Is Thai bar girl different to most?

scoteng

If I really had to marry a bargirl , I would make sure my Thai was fluent and talk to everyone in her family to find out more about her life. Even then it will be hard to find out if her thai boyfriend or husband is still around.

Or else you will be lied to forever.

At the end of the day they are only a girl. Bar girl? Normal girl? Good and bad everywhere. Unfortunately because of where they work impression is every foreigner is loaded.

Nothing to do with the bar. My wife works for a well known wholesaler chain in Thailand and the people she works with all think I'm rich because I'm a farang.

Are you?

Hardly. I'm one of those farangs that a lot of people on TV scorn because we don't have 50,000 baht a month to live on. I get by on 15,000.

Why so low?

Because I was a nurse for 26 years and nurses get paid rubbish wages for what they do. Had I been a banker like my father wanted I'd be one of those on 50,000 a month.

Nurses pensions are good, or they certainly were in the UK.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of assets can be protected when you get old?

Index linked company pension scheme, guaranteed by your government.

Good until you're dead and then some.

Ya that makes sense but I don't think that's what MJP had in mind. I mean SS takes at least 40 quarters of working.

• Like 1

What post? You don't mean the one about the ghosts protecting your investments do you?

When I die, my wife inherits half my monthly pension, if she dies too before my son is twenty, he receives same and then inherits the house.

Other monies go directly to my wife on my demise. Trust the spirits protect me, other wise she would be a fool not to kill me!

What post? You don't mean the one about the ghosts protecting your investments do you?

When I die, my wife inherits half my monthly pension, if she dies too before my son is twenty, he receives same and then inherits the house.

Other monies go directly to my wife on my demise. Trust the spirits protect me, other wise she would be a fool not to kill me!

My wife will get money if I die. Have no wish to let her know that. Great woman but always dubious.

• Like 1

And again I ask,

Why didn't you put the house in your son's name, and be manager yourself until he is 20?

If any part is in her name, she can borrow against it, ZERO protection.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

And again I ask,

Why didn't you put the house in your son's name, and be manager yourself until he is 20?

Too much.

My wife will get money if I die. Have no wish to let her know that. Great woman but always dubious.

If I did not trust her, love her and my son, then I would not wish to live!

Now all this is off topic and spoiling the plot for chapter five of my book. Maybe the last chapter, where Angel discovers that Scotroll has inherited a fortune and they buy a condom on the Thirtieth floor of a luxury skyscraper on Sukumwit and he mysteriously falls of the balcony while Angel was not there and has a friend to state they were together at the time.

Yes , it is getting there!

• Like 1

Now all this is off topic and spoiling the plot for chapter five of my book. Maybe the last chapter, where Angel discovers that Scotroll has inherited a fortune and they buy a condom on the thirtieth floor of a luxury skyscraper on Sukumwit and he mysteriously falls off the balcony while Angel was not there and has a friend to state they were together at the time.

Edited by buhi
  • Like 1

Now all this is off topic and spoiling the plot for chapter five of my book. Maybe the last chapter, where Angel discovers that Scotroll has inherited a fortune and they buy a condom on the Thirtieth floor of a luxury skyscraper on Sukumwit and he mysteriously falls of the balcony while Angel was not there and has a friend to state they were together at the time.

Any opinion yourself? Reply was good.

How much is a condom where you live?

Maybe I come across a bit of a tool but I have feelings for this girl and I need to know that her feelings are true and that her true intentions are a long term future with me and not the bar and other men.

Not sure if anyone's brought it up yet, but have you read the book Private Dancer? You should. You're in the lead role.

Do NOT read this book. I got through the first 50 pages and tossed it in the bin. Not because it wasn't true but because it was just about the most depressing read imaginable. No man could be expected to trust a Thai lady with such experiences in the back of his mind. Instead of being guided by someone else's bad experience, create your own good one. Just use a bit of common sense. No Thai lady can ever take from you what the western courts do, unless you are very foolish.

As far as the recipe for success is concerned, why listen to those who have been institutionalized into the bar scene? The only conversation you get from these shagged-out old husks, who grope out of habit and not desire, is how much you should pay for a blow-job. They have lost all sense of decency (if they ever had it at all). No woman with sense would touch them.

The doom-mongers may have their point of view but how about the girls? How many foreign men hit Thailand for a 2 week holiday, fall in lust, write heart-rending poetry or 'luv ya, babes' for 3 years, get cold feet and say 'Sorry, can't come'. These girls may have saved themselves and wasted their best years, for a waste of space, who if he was honest with himself, knew he wasn't really serious.

Is this you? If it is. Be a man and tell her and stop wasting her and your time.

As far as your young siren is concerned, if she speaks understandable English and says she has only been in the bar a week, it's an immediate red flag.

To end on a positive note, I saw a poll in another place asking a simple question. 'Are you happy with your Thai partner'? 80% said 'Yes'. wai2.gif

• Like 1

How much is a condom where you live?

Worth my life, if I am not where I live!

Come on folks, get back to the plot; Ive got the ending, but as yet the main character, Scotroll is still in England. Angel is still dancing in the bar.

They have to meet, god am I going to have to wait until November for chapter six!

If I really had to marry a bargirl , I would make sure my Thai was fluent and talk to everyone in her family to find out more about her life. Even then it will be hard to find out if her thai boyfriend or husband is still around.

My first wife was an American and her husband was a policeman and no one in the family told me she was still married while we were dating. They all spoke English; from the South so kind of English ( I understood most of it). Why do you think a family of any nationality will tell an outsider about a relative?

Balo:

Definitely hear where you're coming from. Totally agree that meeting your girlfriend's family before you start getting serious is a good idea, and the more you can speak Thai, the better you'll be able to get to know the family.

But the truth is NOBODY's going to give you the inside scoop on your fiancee's background. How come? Because everyone in town knows you'll be leaving on the morning bus, and that If they dare to say anything which sabotaged your fiancee's future with you, it would most likely get back to her. They'd still be there and have to deal with the repercussions of your fiancee's wrath, while you'd be long gone. So there's no payoff for them to spill the beans, To a person, mum's the word.

I know of a case where a woman stabbed her husband to death after catching him cheating on her with another woman. Long story short, she cut a deal with the police, was out of jail the next day, quickly went down to Pattaya, met a farang, got engaged, and brought him back to the village for the obligatory meet and greet. No one breathed a word about her background. She now lives somewhere in Europe. I'm sure her husband to this day doesn't have a clue about this skeleton in her closet. This isn't some folklore; I know for a fact that this is a true story.

My first wife was an American and her husband was a policeman and no one in the family told me she was still married while we were dating. They all spoke English; from the South so kind of English ( I understood most of it). Why do you think a family of any nationality will tell an outsider about a relative?

Balo:

Definitely hear where you're coming from. Totally agree that meeting your girlfriend's family before you start getting serious is a good idea, and the more you can speak Thai, the better you'll be able to get to know the family.

But the truth is NOBODY's going to give you the inside scoop on your fiancee's background. How come? Because everyone in town knows you'll be leaving on the morning bus, and that If they dare to say anything which sabotaged your fiancee's future with you, it would most likely get back to her. They'd still be there and have to deal with the repercussions of your fiancee's wrath, while you'd be long gone. So there's no payoff for them to spill the beans, To a person, mum's the word.

I know of a case where a woman stabbed her husband to death after catching him cheating on her with another woman. Long story short, she cut a deal with the police, was out of jail the next day, quickly went down to Pattaya, met a farang, got engaged, and brought him back to the village for the obligatory meet and greet. No one breathed a word about her background. She now lives somewhere in Europe. I'm sure her husband to this day doesn't have a clue about this skeleton in her closet. This isn't some folklore; I know for a fact that this is a true story.

Long story for little value.

And again I ask,

If any part is in her name, she can borrow against it, ZERO protection.

[/q

Oh dear off topic again; I want to write my book!

My wife would never borrow money on the house, she does not need to!

Why?

Because we know each other too well and she knows she can have everything and I would not care a shit!

My own finances she cannot touch, they are protected by my lawyer in England. End of detour from Scotroll's story!

I've known many who have got onto the roller coaster ride (having relationships with bar girls) and there aren't many that get off without a scratch. Enjoy the ride, it will be bumpy!

Fun at the time?

Oh yes but there's no safety mechanism!! You could easily fall out!!

• Like 1

I've known many who have got onto the roller coaster ride (having relationships with bar girls) and there aren't many that get off without a scratch. Enjoy the ride, it will be bumpy!

Fun at the time?

Oh yes but there's no safety mechanism!! You could easily fall out!!
Been here too long. Great country, love my wife. Stupidity occurs everywhere, including myself. Try to avoid it but keeps biting my ass.

Been here too long. Great country, love my wife. Stupidity occurs everywhere, including myself. Try to avoid it but keeps biting my ass.

I think really to survive here, you need to put yourself first.

And the one you love as a disposable extra while you can afford her.

Self, self, self, essentially. learn to think like a woman.

• Like 1

Hi sorry I have to say this you , you need to wake up mate she is a player like all Thais she is a lie and if you want to stay with her like a thai would say up to you but you can be like her and play the game with her Thais are very good at game playing but it is your life so you need to make up your own mine like I say if it is to be it is up to me .

• Like 2