Thailand providing health training to Bhutan

webfact

Thailand providing health training to Bhutan
By Digital Content

14107422595336.jpg

BANGKOK, Sept 15 -- The Praboromarajchanok Institute for Health Workforce Development under the Public Health Ministry plans to send health experts to provide maternity and child health training to nurses in Bhutan next year, according institute director Dr Apichart Rodsom.

Dr Apichart told journalists on Sunday that three agencies including the Thailand International Development Cooperation Agency, the Foreign Affairs Ministry and the United Nations Population Fund have agreed to support the Bhutanese public health ministry in developing the country’s maternity and child health services by allocating a budget to the institute.

The funds will be spent to train Bhutanese nurse assistants from 2015-2017, he said.

Dr Apichart said the institute has been training Bhutanese nurse assistants since 2012.

The trainings have proven successful, he said, and usually last between two to four weeks and is held in the northeastern province of Udon Thani and in Bangkok.

So far two groups totaling 42 Bhutanese had received training.

Another group of 25 persons will receive similar training next month.

Dr Apichart said the training could help reduce the death rate of mothers and children in Bhutan by as much as 100 per cent. The institute plans to send experts to teach health officials in Bhutan for about one week next year. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-09-15

"Dr Apichart said the training could help reduce the death rate of mothers and children in Bhutan by as much as 100 per cent."

I think the good Dr. maybe doesn't understand how percentages work or he left out a qualifier like, preventable death rate of...

But that sounds very optimistic given the lacadazical implementation of the training program. Its been going since 2012, and by the end of next month will have trained less than 70 care providers. The training is only 2-4 weeks long... they could have trained everybody by now if this were a priority! Maybe there are extenuating circumstances with political relations or something else not even hinted at in the severly lacking report, I don't know.

Could the drug using prince from Bhutan be atoning for his BKK transgressions

I think a look at a map and then a Google would have helped here.. Seems you have your Himalayan lands confused.

They are talking about the Kingdom of Bhutan of which this fine upstanding man is the present king.

post-9891-0-69399400-1410777849_thumb.jp

King Jigme Wangchuk and his Queen Jetsun Pema

Could the drug using prince from Bhutan Nepal be atoning for his BKK transgressions? Maybe?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/nepal-ex-crown-prince-nabbed-thailand-article-1.1868664

post-9891-0-06511400-1410777865_thumb.jp

Paras Shah

• Like 2

"Dr Apichart said the training could help reduce the death rate of mothers and children in Bhutan by as much as 100 per cent."

I think the good Dr. maybe doesn't understand how percentages work or he left out a qualifier like, preventable death rate of...

But that sounds very optimistic given the lacadazical implementation of the training program. Its been going since 2012, and by the end of next month will have trained less than 70 care providers. The training is only 2-4 weeks long... they could have trained everybody by now if this were a priority! Maybe there are extenuating circumstances with political relations or something else not even hinted at in the severly lacking report, I don't know.

I want reparations! This writer's accompanying photo is too small. I have injured my eyes.

• Like 1

Could the drug using prince from Bhutan be atoning for his BKK transgressions

I think a look at a map and then a Google would have helped here.. Seems you have your Himalayan lands confused.

They are talking about the Kingdom of Bhutan of which this fine upstanding man is the present king.

attachicon.gifbhutan.jpg

King Jigme Wangchuk and his Queen Jetsun Pema

Could the drug using prince from Bhutan Nepal be atoning for his BKK transgressions? Maybe?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/nepal-ex-crown-prince-nabbed-thailand-article-1.1868664

attachicon.gifnepal prince.jpg

Paras Shah

Yes , you are correct, I thought I,d have a go a Bhutan, for kicking out 200,000 people, but in my haste I have shown myself to be, not on to it. Quickly looked in google to find any way to salvage my line, and all I could get was the exiled 200,000.