Thai Wife Waiting Period

Just got back from my first renewal of a Thai Wife 1 Yr Visa Extension. Last year we had to go back a 2nd time one month later so the police could have time to verify we really lived together and at the address we stated. They never came but one month later I got my 1 year extension to the Non Imm O.

This year to my surprise and annoyance (had to take off work to go with my wife) I have to again wait one month and go back to get the 1 year.

Is this standard on all renewals of Thai Wife 1 Yr Extensions ??

Anyone out there get their Thai Wife Extension on just one trip to Immigration ???

Also, will I need another bank letter for the 2nd trip back in 30 days ?

Thanks

Everyone, almost, has to go two time (except if your wife is a police officer as one poster pointed out). The retirement is the one visit extension of stay.

You will not need anything else - just return on date with passport to either receive extension, or another under review extension.

I ahve renewed my Thai wife support visa 4 times now and every year at the actual renewal time I have to take my wife and son plus all the supporting documents.

I then go back 4 to 6 weeks later just to get the stamp in my passport.

I live in Central Thailand so I try to line up other things to do in Bangkok for the 2nd visit (without my family).

To me it is no big deal and it means that I can stay another year reporting every 90 days.

For me, I got it right away, only one time

But from your previous posts you do not seem to be the normal 400k bank deposit person as you mention never using the money, having much more than a million baht on deposit, having letters from your Embassy. I was told if your account balance was over 800k they could issue extension immediately in one visit but the next time it was over 800k and no mention of this was made (but I did not ask and being over 50 believe they may have been planning to change to retirement). Obviously they do have discretion as the person married to a police officer also obtained in one visit. But as a general rule support Thai wife will require an under review period.

I read somewhere, but don't recall where that the reason for the under consideration period is that all extension on basis of thai wife have to be referred to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for appoval.

Immigration in Bangkok makes the decisions on extension of stay for support Thai wife.