Gas Thieves Arrested While Transferring Gas

Rimmer

Gas Thieves Arrested While Transferring Gas

27.jpg
PATTAYA – September 6, 2014 [Pattaya Daily News]; Pol.Col. Sutthisak Wanthee (Superintendent of Nong Prue police station, Amphur Banglamung, Chonburi province), Pol.Maj. Jamnong Prasopsookmangmee (Staff Inspector) who performed duty as the Head of Special Operation and Pol.Capt. Kornphong Sukvisit (Deputy Head of Special Operation) together mobilized forces of police teams to search a house no. 8, Moo 2 Tambon Pong, Amphur Banglamung, Chonburi province, after they found out that an employee of Unique Gas and Petrochemical Co., Ltd. had stolen propane gas from of a company and sold it to customers without permission.

An incident place was the officers found a navy blue Isuzu pick-up truck, license no. Lor Tor – 927 Bangkok, with 8 gas tanks size 48 kg each in the back that was parked in front of a rented room. The officers found Mr. Siriphan Thongkhlaew, aged 26, and Mr. Natthawuth Sarnsri, aged 19, who are employees of Unique Gas and Petrochemical Co., Ltd. They were transferring gas from 48 kg gas tanks into 15 kg gas tanks and Miss Suban Baobuangarm, aged 40, and Mr. Pratuan Seesanngarm, aged 39, who are the owners of the rented rooms, were standing observing and supervising them.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/gas-thieves-arrested-transferring-gas/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-09-08

If they removed all the unnecessary names and addresses in that story, It would come down to 1 or 2 actual lines of story. It would have been much better if they had told us what type of punishment there is for this type of offence or what the government stance is on people doing this type of thing. if foreigners want to come here and play "journalist" at least do a bit of work to get some information and put something with a bit of value on your site.

Edited by waynethor

".... they would deliver the 48 kg gas tanks to various companies or factories. After collecting the empty tanks they would find that they would have some gas left so they would sell it to Miss Suban and Mr. Pratuan by transferring it into 15kg gas tanks for 200THB ......"

Is that really theft? Sounds more like recycling to me.

The point being that it was not their gas but it belonged to the company - so they were stealing it for resale.

I read it as being leftover gas that the other customers had bought and paid for and were giving away.

Rather like when I gave my old washing machine to the guy that delivered a new one. The old one still worked and it had a certain value (which the delivery guy could realise in place of a tip) but I'm sure that BigC or Numchai neither owned it or wanted it.