UK VIsit VIsa delay, not processed yet. Upgrade to Fast-track possible?

Hi all,

The GF and I got an unwelcome email today, stating that her visit visa will take 10 extra working days to process. I was wondering if we can upgrade to the fast-track process at this stage? And if so, how much would it cost?

She is Thai, has a very good background, and is understandeably very upset and mystified as to why the UK offers such a poor quality service.

G.

Application to Fast Track must be made at the initial application, so no I'm afraid you cannot do it later.

Applications for Fast Track cost £100 and, in the case of General or Family Visit Visas, can only be made where the applicant who has travelled in the previous 5 years to the UK, the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or to a country in the Schengen Area.

I suppose she could withdraw her application and apply again, but she would have to wait for her passport to be returned, which would probably take a week, reapply and pay a new application and fast track fee.

Hi all,

Just to keep you updated, yesterday (8th Sep) we received another email saying that they have made a decision and that the documents will be available for collection after 2 working days.

Actually, this pretty much adheres to the original timescale anyway. It seems they really do mean anytime 'within the next ten working days'. Although we dont yet know the decision...

Thanks,

G