Hawaii's 'Teddy's Bigger Burgers' expanding to Thailand

webfact

Hawaii's Teddy's Bigger Burgers expanding to Thailand
Bill Cresenzo

BANGKOK: -- Hawaii-based burger chain Teddy’s Bigger Burgers has signed a franchise agreement to open two stores in Bangkok, Thailand, co-founder Rich Stula said Monday.

"Teddy's in Thailand? That is beyond exciting, and we can't wait," Stula, who founded the restaurant with his partner Ted Tsakiris, said in a statement.

The new restaurants are the latest is the chain’s international expansion. Teddy’s Bigger Burgers opened its first store in the Philippines in Manila last month, and plans to open eight more in the Phillipines, including two by the end of the year, Stula told PBN.

Stula and Tsakiris are partnering with SumoBurger Glocal Inc., with Raymund Magdaluyo, Ricky Laudico and owner Marvin Agustin for that project.

Full story: http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/news/2014/09/08/hawaiis-teddys-bigger-burgers-expanding-to.html

-- PACIFIC BUSINESS NEWS 2014-09-09

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YUM.jpgteddys-bigger-burgers-honolulu-hi-burger

These look pretty good.

Has anyone ever tasted a Teddy's Bigger Burger?

No, but I heard some good things about Teddys Bigger Burgers from friends still in Hawaii. I will try to check it out when I go back to Hawaii next April for my annual visit back home to Hawaii.

How much Spam do they have in them?

I can't help but think of that old Monty Python song.......spam spam spam spam....

And just why the he!! is Spam so popular in Hawaii?

"According to the SPAM website, the island's love affair with Spam began in World War II, when GIs were served the salty luncheon meat because it didn't require refrigeration and had a long shelf life. The Hormel Corporation, which manufactures Spam, provided 15 million cans to Allied troops every week. Between 1941 and 1945, Hormel had shipped over 100 million pounds overseas."

I can't help but think of that old Monty Python song.......spam spam spam spam....

"According to the SPAM website, the island's love affair with Spam began in World War II, when GIs were served the salty luncheon meat because it didn't require refrigeration and had a long shelf life. The Hormel Corporation, which manufactures Spam, provided 15 million cans to Allied troops every week. Between 1941 and 1945, Hormel had shipped over 100 million pounds overseas."

Thanks. I haven't had Spam in decades but I can sort of remember enjoying it fried but finding disgusting right out of that can.

Very popular in Korea as well.

Had some spam fries with truffle oil a couple weeks ago. Saw them on the appetizers menu ,worlds cheapest meat paired with most expensive oil, had to try them. They were suprisingly good

Very popular in Korea as well.

Had some spam fries with truffle oil a couple weeks ago. Saw them on the appetizers menu ,worlds cheapest meat paired with most expensive oil, had to try them. They were suprisingly good

Interesting! Of course, many US GIs spent a lot of time in Korea during that famous war, so I guess its popularity there is for the same reason as Hawaii.

But I guess we should be careful not to hijack this thread and turn it into a Spam discussion. We wouldn't want to interfere with Teddy's free advertising.

Thanks. I haven't had Spam in decades but I can sort of remember enjoying it fried but finding disgusting right out of that can.

If your taste buds are twitching you can find it in Tops Supermarkets, Spam, Spam Lite and Hickory Smoked Spam !

Still waiting for Chang flavoured to tempt the local market.

These look pretty good.

Any resemblance between the advertising photos and the delivered product is purely coincidental.

If they're the advertising photos, Lord help everybody. They make me feel like puking. :(

If your taste buds are twitching you can find it in Tops Supermarkets, Spam, Spam Lite and Hickory Smoked Spam !

Still waiting for Chang flavoured to tempt the local market.

I wouldn't exactly say that my taste buds are twitching for the stuff, and I'll probably only think about it again when I see this thread, but did you know there are now one dozen varieties of Spam, including jalepeno and terriaki? I think these guys want to make it the official global mystery meat.

BTW, did you notice the price of a can of Spam at Tops. I bet it's very expensive. I remember seeing an imported can of some pasta with tomato sauce in one of the stores for about 170 baht. I couldn't help but laugh out loud. Canned pasta has got to be one of the most disgusting foods in the world. I was thinking that you couldn't pay me the 170 baht to eat it let alone pay that much for it.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

These look pretty good.

Yeap, but anything come over here will be crxp compare to original, like pizza hat or Damion

"According to the SPAM website, the island's love affair with Spam began in World War II, when GIs were served the salty luncheon meat because it didn't require refrigeration and had a long shelf life. The Hormel Corporation, which manufactures Spam, provided [/size]15 million cans to Allied troops every week. Between 1941 and 1945, Hormel had shipped over [/size]100 million pounds overseas."[/size]

Teddys uses only 100% fresh chilled ground chuck (no fillers or binders). Burgers are hand pattied daily and always charbroiled to order. http://teddysbiggerburgers.com/about-us.html

"According to the SPAM website, the island's love affair with Spam began in World War II, when GIs were served the salty luncheon meat because it didn't require refrigeration and had a long shelf life. The Hormel Corporation, which manufactures Spam, provided [/size]15 million cans to Allied troops every week. Between 1941 and 1945, Hormel had shipped over [/size]100 million pounds overseas."[/size]

Teddys uses only 100% fresh chilled ground chuck (no fillers or binders). Burgers are hand pattied daily and always charbroiled to order. http://teddysbiggerburgers.com/about-us.html

Rest assured, Thais will find a way around that hard work (and quality contents). ;)

These look pretty good.

Any resemblance between the advertising photos and the delivered product is purely coincidental.

If they're the advertising photos, Lord help everybody. They make me feel like puking. sad.png

Agree the stuff looks absolutely revolting.

If they're the advertising photos, Lord help everybody. They make me feel like puking. sad.png

Agree the stuff looks absolutely revolting.

I'm still trying to work it out: Onions sliced to nano-millimetre thickness, beef that's black (and way over cooked, or even burnt), the cheapest lettuce one can find (and not chilled, iceberg lettuce), and as for what those chips (french-fries) with burnt, crappy ends are supposed to be I have no idea. Bland, and cheap materials, plus awful cooking and as for that bun (bread) - cold and yeasty looking - well it just doesn't add up. Then again, it does, fast junk food - full of too many calories and no succulence. Oh! I forgot - and the over yellowed cheese, resembling a bike puncture kit). I won't be visiting to even attempt such garbage (rubbish giggle.gif ).

Edited by DrLom