Any one sign up for 3BB in Pattaya lately ?

oMega69

Yes, farangs pay 12 months in advance for the first year only (for which there is a small discount). Thais can pay monthly from the outset.

A bit ridiculous really that as a condo-owning farang I am considered to be less secure than some itinerant Thai who rents weekly, but what else is new?

• Like 1

Unfortunately with 3B paying upfront for a year does nothing to guarantee you good service, and really once they have your money where is the incentive to provide reliable service

One of the few advantages of Pattaya is that you have several other alternatives to 3B

I tried to cancel my service after a year but since I came in the office the day it expired I was berated by the counter staff because I did not come in and cancel the day before it expired and would have to pay for an additional month whether or I wanted it or not . Needless to say I am not a fan

Unfortunately with 3B paying upfront for a year does nothing to guarantee you good service, and really once they have your money where is the incentive to provide reliable service

I have found the service to be excellent in the short time that I have been using them. I have called them twice and each time they were out the next day to fix the problem. I paid a year in advance.

I have found the service to be excellent in the short time that I have been using them. I have called them twice and each time they were out the next day to fix the problem. I paid a year in advance.

Please report back next year, like most things here in Thailand, what starts out good doesn't necessarily stay that way

Please report back next year, like most things here in Thailand, what starts out good doesn't necessarily stay that way

My 3BB service has been excellent, two problems with the line off my property recently and fixed in less than a day... thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif definitely 3 thumbs up!

Paying the year in advance is more of a convenience.... just another bill out of the way! wink.png

Plus, one can use credit card without the sometimes 3% charge, some companies charge!

I have been watching Televisions programs from many countries now for over two months with very little buffering.... that saves the satellite service, too. wink.png

• Like 1

Sophon is a good reliable option, no long term contract

True enough. I was with them for several years (always paying 12 months in advance for the discount) but had to stop using them when they introduced their FTTN service as the EOC client supplied was not compatible with my existing routing equipment and they were unwilling to supply a simple modem, or to find out from the manufacturer how to set their client to bridge mode.

Sophon is probably still a good option for those with basic domestic requirements, though I do notice that the 3BB connection outside of Thailand is generally better than the CAT connection supplied by Sophon, and throttling on 3BB is also much less.