What's the very latest requirements for ED Visas ?

Well I have not talked to one in the last week but about 4 to 5 weeks ago I think it was. I have been in Thailand for 14 months on a student visa. I paid 30 000baht and that came with a student visa and 200 hours of study at my choice at the school.

I could use the hours when ever I wanted as in a hour a day or a few a week or what ever. They gave my 18 month to use the hours up but the visa was only good for 14 months.

I need a new one in a couple week and they said I had to pay about the same with a tiny discount and they would give me another 200 hours plus sort another visa out. I chose to not do it so I can not tell you the latest as in the last week as I am going another path for a visa.

Hope some of that might help you

School was called "language express" in bkk

Well I have not talked to one in the last week but about 4 to 5 weeks ago I think it was. I have been in Thailand for 14 months on a student visa. I paid 30 000baht and that came with a student visa and 200 hours of study at my choice at the school.

I could use the hours when ever I wanted as in a hour a day or a few a week or what ever. They gave my 18 month to use the hours up but the visa was only good for 14 months.

I need a new one in a couple week and they said I had to pay about the same with a tiny discount and they would give me another 200 hours plus sort another visa out. I chose to not do it so I can not tell you the latest as in the last week as I am going another path for a visa.

Hope some of that might help you

School was called "language express" in bkk

Thanks but I am looking for some confirmation on the latest requirements for schools which when I last spoke to a friend had changed very much from what they were before. Looking for details on hours / week required attendance and length of tuition, how many weeks the visa will be for and such things.

In another thread you were asking about a retirement extension of stay. If you have an extension of stay based on retirement, you can be a student without getting an Ed Visa.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/758304-any-suggestion-on-a-bank-where-i-can-easily-set-up-an-account-for-atm-and-for-retirement-visa-in-bkk/#entry8356232

In another thread you were asking about a retirement extension of stay. If you have an extension of stay based on retirement, you can be a student without getting an Ed Visa.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/758304-any-suggestion-on-a-bank-where-i-can-easily-set-up-an-account-for-atm-and-for-retirement-visa-in-bkk/#entry8356232

Suradit

I am interested in extension of stay based on retirement.

The girl who has been with me for the last 8 years is interested in coming here and learning Thai. Yes the posts are different but I am the one posting and asking for the both of us.

I'm in the unfortunate position of trying to learn the ins and outs of how the both of us can stay in Thailand.

Edited by RichardThailand

Suradit

I am interested in extension of stay based on retirement.

The girl who has been with me for the last 8 years is interested in coming here and learning Thai. Yes the posts are different but I am the one posting and asking for the both of us.

I'm in the unfortunate position of trying to learn the ins and outs of how the both of us can stay in Thailand.

From what I know from Pro Language Chiang Mai, you get a letter form Ministry of Education and documentation from your school and need to apply for the visa outside Thailand at an embassy, you will get 3 months and then extend at immigration every 3 months, after one year repeat same process again. Depending on where you are a person of the Ministry of Education will test your skills before each extension, apparently here in Chiang Mai they won't do the tests yet. Also attendance might be monitored more closely. My advice is to enroll with a school that has a good reputation, that means not a fake school or too new school. Also apparently the number of hours one needs to study has not been changed, I think it was 160 hours until now.

Hello all,

I would like to know if it's possible to go outside thailand with the ED visa and how it works.

I'm gonna apply to ED Visa next week but would like to come back in my country for 3 weeks around christmas.

Thanks by advance to the community

The visa will give you a 90 entry and then you will apply for an extension.

You will need to get a re-entry permit at immigration to keep your extension valid when you return to the country after your trip.

Ubonjoe already wrote what i wanted ;)

So i just add i enrolled at Patong school.

My hours still staying the same 2 times a week 2h a day.

But yes they informed that will be more controll on attendence but if u or gf want really learn wont be a problem ;)

Getting visa was easy.

Gave papers got visa 2days later in embassy.

Just to add my two cents worth. Yesterday in class there was sign on the door that Immigration in Bangkok had notified the school that they would be coming to do spot inspections on attendance. This school makes you sign for each class, and you must attend to sign. Our class had twice as many people yesterday as the school notified the no-shows that they had better get to class. Times are changing, as they should. Would have to think that eventually testing would come next if need be.