Enter Before Date on Multi Entry O Visa Question

I have a multi entry O visa that has a "Enter Before Date of 30 October 2014" I have just got back from Burma (Myanmar) and was given an until date of 30 November. My question is this - I am aming to leave Thailand on 20th October and returning on 29th October. Will I be given another 90 days on my passport when I enter on the 29th? Therefore giving me until 29th January before I have to leave Thailand and get new visa. Sorry if this question has been asked before - thank you

Instead of leaving Thailand on 29.01.15 to get another visa, why don't you trot along to your local immigration office instead and obtain a 1-year extension of stay? You can apply for this up to 30 days beforehand (i.e. from 31.12.14) or even 45 days (i.e. from 16.12.14) at some offices (in particular Bangkok-Chaengwattana & Pattaya-Jomtien).

• Like 1

OP seems to be seriously considering applying for an extension of stay -- over 50 retirement...

However, while it may be a moot point -- those of us here in Thailand on Non Imm Multi 'O' visas do not use Re-entry permits -- we are issued Departure Cards upon re-entry that we must hold and present when next exiting Thailand. While functionally similar - they are not the same.

OP seems to be seriously considering applying for an extension of stay -- over 50 retirement...

However, while it may be a moot point -- those of us here in Thailand on Non Imm Multi 'O' visas do not use Re-entry permits -- we are issued Departure Cards upon re-entry that we must hold and present when next exiting Thailand. While functionally similar - they are not the same.

Actually I, too, have a departure card stapled in my passport by the Immigration Officer at BKK whenever I return to LOS from my travels abroad..

AND I have a re-entry permit stamped in my passport to keep my existing permission to stay alive while I am out of the country!

"those of us here in Thailand on Non Imm Multi 'O' visas do not use Re-entry permits"

Only as long as the visa has not expired. Your permission to stay may allow you to be in the country beyond the expiration of the visa. Even if your permission to stay was still valid, you could not re-enter the country using the expired visa and, if you obtained an extension of stay while in Thailand, you would need a re-entry permit even if the visa was still valid or upon re-entry using the visa, the extension would go up in smoke.