Two seriously injured in another Pattaya Highway 7 Overpass Crash

webfact

Further to my last post on this subject, I must apologise and state there is a no motorcycles sign on the Northbound entrance to Hwy 7 from Sukhumvit.

One of those circular ones with silhouettes in a red circle.

I missed it previously as it is on the far right and I am normally trying to filter in from the left of Sukhumvit, my attention is focussed on vehicles behind and to my right as I try to come across.

There also has been some of those plastic bollard things put in to filter traffic coming in from South bound Sukhumvit, and make it difficult for traffic to come left off HWY 7 and get onto the Railway line bypass (me). I am not sure how this will work out as this area is used to park up large coaches and switch passengers to minibuses sometimes. A lot of illegal manoeuvres occur there, coming the wrong way on the slip-road and making a steep turn into fast traffic being common. The police like to lay traps on the railway line bypass under the flyover too.

It must be said that these advanced large interchanges, like flyovers, underpasses, cloverleafs and filtering seem beyond the grasp of drivers here.

It doesn't matter jacko..........the motorbike was driving in the wrong direction....he would never have seen the "no motorbike-sign"

I mean....it seems difficult enough to take the overpass in the right direction at a normal speed and this <deleted> takes the same overpass in the wrong direction at a high speed..........a typical case of a kamikaze mission and let's hope the at least the rider has succeeded in his mission. bah.gif

If I am reading and understanding this correctly I just don't understand how anybody can even consider going the wrong way on this overpass. It is two tight lanes and absolutely no space for a motorbike coming the wrong way. How did they even get on it and more to the point why? Defies all belief.

Same here, I don't understand how to even access the ramp from the wrong direction. You would have had to ride the wrong way on the side of the road from Chonburi direction towards Pattaya, then cross two lanes to get to the tight ramp. Total idiocy. I hope Darwin Awards (http://www.darwinawards.com/ and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_Awards ) picks this up for "honorable mentions" (since no one actually died).

The ramp can be seen on Google Maps Street View. The ramp has the "no motocycles, bicycles and trucks" sign on the northbound entrance, but I guess it should need one also at the opposite end (for idiots) ?

I am not sure, but if they entered via the railway road on the EXIT ramp, then they would be facing the oncoming traffic so wld be approaching the overpass bend on that side of the road??