adrbiker?

BKKBike09

Anyone had any dealings with these guys?

https://www.facebook.com/adrbiker

They reckon they can get the Yoshi exhaust (R77) I want for my Yam FZ09 in a couple of weeks, as opposed to a couple of months through Dirt Shop. Price for the full system with carbon muffler is 36,000 (DS is 33,900 but for the stainless muffler).

The carbon muffler system is about US$ 800 ex USA and that's without shipping, so 36,000 is a good price for LOS.

Have you thought about ordering online?

Not sure this is for the model year of your bike but at only 734$, it's a good price. Even with shipping and customs, it should work out cheaper than buying locally.

http://www.motostarz.com/yoshimura-r77-stainless-steel-full-exhaust-systems-for-2014-yamaha-fz-09.html

I buy all my parts online. There's no choice in Thailand and the prices are outrageous.

Edited by H1w4yR1da

^ Thanks - yes I've looked online and in fact the same system is also available through solomotoparts for $715 (stainless) and $795 (carbon).

http://www.solomotoparts.com/Yoshimura-R-77-Full-Exhaust-for-FZ-09-14/

But once you add in shipping at around US$ 115 it's around $900 for the carbon. That's almost THB 29,000 before you factor in taxes and if you get hit for 30% import + 7% VAT then the price is almost THB 40,000. So if these guys here can sell me the full Carbon system for THB 36,000 it's a good deal for LOS. Anyway I've paid a deposit so let's see what happens ...

^ Thanks - yes I've looked online and in fact the same system is also available through solomotoparts for $715 (stainless) and $795 (carbon).

http://www.solomotoparts.com/Yoshimura-R-77-Full-Exhaust-for-FZ-09-14/

But once you add in shipping at around US$ 115 it's around $900 for the carbon. That's almost THB 29,000 before you factor in taxes and if you get hit for 30% import + 7% VAT then the price is almost THB 40,000. So if these guys here can sell me the full Carbon system for THB 36,000 it's a good deal for LOS. Anyway I've paid a deposit so let's see what happens ...

Yeah, there's always a chance that you'll get hit with the full whack of import duties but it often depends on the discretion of the individual official.

I've known riders to have imported full systems (albeit Termignoni) with almost no duty applied. But best not to chance it, I guess.

Edited by H1w4yR1da

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update ...

ADRBiker rang me yesterday to say the exhaust has arrived, so that's around two weeks from ordering to delivery. Now to pick it up and fit it.

I also went over to the shop last weekend just to see if it all looked kosher. Shop is small but is indeed where it says it is (in a small soi just off Wongwianyai).

• Like 1

Quick update ...

ADRBiker rang me yesterday to say the exhaust has arrived, so that's around two weeks from ordering to delivery. Now to pick it up and fit it.

I also went over to the shop last weekend just to see if it all looked kosher. Shop is small but is indeed where it says it is (in a small soi just off Wongwianyai).

cool man, we expect photos and a video possibly or it did not happen:)

isnt it '320 sp' at small Soi at Wong Wian Yai?

Edited by ll2

Fitted the Yoshi yesterday. Beautiful piece of kit. About 4 kg lighter than the stock system. Sounds fantastic although it's rather loud … Haven't tried with the DB killer in because it came supplied with the wrong bolt (should be 6x25 but bizarrely came with 6x10).

Good job by ADRBiker. They must have some good connections somewhere because it was air freighted in and the price I paid was I'd say at least 4,000 less than I reckon I'd have paid if I'd shipped it in myself.

post-212467-0-38878700-1412505300_thumb.

• Like 2