Getting tourist entry just after 3 years of ED visa?

Hi

I may have problems getting my 90 days extension for ED visa.

If they refuse to extend, should I be able to do a visa run to get 2 months entry (no need visa if I understood well, just cross boarder), then extend 1 month at immigration?

Can I do this 2 times? Should they give it to me or should they think "why does he comes back as a tourist after being there 3 years as a student"?
is there still the 180 days per years limit so 2 times "2+1" months per year?
Thanks

A tourist visa must be gotten from a Thai consulate. What you are talking about is a visa exempt entry, which is mostly only 30 days.

You can get a double entry tourist visa in Laos (Savanakhet or Vinetiane), giving you two entries of 60 days and each entry can be extended by 30 days for 1,900 baht per extension.

You will only get 15 days at a border crossing unless you are from a G7 country. I not sure how they will handle you doing another border run after getting the 30 day extension. Normally you could do one back to back exempt entry.

There is no limit to the number of total days spent on exempt entries within any period of time.

It would be best to make a trip to Laos for a 2 entry tourist visa that would give a total stay with only one border crossing to use the 2nd entry.

after coming off from a Thai Visa, most of the border give you ONE visa exempt stamp and new rule will allow you to extend it for 30day at Thai Immigration.

Usually it can be done only once, but final decision is at the discretion of the IO on duty.

Then why on earth doesn't he just go to a Thai embassy and get a proper Tourist Visa? It's only 1200 baht and a hassle free re-entry.

Really, I don't understand the total horror implied at having to leave the country for a couple of days? huh.png

• Like 1

Hello, many thanks all for your answer.

Yes I am from a G7 country. Sorry for not saying it before.

But, did I understand well? If I do a go/back to any border (in bus), I should get 60 days with visa exempt entry? Then able to extend 30 days after 60 days spent (so a total of 90 days)?

The fact I am in my 3rd year of ED visa (not ended btw but 90 extension might be problematic), shouldn't mess it up?

Thanks!