Are there any problems with obtaining a NON-B in Laos?

One company which offered me a job in Thailand, said that I should send them money for tuition, payment of the consular fee for open work permit, airport transfer and payment of the first month of housing, only 323 USD. After that, allegedly, they will send me all the necessary documents for submission to the Consulate for an open work visa. And it will take time for 3 weeks. With my nationality I can stay in Thailand without a visa for 30 days. Because I don't really trust the fact that I need to send money to an unknown company, I wrote them ok, no problem, I already have a ticket to Thailand on 22 September, and then I have 30 days visa-exemption, in these period they have time to prepare all documents for NON-B, that I pay them all necessary charges in place and I will go for a NON-B visa in Laos, that last year I did exactly like that. They answered that this year, I have to get a work visa in my native country before arrival, because in Thai Embassy in Laos now problems with obtaining NON-B. I never heard about it!

Has anyone currently faced with some problems with getting NON-B visa in Laos, if you had all the necessary documents from the company? I know that my friends without problems received in Laos and Cambodia NON-B this summer. I suspect that this company lying to me in order to pull money from me! Help to dispel doubts please!

Sounds like a scam to me. What is an "open work visa"?,

Do the same as you did last time, should not be a problem.

You have enough time to do these things once you are in country.

Gives you time to check them out your self.

Than run over to Laos or where ever and get a Non-B with the proper paper work.

Check the Thai Visa.com website all the documents you need and what is required for the visa are available to you on line.

Don't send them any money!