Where to buy high end car dash cam

vento

I have a cheap china ar dash cam. while it does it jobs reasonable (for the price), the picture quality (optics properly) and sensitivity in low light driving isnt very good.

I want to buy a high end car dash cam.

Ive been in various electronic shopping malls in BKK which usually have all sorts of electronics.

Trouble is, i cant seem to find any good cams, only vendors who say all their models are good. redirecting me to some screenshoots (without any reasonable way to see which demo is from which cam, or if its even from one of the cams in stock) Vendors dont have any idea about the small details that matters. they look at price it seems.

I found some brand names, but a closer look, it seemed like they had features which is on the original one, or even prices below of the US prices on the originals. So properly knock offs as well.

So my question is, where or how to buy a good cam? Should i import it (i just read stories about electronics getting stopped for weeks in customs, and i dont really feel like fighting with customs about a car dash cam)

The Garmin Driving Recorders are Good.

http://www.gpssociety.com/EN/Pages/product.aspx

and then scroll to Camera Series

The Standalone ones are the GDR 35, GDR 45 and the GDR 33

Looks like some nice cams... Garmin products are usually well polished, but one could be worried that the their focus has been on overall quality rather on chip sensitivity etc.

but i will read some reviews about these models for sure.. thanks

I imported my blackvue without any problems with customs.... this can be a lottery though.

Check out http://store.thaiblackbox.com/

ThaiBlackBox Store

J.J. Mall Chatuchak market.

2rd Floor S272 Room.

588 Kampaeng Phet II Rd.

Chatuchak Bangkok. 10900

Tel: 083-263-3343

Email: <removed>

maybe they will have something for you.

looks like a shop only with quality products.. ill go visit this shop when i have time.

thanks

I suppose I am missing something ... not being tacky - but the Go Pro Cameras are the best action cameras going .. And there are many many types of mounting brackets ... You would get a dual purpose camera for a reasonable price ... And you can get a snap on LCD viewer just like any other camera...

I suppose I am missing something ... not being tacky - but the Go Pro Cameras are the best action cameras going .. And there are many many types of mounting brackets ... You would get a dual purpose camera for a reasonable price ... And you can get a snap on LCD viewer just like any other camera...

I wanted a discrete permanent fitment of both front and rear camera's that record 24/7.

Whilst my Blackvue installation is screen less If I want to look at them in car I simply open an app on my phone and log in. When I get home at night I can log into them remotely from my home PC (via WiFi) and download the footage if I want.

I have a Go-Pro, great camera, but not fit for purpose in regards to my car cam requirements.

i never had a go pro, but one of the things i like about dashcams is

Autostart recording when power is enabled

when memory card is full it will overide oldest files

some have g force detection which put files containing footage from a chrash in a special folder or something, so they are not deleted

gps which record time/speed

So, while go pro seem to be a cool cam, im not sure it fits in here

only thing i seem to be missing with car dash cams are a simcard which automatically upload crash footage on a remote server. that would be neat.

only thing i seem to be missing with car dash cams are a simcard which automatically upload crash footage on a remote server. that would be neat.

I know you can get cams that with a sim card will send pictures (MMS) to your phone in the event of an accident (G-Sensor triggered), maybe this can be configured to upload to the internet as well.

• 1 month later...