Scotsman Brutally Assaulted By Thais In Pattaya, Police Say

Lite Beer

Sitting in an open air bar by the railroad tracks one afternoon. The man & woman living in the house behind the bar get into a screaming match. Escalates into knives & machetes. The man finally relents & begs forgiveness (he started it). She screams, brandishes her knife & runs across the tracks. He follows.

Half an hour or so later he comes back. Bares his chest to show the cuts. Shortly, a gang of young men in motorcycle helmets & bearing clubs come striding over the tracks. He runs. Didn't see any more, but the story came out that they caught him & forced him to bow to his woman's feet to avoid a severe beating.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thailand is going to lose its tourism industry unless it sorts out such situations and make Thailand, not just Pattaya a safe place for tourists.

It needs to take action quickly as well if the redirection of tourists to other countries doesnt reduce the tourism levels to a trickle

The military really needs to do the job that the police are unwilling to do. The idiots who are doing these things are young punks who often ride around in gangs on motorcyles. They should not be that difficult to spot.

This happened to me. My girlfriend of 2 years wanted me to go home with her but I refused so she had me beaten out of spite. She's admitted it and identified the 2 guys who are only guilty of being gullible enough to believe her when she said I threatened her. I've never threatened anyone in my life.

Hell hath no fury like a woman that imagined scorn.

Also to the guy that suggested my mate was a coward - if it wasn't for him coming between me and the machete waver I could well have been killed.

Lastly, I'm more that happy to be referred to as British.

Hope you are feeling better ...

All the best and I hope you have dropped that girl from your life

As I know people who have had similar things happen to them

And a few weeks later I have seen them go back to the crazy cows

Take care

Thailand is going to lose its tourism industry unless it sorts out such situations and make Thailand, not just Pattaya a safe place for tourists.

It needs to take action quickly as well if the redirection of tourists to other countries doesnt reduce the tourism levels to a trickle

Incidents like this are also happening everywhere in the world and will not have ANY impact to the Thai tourism industry at all.

This happened to me. My girlfriend of 2 years wanted me to go home with her but I refused so she had me beaten out of spite. She's admitted it and identified the 2 guys who are only guilty of being gullible enough to believe her when she said I threatened her. I've never threatened anyone in my life.

Also to the guy that suggested my mate was a coward - if it wasn't for him coming between me and the machete waver I could well have been killed.

Hope you are feeling better ...

All the best and I hope you have dropped that girl from your life

As I know people who have had similar things happen to them

And a few weeks later I have seen them go back to the crazy cows

Take care

No chance! I'm back to London on Wednesday.

But I though pattaya was just a beautiful place to enjoy a vacation. People from Pattaya always tell me it a great place to live, so peaceful.

I believe Pattaya is peaceful, in any country where there are lots of drunken tourist, there will be fights, particularly with locals. I am saying Pattaya is peaceful, but I am a non drinker, and never out after 12 at night.

The thing about Thais is they can only fight when the odds are on their side, you will hardly ever see a Thai fighting one to one, unless he is trained in Mua Thai or something similar.

The thai was armed with a knife costas

Are you Steven seagal or chuck Norris

Because if you are not here is some advice about

Dealing with armed Thais ....stay away from them if you value your life

The advice from a 3rd dan black belt I once trained with when someone pulls a knife out - RUN

Exactly, or if the odds are against you ie, five to one.

Note to self: Do not argue with people outside bars in the early hours of the morning. It never ends well.

All these incidents revolve around alcohol and bars in the early hours of the morning. Same in all countries where people drink too much.

My note to self , is even simpler: Do not argue with people period ( even though its tempting sometimes)

Even the Thai building manager where I live who comes from Issan said that even she has noticed a change in attitudes of Thais living and working in Pattaya and people now seem to have shorter fuses. Maybe its financial who knows but even she feels people are not the same as they were just five years ago.

Edited by Asiantravel

What about the other foreign man?

No assistance from him?

What about the other tourists overlooking?

No assistance from them?

If you are a coward, you are a coward, irrespective if you are Thai, farang or from Mars.

The only cowards were those two Thais.

NO, not if you ask the Thai apologists. Blame the farangs

Supposedly 3 english guys, a welshman and someone from Belfast were walking past when it happened....they went to help but the Scottish guy said don't-------as he wanted to be Independent..............sorry couldn't resist

On a serious note, I can't stand to see group savagery and normally would do something e.g. in KL jumped over a bar wall to help a guy getting kicked by about 8 taxi guys outside Beach Club...i don't say get physically involved unless you are crazy or if it would realistically swing the tide and stop the attack.....I just shouted stop! stop! and it stopped the mob hysteria for a second and then it was over......won't work every time and of course may backfire, but if someone got brain damage because I did absolutely zero then I would fee like shit....

Also on a note to pople saying video it...I suspect this will lead to the loss of your phone and likely assault if the Thai's see you videoing them...

• Like 1

But I though pattaya was just a beautiful place to enjoy a vacation. People from Pattaya always tell me it a great place to live, so peaceful.

Ha, obvious sarcasm. Whether you came to Pattaya with a soul or not, you won't leave with one.

Edited by jjkstuff

I have the whole thing on video. The police let me have it. It made me feel sick watching a guy walk past me as I was getting away then turn take a step back and smash an almighty sucker punch on my blind side. Cowardly?!? He hit me again on my way down. The video's sickening.

yes glad you are "OK"... was the behaviour of your EX (i hope) out of character...because it takes a pretty vicous and nasty person to get someone so seriously <deleted> up especially as she was meant to care about you?

Edited by metisdead
Profanity

I'm surprised the newspaper refers to Scotsman not Brit. Indians are referred to as Brits along with a host of other nations holding British Passports.

Anyway a Scotsman is usually used to this sort of thing it wouldn't even make the local newspaper in Scotland.

Scotland seems to want to be independant from the rest of Britain so perhaps its correct to refer to him as a Scotsman, watch this space.

Lots of Thais in Scotland that beat locals up ? I suspect if a load of Thais attacked a scotsman in Scotland it would make the news :)

Page I'm genuinely sorry for your experience and your GF was way out of order but asking any woman to leave you alone in a red light district in the early hours is going to send her nuts.

Stay safe.

What about the other foreign man?

No assistance from him?

What about the other tourists overlooking?

No assistance from them?

If you are a coward, you are a coward, irrespective if you are Thai, farang or from Mars.

As a foreignor u not want to interfere and possibly win from Thai men if they assault an other farrang ..

As a foreignor and winning u will be pulling the short end of the stick .

Has nothing to do with being a coward , just common sence .

no it has to do with the fact that the Thai men think their hands are only for sex games, because they can;t fight 1 on 1 with most people, and 8 times out of 10 it is done to impress a women, there are cowards and there are Thai men, not the same, if we could kill people and come up with a bullshit reason all the time that the police would believe, then we would act differently, and of all the Thai men I know who live abroad 2 of them were like that in Thailand, but are not like that now here in the UK, because they know they can;t act like that here. so a lot of the time they act that way cos they are Thai, and we all know that Thai's will protect Thai's, regard less of the crime

• Like 1