A few questions about extension due to marriage

I have had a trawl through the past topics about getting an extension of stay due to marriage and cant find the answer to my questions so if anybody knows the answers to these or has any suggestions I would be grateful

I already hold a multi entry none O from Savanakhet that goes out of date in early October as well as a pension to cover the 40,000 baht per month however I am unsure on if the marriage extension can be used the same as my present visa ie going in and out of the country every month or so...

I have to return to work in the last week of this month so if I am not going to be in the country is that going to be an issue, I believe I read somewhere about an under consideration stamp being issued first and then the full details with in 30 days??

As anybody in a similar position to myself had any recent experience of doing this?

Thanks in advance....

You will get a a under consideration stamp with a report back date that will be either 30 days form the date you apply or from the date you current permit to stay date ends dependent upon where you apply. It is possible to get a re-entry permit for the under consideration period.

You can apply for the extension the last 30 days of the 90 day entry you get from your visa.

Once you have the one year extension stamp you can get a multiple re-entry permit.

If you are only going to be here 30 days at a time you probably will not be able to do the extension.

Cheers Guys! It is actually more like 5 weeks in usually but this will be about 6 out but it seems that it can be done, hopefully, the only bit I am a bit unclear on is if they keep hold of my passport or if it is going to be a problem as I will be out of the country when the 30 days is up and I would need to return for the permit, anybody offer any advice on this?

That might be the achilles heel then as I wont be able to return on the specific date, I did ask this question at Jomtien immigration but left more confused than when I entered so thanks for the help I might go ahead and see what happens as I don't think I really have much to lose with it...

It can be more than 30 days dependent upon where you apply. My office starts the 30 days from the date my permit to stay ends. I applied 2 weeks early and got about 44 days total.

Others start the 30 days on the date you apply. If they do it that way and applied for the extension as soon as you got back you would be fine with the 5 weeks you will be back.

What you would need to do is get a re-entry permit for your 90 day entry to keep it valid so you will be down to the last 30 days (45 some offices) or less on your entry when your return.

• Like 1