Abit Of Help Needed

martin_l

i have just recieved a police caution for a minor effence that happened about 2 weeks ago and the solicitor said to me that if i wanted to go to america that i would have to inform the american embassy because i have a caution, does this mean i have to do the same for thailand as im going there at christmas, my solicitor said no but i dont know.

cheers for ya help

If you are coming for less than 30 days then you will get a 'permit to enter' the country on presenting yourself to Immigration on arrival at Thailand (valid for 30 days). Short extensions are available once inside Thailand-14 days if you are lucky. If you plan to stay for longer then you will need a visa; applied for in advance at you local Thai Embassy or Consulate.

As far as my memory serves me there are no questions on any visa forms that ask for a declaration of any convictions. I doubt a UK Police caution would fit that category in any regard.

Enjoy your holiday. :o

i have just recieved a police caution for a minor effence that happened about 2 weeks ago and the solicitor said to me that if i wanted to go to america that i would have to inform the american embassy because i have a caution, does this mean i have to do the same for thailand as im going there at christmas, my solicitor said no but i dont know.

cheers for ya help

when you arrive at immigration at Bangkok they will issue you with a free one month tourist visa....