Red shirts in Japan ‘plot’ against coup

Lite Beer

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess these bunch of losers didn't get the memo from their boss from Dubai! Stop making trouble or they'll freeze my money! clap2.gif

I guess that "bunch" of losers are exercising their democratic right to criticise what they regard as a self appointed "government" in a country where they are still able to demonstrate that right.

They can criticise all they want amongst themselves nobody else wants to hear it and Thailand is better off for it too

The only people disgruntled at the moment are those that that were living outside the law and it's being corrected slowly but surely, the red mafias grip on Thailand is no more and good ridence

"no-one wants to hear it" I think that the government of my home country shares a similar point of view, given that they have blocked the junta leaders from visiting.

Looking closer to home, if so many people love the coup, then why doesn't Prayuth stand for election and get international legitimacy for his leadership?

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

He did stand for election, he won.

He was the only candidate and was unanimously voted in. Not too many PM's in other countries can say that.

Strangely the international community think it's a little suspect.

• Like 1

you very obviously have little understanding of what is going on here right now, I would put money on it that when the time comes (if he is interested) the General could well win any future election by a landslide majority - he certainly gets a huge thumbs up from me so far - yes he will piss a few people off that have been milking the system but they know who they are and have little to complain about, it's time Thailand evolved from the stagnant status of 3rd world and it looks like he is da man

I guess you will have a picture of GP in a prime position in your living room? Edited by Thailand

Thats the problem with politica here, when you dont get your own way, kick up a fuss, start rallying and it escalates from there. IMHO the coup happened because no one was willing to compromise for the sake of the country. The Junta have been in power for about 4 months, they say there will be elections in just over a years time, thats not long in politics, the Reds should give them that time, that another problem here, cant wait must have it now and now is never soon enough, part of the culture, its the way Thais live and buy / get into debt etc. This circle needs to be broken or history will go on repeating itself and Thailand never remembers ( they dont teach history).

I hope that it is false alarm and the Junta can fulfill what they said they would do, change the political landscape, rules/constitution etc and in a years time we will maybe, just maybe, see a new Thailand emerging, I am optimistic, although there are plenty here who are not.

Please explain why you think the army has some kind of moral right to be able to suspend democracy for any period of time at all.

As I have said before the only people who defend them are criminals, redshirts, paid posters or trolls.

555 any supporter of the Shins is by definition a red shirt. So I don't know what you seek to achieve with this circular definition.

For a while this forum was nice but now the red propaganda machine is turning it sour again

Ah yes, because one must be a Red to oppose fascism.

More toothless name-calling from the apologists.

Red are Fascist because they want to seize power :

by force and threatening.

by killing children and innocents people,

by burning city and destroy private property..

by using blindness of poor people................

by using human shield......

by using pseudo black magic.........

Reds are the devil, and Thailand need to clean it these rubbishes....

Pro-red parties have only ever seized power by elections. In the past 2 decades, every time a pro-yellow party has seized power, it has been by unelected means. And I think that a military coup is a textbook example of "seizing power by force".

• Like 2

Thats the problem with politica here, when you dont get your own way, kick up a fuss, start rallying and it escalates from there. IMHO the coup happened because no one was willing to compromise for the sake of the country. The Junta have been in power for about 4 months, they say there will be elections in just over a years time, thats not long in politics, the Reds should give them that time, that another problem here, cant wait must have it now and now is never soon enough, part of the culture, its the way Thais live and buy / get into debt etc. This circle needs to be broken or history will go on repeating itself and Thailand never remembers ( they dont teach history).

I hope that it is false alarm and the Junta can fulfill what they said they would do, change the political landscape, rules/constitution etc and in a years time we will maybe, just maybe, see a new Thailand emerging, I am optimistic, although there are plenty here who are not.

Unfortunately the people of EVERY country are like this. They all want it now. Look at how votes are BOUGHT in the West - TAX DEDUCTIONS money for cvhildren etc.

Thailand is no different except corruption is more rampant and open

I guess these bunch of losers didn't get the memo from their boss from Dubai! Stop making trouble or they'll freeze my money! clap2.gif

I guess that "bunch" of losers are exercising their democratic right to criticise what they regard as a self appointed "government" in a country where they are still able to demonstrate that right.

They can criticise all they want amongst themselves nobody else wants to hear it and Thailand is better off for it too

The only people disgruntled at the moment are those that that were living outside the law and it's being corrected slowly but surely, the red mafias grip on Thailand is no more and good ridence

"no-one wants to hear it" I think that the government of my home country shares a similar point of view, given that they have blocked the junta leaders from visiting.

Looking closer to home, if so many people love the coup, then why doesn't Prayuth stand for election and get international legitimacy for his leadership?

you very obviously have little understanding of what is going on here right now, I would put money on it that when the time comes (if he is interested) the General could well win any future election by a landslide majority - he certainly gets a huge thumbs up from me so far - yes he will piss a few people off that have been milking the system but they know who they are and have little to complain about, it's time Thailand evolved from the stagnant status of 3rd world and it looks like he is da man

After the 2006 coup the Reds won the next election. I'll wager that they'll do it by an even larger majority this time, since this coup has been more repressive.

For a while this forum was nice but now the red propaganda machine is turning it sour again

Ah yes, because one must be a Red to oppose fascism.

More toothless name-calling from the apologists.

Red are Fascist because they want to seize power :

by force and threatening.

by killing children and innocents people,

by burning city and destroy private property..

by using blindness of poor people................

by using human shield......

by using pseudo black magic.........

Reds are the devil, and Thailand need to clean it these rubbishes....

Pro-red parties have only ever seized power by elections. In the past 2 decades, every time a pro-yellow party has seized power, it has been by unelected means. And I think that a military coup is a textbook example of "seizing power by force".

I think we all has to remember. With all this crackdowns on Thais , it is possibly you make a lot enemy in the shadows.

For now the military is doing a good work, but not for the hard working thai, there is trying to make a living on the streets with food, tourists and so on.

If the Junta is doing so bad as some posters here think and democracy is taken away, why are prople getting on with their lives with less problems and ore GOVERNMENT work being done? it si NOT just about foreign investment. it is not just about rice money to farmers.

i live in Chiang Mai and see works going on that have never happened. i travel and see dredging of rivers to stop or at least ease flooding. I see people happy. People working and no longer afraid of Police because they say they can go to the Army.

OK nothing is perfect and The Junta will make mistakes as they go but overall it must be ok.

After all you are still here and it is only a bus ride to Laos or Cambodia!

With any luck the anti-junta crowd will pack up and get the hell out of here. That is if it is so bad living under this terrible military dictatorship. whistling.gif

• Like 1

"The letter is said to have explained their opposition to the coup and detailed alleged torture and physical assaults against people who had been detained by the military junta,"

Maybe the junta should invite the Japanese and UN to investigate their allegations.

If the Junta is doing so bad as some posters here think and democracy is taken away, why are prople getting on with their lives with less problems and ore GOVERNMENT work being done? it si NOT just about foreign investment. it is not just about rice money to farmers.

i live in Chiang Mai and see works going on that have never happened. i travel and see dredging of rivers to stop or at least ease flooding. I see people happy. People working and no longer afraid of Police because they say they can go to the Army.

OK nothing is perfect and The Junta will make mistakes as they go but overall it must be ok.

After all you are still here and it is only a bus ride to Laos or Cambodia!

Marcus, I live in Chiang Mai and have done for some time and the dredging and flood control has been going on for the last few years.

I think the "beer girls" and a few others may have differing opinions in respect of happyness.

What has happened is that the " new airport" has been put on the back burner and the proposed

new rail lines bypass Chiang Mai?

• Like 2

fab4.... hold it right there... people of Thailand do not have any democratic rights at this period of time... they sold those rights for 500 bahts along with their votes for the Shinewatras... By voting in the most corrupt government hopefully Thailand will ever have. The military took over bloodlessly to end the crisis brought on by that same corrupt government which almost ripped this country apart. And thank God this military took over to stop what would have been civil war and many deaths... or should I say many more deaths as the Red Shirts had already started notching up their score.. Viva el General... and a pox on Red Shirt appologists... Shame on you...! wai2.gif

You hold it right there. What people "sold" their votes for was for some of their tax money to actually get spent on the provinces, instead of just vanishing down to Bangkok.

You speak of the threat of civil war, but how what made people think of launching one in the first place? People threatening to overthrow the democratically elected government and replace it with a dictatorship, that is what.

Personally have little or no interest who is running this country, even after five years in Thailand I am still more interested in the politics of UK and Australasia than I ever will be in some impossible system I don't understand or care about. Basically as long as my life with my wife is not disrupted during the time I am here then the little green men from Mars can run Thailand for all I care.

However it is interesting how Thailand has totally disappeared from the news reporting of the online services of the English speaking world (which is all I understand), I get the impression that they have decided that Thailand is not worth the effort, which might explain why tourist numbers are down etc. particularly as Indonesia seems to have been able to conduct an election involving full adult suffrage without the country being consumed with civil war, of course that is a country moving in the opposite direction of history.

It all reminds me of the life and times (and death) of William Russell, Lord Russell (1639 - 1683) which gives Thailand another 300 years to sort out the current impasse.

I am sure the rules of engagement are such that if any particular crowd are plotting an overthrow or to cause mayhem from Japanese soil, there are laws in place that these people can do time for a long time , if the Thai government has solid proof that anarchists are plotting against Thailand they must bring this up with their Japanese counterparts, not run to the Thai press.coffee1.gif

Depends on how much sympathy the Japanese government has for an unelected military regime. People "plotted" against the Burmese junta for decades from all over the world without the generals getting much help.

As I have said before the only people who defend them are criminals, redshirts, paid posters or trolls.

555 any supporter of the Shins is by definition a red shirt. So I don't know what you seek to achieve with this circular definition.

Because BEFORE the army made the move, this minority on TVF was bashing Suthep-Abhisit-and the majority of TVF posters for highlighting the mega wrongs of the Shins /PTP/red shirted brigade.

NOW it's the army's turn --these apologists are now using this with both barrels loaded, because they were not elected, and the Shins have come unstuck with their master plan--the amnesty bill--FAILED and rightly so.

Thaksin, because he thought he was all powerful could race through anything through parliament. He failed.

writing a letter is now 'plotting against the coup'.

"opposition" to the junta has been the excuse for keeping martial law.

the junta is paranoid.

"Gen Udomdej warned the NCPO's opponents intend to spread false rumours about the situation in Thailand, instructing security officials and the Foreign Ministry to correct this misinformation with the international community."

ah, the ministry of truth needs to kick into high-gear.

"He called on parties concerned to undertake public relations activities to firmly convey the fact that the NCPO has never used force or torture against people detained under martial law."

clearly the junta is going to continue with their blanket denials. This needs to be addressed outside of the influence of the junta.

"Meanwhile, NCPO deputy chief and navy commander Adm Narong Pipathanasai, who also serves as education minister,"

alright kiddies, this is the man re-writing the text books for you.

They should be paranoid.

They, like all dictatorial regimes, are outnumbered 100/1.

Fear the day people realize that and stand up for themselves.

Sadly, the only people sense to see the junta for what it is have left the country.

Yes - a good example being the Shin wannabee dictatorial regime. Outnumbered considerably when all the people stood up and said no to white washing a criminal intent on returning absolved of all crimes.

• Like 1

fab4.... hold it right there... people of Thailand do not have any democratic rights at this period of time... they sold those rights for 500 bahts along with their votes for the Shinewatras... By voting in the most corrupt government hopefully Thailand will ever have. The military took over bloodlessly to end the crisis brought on by that same corrupt government which almost ripped this country apart. And thank God this military took over to stop what would have been civil war and many deaths... or should I say many more deaths as the Red Shirts had already started notching up their score.. Viva el General... and a pox on Red Shirt appologists... Shame on you...! wai2.gif

You hold it right there. What people "sold" their votes for was for some of their tax money to actually get spent on the provinces, instead of just vanishing down to Bangkok.

You speak of the threat of civil war, but how what made people think of launching one in the first place? People threatening to overthrow the democratically elected government and replace it with a dictatorship, that is what.

Shins running a government elected to do so, then doing the complete opposite to what they were sworn in to do-----Amnesty Bill-----THAT IS WHAT.

The only side that was looking dangerous and threatening were the paid red army, and the Yingluck government did nothing to control them.