Prescription; Government Hospital vs. Private Hospital cost

DoDoey

Update: I went to South East Pharmacy on Suk Rd. today. No lorazapam. Checked a few others to be sure, confirmed.

OK, you can get it in Hua Hin at several pharmacies, including the G supermarket pharmacy on the part of Soi 88 that connects to soi 94. I got some there last week for my wife.

HHFarang, you were flat out wrong about South East Pharmacy on Suk 15, and I will not be travelling to Hua Hin to check your follow up information.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how anyone but you can answer that without further information.

How about somebody that has gotten prescriptions from a government hospital and a private hospital, duh.

BeStatin 20 mg from Bangkok Pattaya Hospital - 900 baht compared to 90 baht from the government hospital in Sri Racha. A larger number of pills was obtained from Bangkok Pattaya Hospital but even after allowing for that they were still at least 5 - 6 more times expensive than the hospital in Sri Racha. In fact, I doubt you could buy them from a pharmacy for that price.

Alan

A follow up from my earlier post. I was in a local pharmacy a few days ago and they told me that a pack of 10 Bestatin 20 mg pills cost 80 baht. This would make the cost of 50 pills from them 400 baht compared to 90 baht from the hospital in Sri Racha.

Alan

Not sure how anyone but you can answer that without further information.

How about somebody that has gotten prescriptions from a government hospital and a private hospital, duh.

BeStatin 20 mg from Bangkok Pattaya Hospital - 900 baht compared to 90 baht from the government hospital in Sri Racha. A larger number of pills was obtained from Bangkok Pattaya Hospital but even after allowing for that they were still at least 5 - 6 more times expensive than the hospital in Sri Racha. In fact, I doubt you could buy them from a pharmacy for that price.

Alan

A follow up from my earlier post. I was in a local pharmacy a few days ago and they told me that a pack of 10 Bestatin 20 mg pills cost 80 baht. This would make the cost of 50 pills from them 400 baht compared to 90 baht from the hospital in Sri Racha.

Alan

They were probably brand name ones at the pharmacy and the hospital carries generic. No other possible reason.

Alan

They were probably brand name ones at the pharmacy and the hospital carries generic. No other possible reason.

I'm not sure about that. The ones from the hospital in Sri Racha appear to be the same as those issued by the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital previously.

Alan