Verdict due for Oscar Pistorius

webfact

Oscar Pistorius trial: Verdict in murder trial due

(BBC) -- South African Judge Thokosile Masipa is due to give her verdict at the murder trial of Oscar Pistorius.

The Olympic double-amputee sprinter faces 25 years in jail if found guilty of premeditated murder.

He denies intentionally killing his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine's Day last year, saying he thought there was an intruder.

The judge could also find him guilty of culpable homicide, or manslaughter, for which he would face a long jail term.

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29143540

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-09-11

I don't know what to think of his guilt or innocence. He has a history of gun violations and a bit of an obsession with guns and showing off. Also a bit of a temper. However, I think he was genuinely overwrought that he killed his girlfriend. He really had visceral reactions to the pictures of what he did to her which murderers may not have been able to pull off. Not just the sobbing but the vomiting etc. He deserves punishment in my book but just how much I don't know.

Is anyone watching right now on BBC world while the judge is reading the 100 pages of her judgement Wow!!!

The judge has just taken a half-hour adjournment but from comments that have been made it looks much less likely it will be premeditated murder but it could be culpable homicide or manslaughter.

I don't know what to think of his guilt or innocence. He has a history of gun violations and a bit of an obsession with guns and showing off. Also a bit of a temper. However, I think he was genuinely overwrought that he killed his girlfriend. He really had visceral reactions to the pictures of what he did to her which murderers may not have been able to pull off. Not just the sobbing but the vomiting etc. He deserves punishment in my book but just how much I don't know.

He's a bit of a loose canon and think that just because he's some sort of an Olympian,

that he's above the law... me think he's going to the clink...

• Like 1

I am so fed up of the coverage of this, particularly the BBC.

Long drawn out legal statements and the whining of the 'suspect'.

He has already been cleared of murder, which surprised me.

Not a great example of a legal system....it wouldn't happen in the USA.

How is OJ?

Edited by jacko45k

I don't fall for the crocodile tears, just read a statement from a former girlfriend, and he was a right nutter, and she feared for her life too, she even hid a gun that he had in the house ??.

He was constantly biting her and slapping her ?? Sounds like an overgrown kid...

She also said, he was always lying and cheating....

He deserves what he gets..

That poor girl he murdered, her parents must be beside themselves...