The One Word Question......"where?"

webworldly

I don't really know.....but Maid Service up here is not expensive.

we have a full time maid who is paid 2,800 Baht a month...that does not sound a lot.....but she is slightly disabled and could not find employment elsewhere...

Full time, 2800bt.

You could probably find a maid with one arm or a bad leg and get away with paying, say, 1,400?

we have a full time maid who is paid 2,800 Baht a month...that does not sound a lot.....but she is slightly disabled and could not find employment elsewhere...

Full time, 2800bt.

You could probably find a maid with one arm or a bad leg and get away with paying, say, 1,400?

What are you implying Skipper?

I live in Phuket, by Nai Yang beach. I pay 9,000 per month for a 2 bed house with air-con. I also need fast internet. So I pay 3,000 for a 1 MB ADSL line from Island Technology. (This is claimed to connect direct to Singapore, thus avoiding the Thai bottlenecks). Anyway, it's fast and I can access my servers in the UK, Italy and USA without any problems.

There is no gym nearby, but I usually jog or cycle 10km along the new cycle path at MaiKhao beach. Plenty of restaurants and nearby grocers etc.

I had asthma when I lived in the UK. Living in BKK was (naturally), no better. Now my asthma has gone completely....

Simon

What is the medical care situation in Phuket Simon, I need to know before I can visit..and I want to come..but this is my main concern

Cheers

TP

Edited due to non functioning keyboard that won't do as its told

Edited by ThaiPauly

Full time, 2800bt.

What are you implying Skipper?

I think that he is implying you are cheap!

Good medical care here!

I am loving living here! Faboooooooo!

Edited by jdinasia

Typical of you JD to answer a question aimed at somebody else.

Let this "Tight arse" tell you something.

she is virtually DEAF... we are paying for her new hearing aid, her pushbike was stolen , I bought her a new one... she earns more a day than her Dad, and I put away 1,000 baht a month for her "New Year bonus" whereby I insits that she spends the money on herself....last year she went to TESCO's for the first time in her life and had the chance to buy stuff she never even knew existed.

I not obliged to do any of this..she is just so grateful to have work..Her hours are 9-5, she gets here at 8am and leaves at 7pm...we don't ASK her to stay longer..maybee its just GRATITUDE

So go ahead JD ..call me a tight fisted git

On the other hand..when you add all these "perks" up..if you don't want to give them you can get a maid in CM for not much money, far less than I am actually paying

TP

hmmmmm I didn't call you cheap .... but hey :o

I don't think that the concept of a public forum escapes you so I fail to see why the rant .... but :D since you jumped me on it ....

remember who said all this?

"Well I went to Krabbi (Aoh Nang) and was not at all impressed... I stayed at the Krabbi Beach Resort which was fine..but the price of everything is SO DEAR... I needed some painkillers.. I had to pay 30 baht for a strip that I pay 10 baht for in CM.

Also dining out is seriously expensive.... a basic Pizza for 350 baht.. they are having a larf arn't they?

safe to say I won't be returning.. I am more comfortable that I am not being "Ripped Off " at home

I was advised that if I pressed on with my 3,500 klik journey things were just gonna get dearer.. I really DO NOT NEED a beach THAT MUCH.. I have my own Sat Wai Nam!"

:D :D

but since i didn't call you a tight arse or a tight fisted git ..... I guess it doesn't matter

:D

Edited by jdinasia

Umm... I hope we are still on the topic here. :D

How about Hua Hin!?!? It is located in Prachuab Kirikhan Province. It's not too far from Bangkok, on the beach, only across the Gulf of Thailand from Pattaya. At least, the beach is much nicer than Pattaya, definitely much less sleazy, and far less poluted than BKK. It is rapidly up and coming, especially for rich farangs, Thai celebs, BKK hi-sos and the elite. Hua Hin is to Bangkok as Hampton is to New York. Probably exaggerated a bit, but you get the idea. Worth check it out, with your (almost unlimited) expense goal. :D (Just kidding. I mean no offense. I could not even make that kind of money with my salary!) :o

I lived in Hua Hin for 6 months .... 2BR row house for 7500/mo ... internet sucked ... a couple of gyms ... all in all ... Hua Hin bored me after a few months and I ended up spending most weekends in BKK.

That being said ... HH is much more interesting now that you don't have to travel so far for shopping at a superstore or to see a movie!

• 2 weeks later...