PM Prayuth assigns security chief to talk with Malaysia on peace process

webfact

PM assigns security chief to talk with Malaysia on peace process
By Digital Content

14101621056801.jpg

BANGKOK, Sept 8 -- Thawil Piensri, secretary-general of the National Security Council (NSC), said that Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha assigned him to meet his Malaysian counterpart in Malaysia tomorrow to discuss the schedule of the next round of peace negotiations with the Barisan Revolusi Nasional (BRN).

Mr Thawil said he would also pass the message of Gen Prayuth to Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak that Thailand would like Malaysia to remain as the facilitator of the peace process.

The NSC secretary-general said that after the schedule was set, the prime minister would appoint representatives to attend the next round of peace negotiations.

He declined to confirm or deny the report that Malaysia was upset with Thailand’s added approach to Indonesia concerning the negotiations. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-09-08

"He declined to confirm or deny the report that Malaysia was upset with Thailand’s added approach to Indonesia concerning the negotiations."

Let them be upset.The terrorists can not operate without support from the other side of the border. There Malaysia is responsible for what happens on it's territory. And they are not doing a good job.

"He declined to confirm or deny the report that Malaysia was upset with Thailand’s added approach to Indonesia concerning the negotiations."

Let them be upset.The terrorists can not operate without support from the other side of the border. There Malaysia is responsible for what happens on it's territory. And they are not doing a good job.

And terrorists will negotiate, their way or no way, of course!

• Like 1

this smells of "pass the turd" can't deal with it himself, let somebody else take responsibility, anything rather than get off his arse and leave BKK

It is called "delegation" if you have never had the opportunity to work within management.

this smells of "pass the turd" can't deal with it himself, let somebody else take responsibility, anything rather than get off his arse and leave BKK

It is called "delegation" if you have never had the opportunity to work within management.

Funny that, I have worked in senior management myself and I look at the best managers and they have something in common with the best leaders. They lead from the front. They never ask people to something they personally can't do, they don't push from behind, they lead from the front. Two problems really, neither he nor his military led dictatorship government are actually qualified to do any of this stuff, are they? Actually, he should be well qualified to work on security issues as that's what military are there for, to secure the country from outside forces. So with that in mind, why doesn't he get off his bottom and lead from the front and show people how to do it?

• Like 1

Right, but still in difficulties the senior management will always deal with the others seniors, and so do Presidents and Pm's

But i assume you never had the opportunity to work within senior management.

Funny that, I have worked in senior management myself and I look at the best managers and they have something in common with the best leaders. They lead from the front. They never ask people to something they personally can't do, they don't push from behind, they lead from the front. Two problems really, neither he nor his military led dictatorship government are actually qualified to do any of this stuff, are they? Actually, he should be well qualified to work on security issues as that's what military are there for, to secure the country from outside forces. So with that in mind, why doesn't he get off his bottom and lead from the front and show people how to do it?

He is a military man not a diplomat - although I think he could be diplomatic in many areas. Tough for a military man to be a diplomat with the enemy he is sworn to protect his country against by using force. But perhaps now is the time to rid the country of these terrorists by using force? Enough of the talking, bring an end to the killing of many innocent people.

Quick question: Did Eisenhower lead from the front? Or did he carefully choose people to do the hard yards?

No need to "bark" when you have a dog.

• Like 1

He is a military man not a diplomat - although I think he could be diplomatic in many areas. Tough for a military man to be a diplomat with the enemy he is sworn to protect his country against by using force. But perhaps now is the time to rid the country of these terrorists by using force? Enough of the talking, bring an end to the killing of many innocent people.

Quick question: Did Eisenhower lead from the front? Or did he carefully choose people to do the hard yards?

No need to "bark" when you have a dog.

Fair points indeed. Military men can be politicians, every single prime minister (except Golda Meir) has come from top military units, in fact if I'm not mistaken they have all commanded in Sayeret Matkal which is like SAS on steroids. The theory is that if they can have the trust to lead into battle (Israeli commanders always lead from the front) they can lead the country. This is of course debatable but it is what it is. I just personally think that the general although he probably has good intentions is in a place he had no clue about and is being overwhelmed by the tasks at hand, he surely isn't prioritizing in my opinion. I hope he can pull it off but I think he's hiding from the real issues.