Offshore worker denied visa

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You went to the wrong place to get your visa. The Singapore embassy is well known for not always being friendly and is inconsistent in what they do.

You will have no problem getting a 30 day exempt entry that you can now extend for 30 days at immigration (new rules).

After you get married you can get a multiple entry non-o in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof needed.

Hi Joe:

Thanks for your ongoing input and knowledge. Just a question on your last point - this is a given?

I am also on 28/28 rotation so thought I would get a 12 month non imm O visa. I applied through the Hull Consulate who were brilliant. However the visa was denied by the Thai Embassy in London. No reason given other than they said to get Tourist Visa. Every box was ticked, the team in Hull checked everything and sent to London. They were quite apologetic when they informed me.

I have just finished a contract in Thailand. WP cancelled. I used a new 2nd passport. I had prevoiusly entered Thailand on visa exempts.

"You went to the wrong place to get your visa. The Singapore embassy is well known for not always being friendly and is inconsistent in what they do."

Good to know that it was the OP fault that he didn't know that Thai embassies don't all read from the same book. Tourists are supposed to be psychic now, or spend time on line trying to discover who the "nasty" embassies are??

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about singapore. Not so sure why these offshore workers with so much money and educational credentials do not go to the embassy/consulates most likely to issue a suitable visa and be done with it (penang, KL, PP, etc) It is an extra airplane ticket, but it would be done without a lot of the drama.

Hawaii and you can afford it

But where is the fun? What will you have to show for it when the money is all spent?

I work offshore. And I had been living in Thailand for 9 years. I was refused entry 2 Months ago, so I got a flight to the Philippines. I love it there, and I WILL NOT be returning to Thailand. The Filipino lasses can have some of my money instead. And they can all speak good English. No such issues with Visas, and Beaches there would knock spots on anything Thailand has to offer. So its a no brainer and win win, me,.. And, lose lose for Thailand...... Simple eh ?

Where in Philippines are you based out of?

Laza Tron,

Try Malaysia. Beautiful place and the best Chinese food in the world. The beaches north of Kuanton on the East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia are beautiful. When I was working temporarily there there was a three month visa given at the airport coming in.

Laza Tron,

Try Malaysia. Beautiful place and the best Chinese food in the world. The beaches north of Kuanton on the East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia are beautiful. When I was working temporarily there there was a three month visa given at the airport coming in.

Avoid Malaysia.

I have been working here for 2 years and it is a seriously screwed up place.

• Like 1

I was denied a tourist visa in Singapore. They said too many visa runs. I have been out of Thailand for close to 3 months. I am on my way to Thailand to get married to my Thai fiance. I earn close to 500,000 baht per month as engineer working offshore.

I had 10 out in visa runs from last year mostly. I've bean to 10 other countries since my visa runs, including usa, an UK.

I'm flying in today, hopefully, on a visa waiver with exit flight. If Thailand no longer wants money from tourists like me, I can afford to holiday in any country in the world. Any recommendations for similar lifestyle, beach type places?

Update. Got in no problem.

I made a mistake, above, I have entered Thailand 10 times, but 4 times were visa runs, out/in same day.

• Like 2

I was denied a tourist visa in Singapore. They said too many visa runs. I have been out of Thailand for close to 3 months. I am on my way to Thailand to get married to my Thai fiance. I earn close to 500,000 baht per month as engineer working offshore.

I had 10 out in visa runs from last year mostly. I've bean to 10 other countries since my visa runs, including usa, an UK.

I'm flying in today, hopefully, on a visa waiver with exit flight. If Thailand no longer wants money from tourists like me, I can afford to holiday in any country in the world. Any recommendations for similar lifestyle, beach type places?

Update. Got in no problem.

I made a mistake, above, I have entered Thailand 10 times, but 4 times were visa runs, out/in same day.

I was very confident you would not have a problem entering the country. They don't count old entries they just check to see if you had just left and were doing it to get another entry.

Having several visa exempt entries is not a valid reason for them to refuse an application for a tourist visa. Even back to back entries are not a valid reason.

• Like 1