Details of failed US Delta Force raid to save James Foley and Steven Sotloff, revealed

webfact

Why reveal the details of a top secret mission that failed - other than for politics? blink.png

Because you never hear of the successful ones.

And sometimes even the successful ones are portrayed to the public as less than successful, like Son Tay.

The operation failed.

People died. Regrettable.

Prisoners were moved 72 hrs prior to rescue attempt.

Not adequate intel?

Leak of operation intel?

Inadequate planning?

Predictable planning?

Not bashing anybody here, but all of the above questions are legitimate.

An operation like this is not planned in 5 minutes. I'd assume they had a team on stand by waiting on information and acted as quick as possible. It's also highly likely the terrorist scum know this and move their captives accordingly.

Sometimes you succeed, sometimes you fail. There are related factors none of us are going to know, not even the prez. There was the failed raid to free the US embassy hostages in Tehran (during Carter), which was broadcast worldwide. Can anyone imagine the Chinese or Russians choosing to do a press release (with true facts) re; failed military missions? Heck, they will arrest someone who's just walking within 3 Km's of a military base perimeter who happens to have a camera. American top brass are more open in that regard, because telling the truth isn't a cultural taboo (or laughed at) in the States. Those who want to try to squeeze all sorts of conspiracy theories in to the OP are welcome to do so. Put it in book format and you might make some money with your imaginative excursions.

Edited by boomerangutang

Why reveal the details of a top secret mission that failed - other than for politics? blink.png

? , just faulty intelegence.... no reason not to tell the story... unless you just hate everything about the Prez? I appreciate their effort even if not a success.

The enemy could have guessed, they could have wondered, they could have feared. But now they know it is the US and now we have openly informed our allies in the region that our reluctance to get involved is flexible, for US! The US has alienated multiple allies in the region and none respect the US. The US has consistently given false messages and left allies alone in the lurch. Now all know that the US actually will do, or wont do, or it depends. Obama and company is "JV!"

EDIT: Delta Force is among the most effective tools on earth and really only one of two tools that can be employed to bypass congressional notification because they fall directly under the National Command Authority, the Pres, V Pres, and SecDef. All the rage has been... SEAL Tm 6, and for good reason. If you cant or dont want to use ST6 you must use Delta. I cant say for sure but would not be surprised if its because SEAL Team 6 DOES NOT TRUST THIS PRESIDENT WITH THEIR LIVES!

What a twonk, special forces are not politicians, they are happy to do what ever job they are told to do..............Gawd...............rolleyes.gif

The idea that SF cannot turndown a mission is BS. Of course they can, for various reasons.

• Like 1

The operation failed.

People died. Regrettable.

Prisoners were moved 72 hrs prior to rescue attempt.

Not adequate intel?

Leak of operation intel?

Inadequate planning?

Predictable planning?

Not bashing anybody here, but all of the above questions are legitimate.

It is clear that IS isn't led by your average terrorist, and the more I read about this "organisation", the more I get the feeling that there are CIA insiders involved.

so why are they waiting to bomb them all back to the stone age ? that is where they like to live ...

they don't have an oribital spy satellite that could remain in position ? not important enough ? no oil ? nothing to sell after they destroy everything again ?

I did all I could to save them.

it's very possible the delta story is all fiction.

It's very possible you could well be right. The current lot in the White House just cannot be believed on anything, 'smoke and mirrors' is their stock in trade. Just look at them here, look at Hillary with her faux wild eyed shocked expression, pretending to be horrified at something on a blank TV screen! The current US administration take the people for mugs, sadly there are all too many who are quite happy to be treated as such.http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2011/05/good-grief-now-the-cia-admits-there-was-no-live-video-feed-during-osama-raid/

It's very possible you could well be right. The current lot in the White House just cannot be believed on anything, 'smoke and mirrors' is their stock in trade. Just look at them here, look at Hillary with her faux wild eyed shocked expression, pretending to be horrified at something on a blank TV screen! The current US administration take the people for mugs, sadly there are all too many who are quite happy to be treated as such.http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2011/05/good-grief-now-the-cia-admits-there-was-no-live-video-feed-during-osama-raid/

Perhaps you should take the time to read your own link where within it is noted that the live feed failed for only part of the duration of the raid. I too am no fan of either Clinton or Obama, but please try to come up with criticisms with substance.

What I suggest is that we give them the same as they give us.

So, I now declare that we as non Muslims have declared a new and profound CRUSADE against the most Moronic, Sexist, Bigoted, Fascist, religion that has ever been since the Catholic church came into being.

Which I think the US are already doing arming the poor Islamic insurgents in countries like Egypt, Syria, Morocco and Libya, etc.

So we have the comfort of seeing these weapons facing us at a later date.

Well done peace keepers.

<deleted> politicians, Rabid bastards all of them.

i doubt intel was leaked, it was either old information or they moved the prisoner just in time. If intel was leaked, that is some serious breached as Delta Force operation are highly secured.

Detachment D personnel would never leak information. Never, especially in light of the the current navy seals lawsuit because Obama admin leaked information on Navy Seals. This Admin consistently betrays the US Military. There is a fairly long list of examples.

• Like 1