Football Forum

The Dan Sai Kid

Since this sub-forum is going to be re-named the Football Forum (I think) I thought it would be good to start by saying which team(s) you support.

I'm from Scotland, and support Aberdeen - but I've also followed Man U since Fergie went there in the 80's.

PS. Don't like Rangers or Arsenal.

coming from Liverpool there is only one team to support - Everton.

We already caused all the interesting incidents at the world cup - Rooney and Materazzi applying Moyes training techniques to perfection. And now that we have actually bought a forward that can score goals (Andy Johnson) then I can see no reason why we wont be winning the league again. OK just going back to my pit to sleep off the halcahol...

coming from Liverpool there is only one team to support - Everton.

We already caused all the interesting incidents at the world cup - Rooney and Materazzi applying Moyes training techniques to perfection. And now that we have actually bought a forward that can score goals (Andy Johnson) then I can see no reason why we wont be winning the league again. OK just going back to my pit to sleep off the halcahol...

if the forum it going to be called the football forum - then wont we attract some confused septics? Should we instead call it football (with no girlie padding or motorbike helmets) forum?

The only team from Manchester :D:D

now tell me why man city have 3 stars above there badge, they aint ever won anything worth putting a star there.

One star for each goal we put past you this year :o:D

We have won the League Championship twice, the FA Cup four times, the League Cup twice and the European Cup Winners Cup once :D A lright, alright, nothing recently though :D It could be worse though, i could of jumped on the United band waggon :D

now tell me why man city have 3 stars above there badge, they aint ever won anything worth putting a star there.

We have won the League Championship twice, the FA Cup four times, the League Cup twice and the European Cup Winners Cup once :D A lright, alright, nothing recently though :D It could be worse though, i could of jumped on the United band waggon :D

But, what do the 3 stars represent - is it one star for every division played in?

But, what do the 3 stars represent - is it one star for every division played in?

I haven't the foggiest :D But this is from wikipedia

The current club crest was adopted in 1997, a result of the previous crest being ineligible for registration as a trademark. The badge is based on the arms of the City of Manchester, and consists of a shield in front of a golden eagle. The shield features a ship on its upper half, representing the Manchester Ship Canal, and three diagonal stripes in the lower half. The bottom of the badge bears the Latin motto Superbia in Proelio, which translates as Pride in Battle. Above the eagle and shield are three stars.

Edit/ The old crest below

post-19542-1153146982.gif

Edited by mrbojangles

I haven't the foggiest :D But this is from wikipedia

The current club crest was adopted in 1997, a result of the previous crest being ineligible for registration as a trademark. The badge is based on the arms of the City of Manchester, and consists of a shield in front of a golden eagle. The shield features a ship on its upper half, representing the Manchester Ship Canal, and three diagonal stripes in the lower half. The bottom of the badge bears the Latin motto Superbia in Proelio, which translates as Pride in Battle. Above the eagle and shield are three stars.

Have the stars always been there?

Did Man City actually come up with the idea for adorning team badges with stars?

Aberdeen have 2 stars above their badge - one for the Cup Winners Cup and one for the European Super Cup - most European trophies of any Scottish team!

I'm not going to hold my breath til the next one :D

Have the stars always been there?

No, the old crest is in the post above. You replied whilst i was editing the post :o

Did Man City actually come up with the idea for adorning team badges with stars?

Maybe, i don't recall seeing any other crests with stars prior to 1997. Maybe wrong though

still no answer on the stars.

Nope, i've searched the internet but to no avail. So i've just e-mailed the club. I vaguely remember someone telling me when it first came out but i can't remember.

i think they represent each decade without winning out. 30 years and counting.

I think my version of "one for every goal we put past you at home this year" is more believable :o

ouch, ouch, ouch . . . Mr Bojangles getting slapped from all over

Nah, that's not a slapping sing_sling, we haven't even begun yet :D But if anyone can help search the net for what the 3 stars are for, i'd appreciate it. As above, i have e-mailed the club but i think there is more of a chance that Robbie Fowler will run 100 mtrs in under 5 minutes, than me getting a reply :o

To make life easier for you, I guess you could just join the rest of the ManU fans who joined them because they are successful . . . :D

I know that's what a lot do but i'.m "City till i die" :D