Why Thai put up their windshield wiper when their car is parked ?

Digitalnomade

If you don't, you'll be replacing the wipers every few weeks.

mine are the originals from 3 years ago never lifted them off the screen once and its out in boiling sun daily

Do they actually still work or do they leave streaks when you use them?

Even well kept most wiper blades only last about a year.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the wiper blade manufacturers have figured out a long long time ago, the blades are exposed to the sun.

No need to raise them like the Thais do.

My wife insists on unplugging my fan all the time when not in use, to save electric.

I tell her I can run a wire from earth to the goddamn moon and if I don't switch on the fan, no electric flows.

She still unplugs everything.

I think the wiper blade manufacturers have figured out a long long time ago, the blades are exposed to the sun.

My wife insists on unplugging my fan all the time when not in use, to save electric.

I tell her I can run a wire from earth to the goddamn moon and if I don't switch on the fan, no electric flows.

its not to save energy. thais grew up with shoddy electrical systems and appliances with 200 volt and no ground. its for safety. my wife melted three fingers together on a faulty fan

If you don't, you'll be replacing the wipers every few weeks.

mine are the originals from 3 years ago never lifted them off the screen once and its out in boiling sun daily

Do they actually still work or do they leave streaks when you use them?

Even well kept most wiper blades only last about a year.

Oh.....I never drive it obviously, way too dangerous here!!!!w00t.gif

Are you a friend of the guy who does not know why Thai keep the wheels straight when parking ?

It's a team ?

:-)

I think he is also a friend of the guy who wants to know why Thais park in the middle of the road ( with the wheels straight) and block traffic when a safe off the road parking spot is only 10 meters away.!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/751249-phone-charger-need-to-unplug/

Not only your wife but many on Thai Visa too.

I agree you need to unplug everything before you go to sleep at night or leave your house. The electric system here is not the same as in the west , we all know that . This is not about saving electricity but to save your life.

Edited by balo