Is 1 million $ enough for retirement in thailand?

Digitalnomade

Would depend on your age and what sort of lifestyle you want to lead - rough rule of thumb would be 3 to 4 per cent a year if invested sensibly so certainly possible but very much dependant on personal circumstances.

OP, I don't think you are reading the TV posts properly.

People here, spend 1000Baht a day for lunch only.

If you calculate breakfast and dinner, plus the weekly shopping for 10000Baht, forgetting the other expenses, 1 million $ will not last you for a long time.

So back to the drawing board.........you need more money.

• Like 2

1 million liquid or 1 million in equity?

If you invest the 1 million at even 3% interest, then you could live on around 100,000 baht a month without touching the principle. That would be middle to upper middle class life for single person.

Everything depends on what lifestyle you will live. Do you want to travel internationally once a year, once a month. Do you want to live in a 12 Bedroom house with a yard, lamborghini, driver, maids, gardener, etc. Or will you live in a modest Condo. Do you want to be mobile or burdened with possessions.

Overall if you want a relatively simple life with most of the things you are used to, you could live on 100,000 baht a month comfortably. If you get roped into finding romance online, then be prepared to have 1 million more after you are bled dry.

• Like 1

If you invest the 1 million at even 3% interest, then you could live on around 100,000 baht a month without touching the principle. That would be middle to upper middle class life for single person.

Everything depends on what lifestyle you will live. Do you want to travel internationally once a year, once a month. Do you want to live in a 12 Bedroom house with a yard, lamborghini, driver, maids, gardener, etc. Or will you live in a modest Condo. Do you want to be mobile or burdened with possessions.

Overall if you want a relatively simple life with most of the things you are used to, you could live on 100,000 baht a month comfortably. If you get roped into finding romance online, then be prepared to have 1 million more after you are bled dry.

I'll take the 12 bedroom house and Lambo option please.

Depends on you and what kind of lifestyle you want..

For sure your nest egg would go a lot further here in Thailand than back home in the States....

Lots of area of a Thailand a lot cheaper than others, either for rent or to buy...

Eating out can vary anything from 60 baht to 1,000 baht, like I said, all depends what you want.

For me, it works... And I feel I have a lot better quality of life here,....

Hope,that helps...

So 1,000,000 x 3% = $30,000 x 32 = 960,000/12 = 80,000 baht a month minus taxes if any. Just ok if everything stays the same. Exchange rate, cost of living and such.

That said i came with a lot less and still doing fine!

• Like 1

So 500'000 is ok.?

Now I have 350k invested in stocks, bonds,.

Can make 5 percent, 6 or sometimes less.

Can make average 12 to 20k dollars a year's in interests.

Make 50000 bahts a month? Correct.?

I m a single guy, living cheap, do u think I will be OK.? My lady is cheap.

I can still make some more money in the future.

My goal is 1 million then 3, 4...

Edited by Digitalnomade

So 500'000 is ok.?

My goal is 5 trillion then 6 and 7.

How cheap is your lady and does she like multiple partners ?

With such a small pathetic amount invested I can only assume you are still young, maybe stay at burger king for a few more years.

Edited by Spoonman

So 500'000 is ok.?

Interesting ... actually no, not interesting ... fascinating ... coffee1.gif

So 500'000 is ok.?

Umm , life isn't necessarily that simple. Have you allowed for paying of taxes. I live off rental incomes from properties in AU and super pension stream. That's after government takes their wacky.

You say your gf is modest....umm..Its a bit like having children...they don't cost much as kids....Speaking of which what if she becomes pregnant.

BTW one million $ isn't really a lot of money.

Ok I m not very far of 1 millions now . If the USA dollars continue to go down, I m just richer by doing nothing as I convert mentally my fortune to USA dollars. never put all your savings in one basket. So my worldwide fortune is not far of 1 million.

I just don't want invest more in stocks as I expect a big crash in September 2015. After my next goal will be 2 millions. Will reach that maybe in 7 years. But I will try in 4 years. it's harder and harder to make money these days due to thie 2008 crisis.

Edited by Digitalnomade

Ok I m not very far of 1 millions now . If the USA dollars continue to go down, I m just richer by doing nothing as I convert mentally my fortune to USA dollars. never put all your savings in one basket. So my worldwide fortune is not far of 1 million.

I just don't want invest more in stocks as I expect a big crash in September 2015. After my next goal will be 2 millions. Will reach that maybe in 7 years. But I will try in 4 years. it's harder and harder to make money these days due to thie 2008 crisis.

So you made this money by selling soiled ladies underwear on the internet and pimping "massage" girls on Craigslist?

According to one of your previous posts.

The only way your question can be properly answered is where do you see these markets heading in the future? What is your annual growth, actual and projected? ROI etc.

35 million baht. Good for 50 scamming gf's in Patts. One per year. OK if you are in your forties. I suspect by the substance of the OP this was the type of answer you were looking for? If your IQ is higher than a peanuts you would be able to do the math on interest of such a sum on deposit. 100k baht per month income is very comfortable for a single guy provided their is no thai lovely scamming gf milking your ATM