Education tops list of ministries whose problems need to be urgently tackled

Lite Beer

Education tops list of ministries whose problems need to be urgently tackled

BANGKOK: -- An opinion survey by Rajabhat Suan Dusit University found the Education Ministry was seen as the ministry wit problems needing to be the most urgently tackled.

The survey was carried out among 1,564 people nationwide from Thursday to Saturday. Up to 75.71 per cent of the respondents named the Education Ministry when asked which ministry has the most urgent problems.

The Energy Ministry, the Agriculture Ministry, the Finance Ministry and the Commerce ministry came second, third, fourth and fight cited by 70. 63 per cen, 68.82 per cent, 68.11 per cent and 67.78 per cent of respondents respectively. Each respondent was asked to name up to five ministries.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Education-tops-list-of-ministries-whose-problems-n-30242713.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-09-07

Unfortunately our esteemed leaders cut the education budget (although they found funds to increase the already bloated defence budget) and worthwhile reform beyond teaching kids the patriotic values seems about as likely as an election in the next few years.

• Like 2

Unfortunately our esteemed leaders cut the education budget (although they found funds to increase the already bloated defence budget) and worthwhile reform beyond teaching kids the patriotic values seems about as likely as an election in the next few years.

The past esteemed leaders gave out in a bloated allowance to education the worlds highest budget-population- and it showed what ?? if it was cut and no improvement money is saved--but as you know every gov dept., is shaking with fear re corrupt spending of education funds--and were never checked.

Now it is thoroughly checked.

• Like 2

How do the 1564 people know anything about which ministries are better or worse.

Of course wasn't that silly to do that, it ought to have been compulsory for all Thais to answer the poll or have a referendum??

How do you know they didn't ???

This survey reflects the voice of the people and in typical Junta fashion they have taken it on board and been receptive to what the population want and what Thailand desperately needs. Education reform. Not vote winning reform like tablets, but reform that has no ulterior motive. Reform that won't win votes. The Junta don't need the votes so one can be assured this reform will be for the future generations.

One can see from the budget alone the sincerity the Junta show towards education with 20% of the budget allocation or nearly 500 billion baht going towards it. Of course this is huge compared to the allocation to defense which was only 193 billion baht or 7.5% of overall budget allocation. It may be pertinent to point out that the PTP under their term had allocated the same amount to defense as the Junta have. 7.5% as well. With the military seen as an important independent institution by over 60% of the population this was a wise move by the PTP.

There lies a big task ahead to reform education, but the Junta having proven themselves as "doers" already reflects a confidence they will succeed here.

post-140765-0-24900900-1410068836_thumb.

post-140765-0-12840300-1410069167_thumb.

post-140765-0-94962100-1410069175_thumb.

How do the 1564 people know anything about which ministries are better or worse.

Of course wasn't that silly to do that, it ought to have been compulsory for all Thais to answer the poll or have a referendum??

How do they know that education is any more urgent than energy, or military.

Poliyics moves in mysterious ways and not just in Thailand, the big surprise is no one noticed the smoke and mirrors moving from the Education to Defence.

How do they know that education is any more urgent than energy, or military.

Your point being ?? you ridiculed the polls outcome because of their knowledge it's numbers of persons interviewed. I answered that -now your coming back with this, when do you guys stop the rubbish-return argument into arguments sake.

• Like 2

Poliyics moves in mysterious ways and not just in Thailand, the big surprise is no one noticed the smoke and mirrors moving from the Education to Defence.

Yes the defense budget is the same now as with the PTP admin.

How odd that you should say that. Do you have a link for that?

I can help you out here.

http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/international/2014-08-18/thai-junta-boosts-spending-on-defence-education-in-fiscal-2015-draft-budget/1358154

The Ministry of Education was allocated 498.16 billion baht ($15.66 billion), a 3.2 per cent increase from last year's budget and 19.5 per cent of the total budget allocations.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/18/us-thailand-budget-idUSKBN0GI0MG20140818

The Ministry of Education was allocated 498.16 billion baht ($15.66 billion), a 3.2 percent increase from last year's budget and 19.5 percent of the total budget allocations. Prayuth has called for education reforms as part of his plans to reshape the country and restore political stability.

Do you EVER research anything before blundering off in your posts.

All I did was a quick google search and carefully chose 2 links which are not connected with Thailand at all.

Would you like to retract what you said now?

• Like 1

If they wanted to change, they would have donkey years ago from rote learning, students not being allowed to fail, teachers teaching English that can't do anything else but ABC and, "How are you, I am good thank you".

seems you have no clue.the usual answer to "how are you?" is "I am xx years old"...

• Like 1

If they wanted to change, they would have donkey years ago from rote learning, students not being allowed to fail, teachers teaching English that can't do anything else but ABC and, "How are you, I am good thank you".

Correction, they don't teach 'I am good thank you', it's 'I'm fine thank you, and you?'

No, they say exactly what the teachers say, without any clue or realization that it's a question they are supposed to answer.

Teacher: What's your name?

Student: What's your name?

Teacher: My name is,....

Student: My name is,.....

How odd that you should say that. Do you have a link for that?

I can help you out here.

http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/international/2014-08-18/thai-junta-boosts-spending-on-defence-education-in-fiscal-2015-draft-budget/1358154

The Ministry of Education was allocated 498.16 billion baht ($15.66 billion), a 3.2 per cent increase from last year's budget and 19.5 per cent of the total budget allocations.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/18/us-thailand-budget-idUSKBN0GI0MG20140818

The Ministry of Education was allocated 498.16 billion baht ($15.66 billion), a 3.2 percent increase from last year's budget and 19.5 percent of the total budget allocations. Prayuth has called for education reforms as part of his plans to reshape the country and restore political stability.

Do you EVER research anything before blundering off in your posts.

All I did was a quick google search and carefully chose 2 links which are not connected with Thailand at all.

Would you like to retract what you said now?

Its good you were able to call up those numbers but what you failed to mention is that this EM has the largest budget of them all. And perhaps you didnt know that their previous ministers held meetings how to allocate those funds with schemes instead of using those funds for improving schools and education. Nor did you say ( you didn't know) that to use up the budget so they can get it inceased they are sending supervisors to korea and employees to simgapore next month which is estimated to cost over 3 mill for each. I can only hope that this new rule uses their time and money on more important things like schools and education of students

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Clearly they need much more patriotic studies, always useful

This is wrong. In the 2015 budget, education is the biggest spender and received the biggest percentage increase, both. They certainly gave themselves an impressive present, but there was much more:

Thai junta boosts spending on defense, education in draft budget

As I presume you know, it's not a "draft budget" any more, it's the real budget, passed without debate or change.

I don't personally believe that the size of the budget has anything to do with the quality of education, but it's best to debate this from the fact - and the fact is that General Sarit gave the most corrupt (and most under-performing) ministry the biggest increase.

Edited by wandasloan

Just like many other areas in need of reform, it's not going to be an overnight fix, the General isn't a Miracle worker... just yet.

The entire country would appear to be in need of reform, education will take a generation to get there and a good few of the posters here will probably have slipped off into the eternal life by then.

• Like 1