thailand pang!

silomplaya

I spend about the same in Farangland as in Thailand, but with that same amount of money I enjoy a much higher quality of living in Thailand.

I spend about the same on rent, but the difference is that in Thailand I get a nicely decorated new condo (1br - 50m2) with a city view, facilities (pool, gym, sauna), and in a central location. Now in Farangland with that same amount of money I'll be forced to live in a smaller (less than 40m2) studio or 1 bedroom apartment slightly outside city (farang suburbs, the most boring place to live in the world?) with no facilities whatsoever (don't be silly).

As for food. In Thailand I eat "out" three times per day, sometimes streetfood for 40 baht, sometimes western food for 200-300 baht or more. In Farangland I cook perhaps 95% of my meals at home and the groceries usually wouldn't cost me more than 100-200 baht per dish. So I spend about the same. BUT if I would eat out three times per day in Farangland, that would cost me perhaps 2000baht per day.

Nightlife. I don't really go out much in Farangland, but if I would go out and with the same style as in Thailand (taxis everywhere, changing clubs, ordering bottles etc), wow, that would cost me a fortune (plus I probably wouldn't get laid either). In Thailand I go out 1-2 times per week usually at 1000-3000 baht per night and have a lot of fun.

To summarise. Thailand, and Bangkok, is still a bargain compared to most western cities. However, if you can't see it then I don't really mind. The less foreigners that are here to push up prices, the better for me.

A good website for comparing prices between cities is http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/comparison.jsp

Please add your opinion on prices as this website lives on users feeding the data.

When I compare prices of my hometown (Helsinki) to Bangkok you can quickly see that Bangkok is about 50% cheaper in total. See link below

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Finland&country2=Thailand&city1=Helsinki&city2=Bangkok

You would need around 88,700.89฿ (2,106.66€) in Bangkok to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with 3,900.00€ in Helsinki(assuming you rent in both cities). This calculation uses our Consumer Prices Including Rent Index.
Edited by bkksteve123

Back on topic; bought some shorts recently , heavily discounted and could not find any faults. Vendor said that if there was any problem, just come back within three days.

Checked at home, they were fine but the button hole was too small. No problem, sent to my neighbour to fix, along with my son's shorts which needed stitching; cost 30 Baht!

Try that in UK/ USA!.

• Like 1

Obviously the timeshare gig is not paying out, no freebie women and the 3000 baht a month condo is actually just a shack

On the ball as usual Mr T, not much gets away from your beady eyes.

Isnt this the same guy who claimed to be walking out of Slim (RCA) with 20 phone numbers from the Bkk "hotties".

If he is short of a satang or two, I can send him in the direction of a 1,000 baht a month room beside HappyLand market.

If the above is too HiSo he can head out to the rough as a badgers backside areas of 'Chedi or PraPraDaeng.

• Like 1

Obviously the timeshare gig is not paying out, no freebie women and the 3000 baht a month condo is actually just a shack

Isnt this the same guy who claimed to be walking out of Slim (RCA) with 20 phone numbers from the Bkk "hotties".

If he is short of a satang or two, I can send him in the direction of a 1,000 baht a month room beside HappyLand market.

If the above is too HiSo he can head out to the rough as a badgers backside areas of 'Chedi or PraPraDaeng.

Good spot, forgot about his "exploits" at RCA.

Good spot, forgot about his "exploits" at RCA.

Least we forget the OP's shock at his refusal @ his Shopping Mall ...

Was in a mall in bkk and it seems like the girls in the mall selling shoes , make up, and handbags etc etc are on another level and dont go with farang .

its almost like there is only a certain percentage of thai ladys that are confident with english and not scared to be judged by goin wih a farang.

to-farang-or-not-to-farang-that-is-the-question

As the OP does not offer any insight as to what exactly makes "Thailand pang!" other than:

thailand is getting too expensive and now a rip off

And:

still pang

Simply trolling and in violation of this forum rule:

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

//Closed//

• Like 1