What if? Scotland's steps to independence

Lite Beer

I suppose it's no surprise that the 6th verse of the UK national anthem doesn't go down too well in Scotland and is not used by the 'no' side:

"Lord grant that Marshal Wade
May by thy mighty aid
Victory bring.
May he sedition hush,
And like a torrent rush,
Rebellious Scots to crush.
God save the Queen!"

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were Alex Salmond I would hire a plane and have it parked in Glasgow airport ready for a quick get-away if things go wrong. Most of this is uncharted territory and if he gets it wrong,especialy if it hits Scottish people in the pocket,they will be after him.They have a history of turning the blame onto one person.Just think If the "Yes" win, Salmond will wake up on Wednesday morning and have to start creating a new country.What a nightmare.Hire that plane,Alex.

I suppose it's no surprise that the 6th verse of the UK national anthem doesn't go down too well in Scotland and is not used by the 'no' side:

May by thy mighty aid

Victory bring.

May he sedition hush,

And like a torrent rush,

God save the Queen!"

To be frank, that alone would have me voting Yes regardless.

I always thought Cameron was a good old Scottish name smile.png maybe he should be repatriated come the glorious day thumbsup.gif

Unfortunately, under SNP proposals, he'll have to apply for Scottish nationality, as he was neither born in nor resides in Scotland. He won't qualify for automatic Scottish nationality simply because his father was born in Scotland. Perhaps he did a deal with Salmond to stop Theresa May stripping him of his English citizenship.

I always thought Cameron was a good old Scottish name smile.png maybe he should be repatriated come the glorious day thumbsup.gif

Unfortunately, under SNP proposals, he'll have to apply for Scottish nationality, as he was neither born in nor resides in Scotland. He won't qualify for automatic Scottish nationality simply because his father was born in Scotland. Perhaps he did a deal with Salmond to stop Theresa May stripping him of his English citizenship.

Anything to stop Theresa May stripping will do thanks.

If I were Alex Salmond I would hire a plane and have it parked in Glasgow airport ready for a quick get-away if things go wrong. Most of this is uncharted territory and if he gets it wrong,especialy if it hits Scottish people in the pocket,they will be after him.They have a history of turning the blame onto one person.Just think If the "Yes" win, Salmond will wake up on Wednesday morning and have to start creating a new country.What a nightmare.Hire that plane,Alex.

Who cares. If the Scots get it wrong, their problem.

I look forward to an independence majority this coming weekend, just not sure it will materialise.

May by thy mighty aid

Victory bring.

May he sedition hush,

And like a torrent rush,

God save the Queen!"

To be frank, that alone would have me voting Yes regardless.

This line was changed years ago. I think it now says something about the Welsh.

• Like 1

British Prime Minister David Cameron went to Scotland this week to persuade citizens of the country to vote “no” on leaving the U.K. He said, “It's never worked out for anyone-well except America, and Canada, Australia, India, and . . . I'll stop talking now.”

Where are all the NO supporters?

Many of my family are voting no for selfish financial reasons but very reluctant to broadcast it. Are all NO supporters ashamed? If not, they should be, their relatives that fought in Bannockburn will be turning in their graves.

I suspect more than a few will stand in the polling booth and ask themselves if they want to walk out of it ashamed of themselves and their own selfish personal greed.

You are right....my brother's comment to me was "I'm doing just fine."

I hope these people really do wake up by Thursday!

1459111_10152649313826192_59997711765998