10 Japanese provinces are set to invest their SME businesses in Thailand

webfact

10 Japanese provinces are set to invest their SME businesses in Thailand

BANGKOK, 11 September 2014 (NNT) – SMEs from 10 Japanese prefectures are set to invest their businesses in Thailand.

Japan has brought along SMEs from 10 of its prefectures to make investments in Thailand, particularly in the high-technology industry including automobile, aeronautical, and medical equipment. According to them, Thailand is the most desirable investment hub compared to other ASEAN countries.

Hideaki Omura, the governor of Japan’s Aichi prefecture, stated that investors have chosen Thailand as the number one spot for investment, closely followed by Indonesia and Malaysia. Over 284 SME operators from Aichi have set up 416 factories in Thailand so far.

Nonetheless, they have requested the Thai government to address flood preventive measures so that there would be no repeat of the 2011 Flood Crisis. Aichi investors have initially expressed concern for Thailand’s political situation, but are now relieved knowing that the situation has eased.

Aichi is considered the 3rd largest economic prefecture in Japan. By signing this MoU, it will hopefully boost the cooperation between Thailand and Aichi's SMEs.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-09-11 footer_n.gif

Sounds like a mob of sheep if if SMEs from 10 provinces all want to go to the same place. Or maybe Thailand is just super awesome.

Maybe 1941 really was just a scouting mission for identifying future expansion locations after all :)

From what I'm reading I agree with DrLom, with Indonesia coming in second. India is also doing quite well

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Japan is dying Thailand is the best place for them to invest alt=biggrin.png>

I beg to differ. Most countries invest in Vietnam before Thailand nowadays.

Maybe other countries, but Japan always favored Thailand :D

Japan is dying Thailand is the best place for them to invest biggrin.png

I beg to differ. Most countries invest in Vietnam before Thailand nowadays.

Where's your source of this information?

I doubt most countries invest directly, although businesses in those countries may, and to say " Most countries invest in Vietnam before Thailand nowadays." makes no sense at all, so I doubt he has a source.

Most countries or businesses from those countries invest where they find a suitable opportunity that meets their needs rather than choosing this country first and then that country next.

• Like 1

Me think you Japanese SME's are about 10-15 years too late for that, but hey, no other country can beat

the after work conditions that the Japanese mangers and bosses gets to have in Thailand...

"Me think you Japanese SME's are about 10-15 years too late for that ..."

Care to back up your thinking with any reasons or was this just a sudden flash of inspiration and a chance to slip in a little subtle Thai (& Japan) bashing from a bar stool or armchair economic philosopher?

armchair-expert.png

"Aichi is considered the 3rd largest economic prefecture in Japan"

Since Toyoto Motor's conglomerate is deeply rooted in Aichi with many of its own subsidiaries, I would gather that the conglomerate is

seeking investments in many of their fields such as medical equipment, aeronautical, engineering, etc.