Pics: Cherng- Telay Taxi Stands Operating on Public Property

EBlair48

This one is on route 4018 across from Laguna Outrigger, love the satellite dish. Practically a duplex replete with sofas-it has operated for years now. The illegally registered cars park a bit up the road behind the traffic camera.

Click on pic to view larger size

post-179390-0-67806800-1409979404_thumb. post-179390-0-30863100-1409979520_thumb.

What are all the mortocycles doing there and where is everyone? In the screened off bamboo lounge. What are they doing? It ain't a circle jerk...

This white van makes a habit of parking like this on a blind corner. Who cares about common courtesy and safety, when this driver needs to save a few steps hauling himself away from the TV into his van for his once a day trip. (Note the illegible front tag.)

post-179390-0-79491300-1409979510_thumb.

This is across from Banyan Tree and is on public land, or was public a few years back when I inquired about leasing it. I guess public means anyone can use it, (except for beaches?) The cars servicing this stand make a habit of parking partially in the road.

post-179390-0-65032900-1409979541_thumb.

I'll throw in this one of Nikki Beach Club, does that look like a zone 1 building? It is located at entrance to Sirinart Marine Park.

post-179390-0-97165900-1409979526_thumb.

Edited by EBlair48

The side of route 4018 is not private land. It is public and the vehicles often park on the street.

I asked Laguna about leasing the area across from Banyan Tree and was told it was not available as it was public land.

Of course Laguna is now building condos on another part I was also told was public, in front of the lagoon- but maybe that's why they changed managing directors last year.

The side of route 4018 is not private land. It is public and the vehicles often park on the street.

I asked Laguna about leasing the area across from Banyan Tree and was told it was not available as it was public land.

Of course Laguna is now building condos on another part I was also told was public, in front of the lagoon- but maybe that's why they changed managing directors last year.

So both could easily be private land.

The side of route 4018 is not owned privately. The side of any publicly maintained road cannot be privatized and should not house vendors or other businesses, or at least that is the rationale used to stop small vendors just east of Heroine Circle.

The land across from Banyan is " public" or so I was told by both Laguna and the Or Bot Tor about 4 years ago. Public as in these taxi people guess feel as if it theirs to use? Sort alike the beach restaurants did.

As it is adjacent to a lagoon and a water way, it should be considered Royal Crown Property land as are the beaches.

A good debate would be is RCP private or public? Would need to be done outside a Thai based forum, no doubt.

Seems to be some inconsistency in application of the rules in Cherng-Telay.

So far your explanation has been 'it is public because I say so', and once 'it is public because somebody told me, and he started building there himself later'.

Maybe it is, I don't know, bu again, looking at the photo's it all seems private land.

^ Well if the Or Bor Tor and the huge conglomerate are just somebodies...

Laguna has begun building on a different piece of land, that yes i was also told was not available for private usage, I suspect er, interesting reasons why it is now building - lots and lots of reasons.

However re taxi stands you certainly could be right, and myself in error, so please prove it is private land then because your stating an opinion is no more valid than mine.

I would not post something knowingly false.

Edited by EBlair48

^ Well if the Or Bor Tor and the huge conglomerate are just somebodies...

Laguna has begun building on a different piece of land, that yes i was also told was not available for private usage, I suspect er, interesting reasons why it is now building - lots and lots of reasons.

However re taxi stands you certainly could be right, and myself in error, so please prove it is private land then because your stating an opinion is no more valid than mine.

I would not post something knowingly false.

I am not saying you're posting something knowingly false, but that you're posting something that could be false and you don't know for sure to be true.

I am claiming nor proving the land is private, I am saying it looks private. It could be public as well. But I am also not starting a thread and/or claiming it is all on public land when that could simply be not true.

Edited by stevenl

^ Which is what it is called when local govt. collect money for use of public properties.

Steven L Please note the structure is between the electrical pole and the road. That is not private property.

post-179390-0-77205000-1409985202_thumb.

Edited by EBlair48

Report it then What's your point? You've gone to the trouble of posting these photos here, why not simply report them to the hotline? What do you expect members here to do except, note that you don't appear to have a life?

I think the OP is simply pointing out what many of us suspected, and that is, when the Thai Army leaves (and they haven't even left yet) Phuket will go back to it usual BS and corruption based business model.

• Like 1

Yes, but, you could be posting something that is unknowingly false.

We know there are known knowns: there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns: that is to say we know there are things we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns — the ones we don't know we don't know. As long as Somchai isn't parking over my spud patch I don't care, which presently is uknown. neus.gif

Plenty of options for reporting:

NCPO (National Council for Peace and Order)

web site: http://www.1111.go.th/

email: [email protected]

Face book: https://www.facebook....anticorruption

Hotline 1111: Available 24 hours with 100 call receivers

Major General Praveen Pongsirin 081 8936083. (reporting of beach encroachers)

Mail, with no postage stamp needed: 1111 Government House, Bangkok, 10302

1111 Service Centre at Gate 4, Government House

http://thainews.prd.go.th/centerweb/newsen/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNPOL5706260010007

^ Yeah I sent off a complaint about the immigration weenies, about a fake doctor, too no answer no response not even an automatic " we have received your query and are taking it out with the trash.."

Went by today and took a peek inside the Bamboo Lounge, need a long lens to get a close up of the cards on the table.

We know there are known knowns: there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns: that is to say we know there are things we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns the ones we don't know we don't know. As long as Somchai isn't parking over my spud patch I don't care, which presently is uknown. neus.gif

Regarding the recent developments, crackdowns of some and not others, some taxi stand OK others not... I wish I could say what I know, but to the skeptical reader, please look at some alternative sites not under control of MICT.

Edited by LivinginKata
off topic comment removed

It looks like a very clean and orderly taxi stand to me. They shouldn't park their mini-buses so close to the corner like that but it's no big deal. Better than looking at a load of taxi drivers sitting around drinking, smoking and playing chess.

We know there are known knowns: there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns: that is to say we know there are things we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns the ones we don't know we don't know. As long as Somchai isn't parking over my spud patch I don't care, which presently is uknown. neus.gif

Err, uhm. Close, but not yours.

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."

Donald Rumsfeld

Err, uhm. Close, but not yours.

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."

Donald Rumsfeld

...yawn...coffee1.gif

Oh enough with the nitpicking already saai.gif Different location, but just yesterday tripped the length of Rawai seafront and was pleasantly surprised at being able to walk along the actual beach without the usual dressage. (Tha's posh horses picking up their hooves in a pretty but unnatural fashion, for those who don't know) over guy ropes. Was also pleasantly surprised to see at least a couple of 'on the beach Thai eateries' having been spared Operation Scorched Earth (WHEN will they apply regulation - Buddhism's Middle Way), plus a couple of boat oppos whispering 'yoo wanna boat? like 'weed'laugh.png as I, a lone farang passed by. BUT, had noted an apparently 'illegal' (no wait laugh.png ) spiffy taxi purpose built sala with a couple of guys trying their luck sans the usual 'Yoo wan' taxi?' And of course it was 'public land'.

All this is nonsense anyway. We must reserve our 'judgment' until High Season coffee1.gif What there will be of it.

^ So some illegal Taxis OK, others not. Some dangerously parked taxi vehicles OK, others not. Some gambling OK ( and they are gambling in their private little Bamboo Lounge, ) others not.

Consistency, thou are a jewel...

Well it all comes down to choices if you are happy to pay maybe three times the price for a fully legal taxi, fine. However most people would prefer to put up with their un-gilded palace of sin in exchange for cheaper taxi fares.

Oh enough with the nitpicking already saai.gif Different location, but just yesterday tripped the length of Rawai seafront and was pleasantly surprised at being able to walk along the actual beach without the usual dressage. (Tha's posh horses picking up their hooves in a pretty but unnatural fashion, for those who don't know) over guy ropes. Was also pleasantly surprised to see at least a couple of 'on the beach Thai eateries' having been spared Operation Scorched Earth (WHEN will they apply regulation - Buddhism's Middle Way), plus a couple of boat oppos whispering 'yoo wanna boat? like 'weed'laugh.png as I, a lone farang passed by. BUT, had noted an apparently 'illegal' (no wait laugh.png ) spiffy taxi purpose built sala with a couple of guys trying their luck sans the usual 'Yoo wan' taxi?' And of course it was 'public land'.

All this is nonsense anyway. We must reserve our 'judgment' until High Season coffee1.gif What there will be of it.

If you react to my post, please quote. But if you quote it and don't react, please don't quote.