, maybe it's not ingratitude. Maybe it's just a learning disability.

Are you?

Why so low?

Because I was a nurse for 26 years and nurses get paid rubbish wages for what they do. Had I been a banker like my father wanted I'd be one of those on 50,000 a month.

I like your honesty.

Three pm here in LOS, so our croupier should be getting home, ready to reply at sevenish in the morning, after skyping Angel.

Love this thread , so will suspend disbelief, just like I do whenever reading fiction.

Sad that Samuel Beckett never had the joy of computers!

Now my thread , to reply to those who cannot trust their beloved.

When I first met my now wife, before agreeing to come back, being a Buddhist, I said we should consult a monk I knew.

If he felt our futures were together, then I would return.

I did and we consulted another monk, and he too agreed that our future was good.

Now before you neigh sayers jump in, I knew that Thai were highly superstitious and would fear the fortune reading of a revered monk.

Furthermore I hinted that my dead ancestors would for ever curse her if she betrayed me.

We married and later both my parents died, leaving me a considerable amount of money.

We bought a home together; we had been married ten years and decided to have a child, now that we were happily married(most of the time) and had a wonderful house.

The result was my son, and the house is in his name, joint for the legal experts, as only my wife has ownership until he is twenty. She would never take this house from my son, as if I were dead, then my spirit would haunt her!

There is a small shrine to my parents, which my wife blesses weekly when all the Buddha and other shrines ( the spirit house) are refreshed with flowers and whatever.

The spirits guard me, because she believes in them, not me!

So while still suspending disbelief, that chapter five might be written, I suggest that Scotroll take angel to consult a revered monk. She should know a good one , if not, I know several!

• Like 2

What kind of assets can be protected when you get old?

We bought a home together; we had been married ten years and decided to have a child, now that we were happily married(most of the time) and had a wonderful house.

The result was my son, and the house is in his name, joint for the legal experts, as only my wife has ownership until he is twenty. She would never take this house from my son, as if I were dead, then my spirit would haunt her!

There is a small shrine to my parents, which my wife blesses weekly when all the Buddha and other shrines ( the spirit house) are refreshed with flowers and whatever.

The spirits guard me, because she believes in them, not me!

So while still suspending disbelief, that chapter five might be written, I suggest that Scotroll take angel to consult a revered monk. She should know a good one , if not, I know several!

But,

I wonder why she didn't tell you your son could own the house with you recorded as guardian and manager until he was age 20?

Good story, but there's always a little bit of dishonesty in every one.

Read my post!

My first wife was an American and her husband was a policeman and no one in the family told me she was still married while we were dating. They all spoke English; from the South so kind of English ( I understood most of it). Why do you think a family of any nationality will tell an outsider about a relative?

Read my post!

What post? You don't mean the one about the ghosts protecting your investments do you?

Edited by thailiketoo

My first wife was an American and her husband was a policeman and no one in the family told me she was still married while we were dating. They all spoke English; from the South so kind of English ( I understood most of it). Why do you think a family of any nationality will tell an outsider about a relative?

Didn't you get married recently from previous post?