Why do Western men marry Thai girls of ill-repute?

Firstly, what is with you guys. You turn it into a bitching session.

Get over yourselves <deleted>.

Me? My girl comes from a loving family in Bangkok.

Chinese? Yes.

Hi-So? No.

As a previous poster commented, no farang here has a Hi-So girl.

If you think you do, PM me and we'll meet up (your girl in tow) and I'm sure I'll tell you you're full of shit.

The sweeping majority farang guy/Thai girl couples I do do see around town unfortunately are; Average Joe and his Issan sidekick.

Bugger all in common...he just took what he could get.

It's not an attraction to a Thai girl of ill repute, it's the best he could do.

There's some truth to this. Most farangs have never even met a hi-so. These guys see some middle class Thai girl who's not remotely interested in them, then assumes that they're a stuck-up hi so. Hence some of the negative attitudes you see on these forums towards hi so's.

• Like 1

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ayjaydee; that's great mate...all those loving Issan families.

If you do acknowledge that most girls of ill repute originate from Issan, lower class, uneducated, predominant subsistence lifestyle (in general), do you accept that you have little to nothing in common with them and will rarely if ever, have a stimulating conversation? I'll repute or not?

Edited by Blackfox

Just because you don't have what it takes to get near an "upper crust" Thai woman doesn't mean that there are those of us who haven't. We may be a select few but we do exist. Unlike the rest of you guys, I married my wife in the States but had to come here for business. Most of you guys come here with basically nothing or very little and that's why most of the more well-to-do Thai women don't give you the time of day. I met my wife when she was studying for her PHD and at her university almost every single one of her female Thai friends had an American boyfriend and was planning on getting married to an American.

You're talking about a completely different environment. Americanized Thais living overseas vs the social environment over here.

As for your comments about not having what it takes, I have advanced degrees too, pal, and had a six figure salary before retiring here, so get off your high horse.

If ronn68 got himself an Americanized Thai, then all he's got is a farang woman in a Thai suit. In all the years I lived in the US, I don't recall ever seeing a truly attractive Thai woman. All the hot Thai women are in Thailand. In fairness, it was hard to tell the difference between a Thai, Filipino, and other SE Asian females in America. But frankly, it wasn't until I came to Thailand that I saw so many beautiful Thai women.

If you do acknowledge that most girls of ill repute originate from Issan, lower class, uneducated, predominant subsistence lifestyle (in general), do you accept that you have little to nothing in common with them and will rarely if ever, have a stimulating conversation? I'll repute or not?

if you understood the first thing about lasting relationships you would understand that shared values are far more important than shared interests. we've all seen our share of stimulating western women and the divorce rate in the west is evidence of the importance of that!

• Like 2

if you understood the first thing about lasting relationships you would understand that shared values are far more important than shared interests. we've all seen our share of stimulating western women and the divorce rate in the west is evidence of the importance of that!
Point taken mate.

There are women the world over of ill repute however, being with a women Thai or not, of similar socio-economic, family values, and educational background make for a stronger relationship base?

A Thai girl of ill repute is far removed from her average Joe farang partner. Are there truly any "shared values"?

Not saying this in your case mate, but as a casual observer of the union of these types of couples, I beg to differ.

Edited by Blackfox

Point taken mate.

There are women the world over of ill repute however, being with a women Thai or not, of similar socio-economic, family values, and educational background make for a stronger relationship base?

A Thai girl of ill repute is far removed from her average Joe farang partner. Are there truly any "shared values"?

Not saying this in your case mate, but as a casual observer of the union of these types of couples, I beg to differ.

who was talking about a woman of ill repute?

Khon Kaen has the best university and medical facilities in the region. There are 43 other vocational colleges and many universities whose main campus is in Bangkok. Time to get out of the cold water flat and take a tour of Issan; fascinating place, fascinating culture; 25 million folks live there in all ranges of economic and intellectual capacity. Ya see there are as many people living in Issan as Australia and there are some smart people who can carry on a conversation even in Australia eh?

these guys still think thailand revolves around bkk and pattaya. mind you so do most of the thais in those places as we have seen recently. Khon Kaen, khorat, Ubon, Udon are all modern centres with much to offer.

Point taken mate.

who was talking about a woman of ill repute?

Yours ...different ofcourse.....like most on here.

I agree though on your point....values more important than interests.

Bugger me.....over 85% of farangs I see are with Issan girls of the lower class. You know the ones, ill fitting shoes and dress, knock-off handbag etc.

I'm strictly referring to the girls of ill repute (topic).

Yes there are great facilities in Khon Kaen.....&lt;deleted&gt;. Topic is Thai girls of ill repute and the farang man marrying (acceptingly) them.

Why? I've given my reason in a previous post.

Others want to stay on topic and give theirs?

Bugger me.....over 85% of farangs I see are with Issan girls of the lower class. You know the ones, ill fitting shoes and dress, knock-off handbag etc.

Yes there are great facilities in Khon Kaen.....<deleted>. Topic is Thai girls of ill repute and the farang man marrying (acceptingly) them.

then define ill repute

Yours ...different ofcourse.....like most on here.

I agree though on your point....values more important than interests.

you know absolutely nothing of me or my situation and it will stay that way so save your childish speculation.

For the sake of trolling....halfempty instead of halvefull.....eye of the beholder. Pity......

Yes there are great facilities in Khon Kaen.....<deleted>. Topic is Thai girls of ill repute and the farang man marrying (acceptingly) them.

You wrote, "If you do acknowledge that most girls of ill repute originate from Issan, lower class, uneducated, predominant subsistence lifestyle (in general), do you accept that you have little to nothing in common with them and will rarely if ever, have a stimulating conversation? I'll repute or not?"

You wrote, "I'll repute or not" I think that is your off topic direction. Is it not?

So you are telling other folks to stay on topic but not you?

Yes there are great facilities in Khon Kaen...... Topic is Thai girls of ill repute and the farang man marrying (acceptingly) them.

then define ill repute

Bugger me...a second time. Did you just come down in the last rain?

Those who hock their box off or, directly or indirectly make money in and around the 'after dark' areas.

Whores, freelancers, cashiers, middle class chicks that get around the seedy parts well after sun down.

Remember, there is a big distinction from say Thonglor and Nana for example.

Yes there are great facilities in Khon Kaen...... Topic is Thai girls of ill repute and the farang man marrying (acceptingly) them.

then define ill repute

Those who hock their box off or, directly or indirectly make money in and around the 'after dark' areas.

Whores, freelancers, cashiers, middle class chicks that get around the seedy parts well after sun down.

just checking to see how completely out of whack your observations are. I know plenty of isaan girls that decided to go to the bar specifically to meet a farang and come from good loving families and are excellent partners and mothers to their farang husband and children. of course plenty are not but your generalizations are way off base in my experience.

Maybe a lot of guys do just marry for sex with a young girl and not being able to communicate is a major plus for them.

Wham bam thank you ma'am, here's your allowance for today (based on a 1-10 score)........I'm off to get drunk now.

Prostitution doesn't necessarily end with marriage, but hey that's how some people prefer it and to them it's the paradise they sought.

• Like 2

Pgrahmm has presented the best answer thus far.

Ayjaydee; you said you know of many Issan girls that go to the bars to meet a farang.

Oh brother, the family will be after a paycheck.

Parents of good Issan girls will not tolerate their daughters going to the bars to find a farang.

No parents of sound mind would tolerate that. They would lose face, perceived by others that their daughter is now of ill repute.

Pgrahmm has presented the best answer thus far.

Ayjaydee; you said you know of many Issan girls that go to the bars to meet a farang.

Oh brother, the family will be after a paycheck.

Parents of good Issan girls will not tolerate their daughters going to the bars to find a farang.

No parents of sound mind would tolerate that. They would lose face, perceived by others that their daughter is now of ill repute.

you have just put the final nail in the coffin of your arguement. It is and always has been very common in Isaan and you judging it from your western viewpoint further demonstrates your lack of experience in Isaan.

• Like 1

Its purely psychological....most of these blokes who marry whores are those who dod not make it back home, have a low self image or are basically losers...when they come across a whore...they feel like they are some sought of hero or knight in shinning armour or are making a gerat socail contribution in saving a soul etc....that is for a while only till reality seeps in.

You can see so many of these upcountry and also in Bangkok. Really hilarious when you see them actually.

2 different countries, 2 different sets of rules. What men do here and who they choose to date or marry more often than not have absolutely nothing to do with what they did or who they were back home.

Just because you don't have what it takes to get near an "upper crust" Thai woman doesn't mean that there are those of us who haven't. We may be a select few but we do exist. Unlike the rest of you guys, I married my wife in the States but had to come here for business. Most of you guys come here with basically nothing or very little and that's why most of the more well-to-do Thai women don't give you the time of day. I met my wife when she was studying for her PHD and at her university almost every single one of her female Thai friends had an American boyfriend and was planning on getting married to an American.

You're talking about a completely different environment. Americanized Thais living overseas vs the social environment over here.

As for your comments about not having what it takes, I have advanced degrees too, pal, and had a six figure salary before retiring here, so get off your high horse.

If ronn68 got himself an Americanized Thai, then all he's got is a farang woman in a Thai suit. In all the years I lived in the US, I don't recall ever seeing a truly attractive Thai woman. All the hot Thai women are in Thailand. In fairness, it was hard to tell the difference between a Thai, Filipino, and other SE Asian females in America. But frankly, it wasn't until I came to Thailand that I saw so many beautiful Thai women.

Dude, please tell me you're joking. No one can be that retarded, can they?

then define ill repute

Blackfox:

For someone who is acting like the bar scene is s-o-o-o-o-o-o far beneath you, I'm left wondering how you managed to develop such a detailed knowledge of 'the scene' you claim to so deplore?

I suppose you could have collected your descriptions of the bar girls' 'ill-fitting shoes' and 'knock-off handbags' and your intimate knowledge of the 'after-dark' goings on around Thonglor and Nana from innocently sitting at a sidewalk cafe a la Hemmingway and watching the flotsom and jetsam drift by, but somehow I doubt it. So what's with all the sneering contempt, kind sir?

In your posts you seem to be inferring that because your girlfriend is 'Chinese' this automatically places her above suspicion that she could possibly have ever worked in a bar in the past. You've also made it abundantly clear that you see her as superior to these lowly Issan girls you keep going on about.

Somebody needs to explain to you that not all girls who work in the bar scene are from Issan. They come from all parts of Thailand. I've seen plenty of Thai girls with Chinese features working in these bars as well. I almost get the impression that you imagine all the prostitutes working in China come from Issan as well, but they don't. And another thing, if you knew anything about Thailand, you wouldn't be making ridiculous generalizations about a whole region such as everyone who lives there is ill-educated and poor. Many people consider Issan to be one of the most important cultural hubs of Thailand.

Just saying, reverend, you might want to dial back on the rightous condescension a notch or two.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 2

Coz some men beleive that women in that profession will be grateful for being saved from it.

Would you care to elaborate upon how often you think the man's belief is mistaken and the woman's gratitude is genuine?

I do agree that this emotional response is quite common. The devil is in the details.

Edited by Gecko123