Why do Western men marry Thai girls of ill-repute?

Often it is said there is something in the water. Or that you leave your brains at the airport.... but isn't the answer pretty simple?

Marring a woman of questionable work history in the West would be a costly proposition since the whole profession has been glamourized with a sex movie industry. You would actually have to be Charlie Sheen to afford to live with one of those girls.

What do you think?

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Marring a woman of questionable work history in the West would be a costly proposition since the whole profession has been glamourized with a sex movie industry. You would actually have to be Charlie Sheen to afford to live with one of those girls.

What do you think?"

I think that comment above is well wide of the mark.

Why so many topics divide ladies into two stereotype groups. We tend to do same with religions, nationalities etc. What's the problem with taking people on their individual merits and make your own call according what suits your ideals.

Every day seems on TV to be lame posts such as....

Would u marry are bar girl ? ...etc

Don't judge a book by its cover. And another big one esp in living in Thailand...don't be so high and mighty. Easy to preach when u have come from place like AU and been afforded opportunity to make very good money. Try starting your life here and selling sunglasses for minimal baht per day

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What ill repute are you referring to OP?

These girls are making a way of living and most of the time they do it out of necessity for a better life for their families and kids and not because they like to go to bed with any Tom Dick and Harry.

But they are humans as you and me and it is proven that they can be much better wives and mothers than some respectable other women.

I have a lot of people that I know that have been married to these ill repute girls as you put it and have a wonderful life.

These girls are looking for an easy way out and for the better of themselves.

Most of the men I know who married such women are not with them anymore. The thing is, if they are willing to marry one of their clients, they are willing to screw him over too, usually once a house has been built.

That's pretty much dead-on with my observations going back about 12 years.