Suvarnabhumi Airport - Taxi from Departures

Finlaco

Hi

For various reasons I’d prefer to avoid the taxi stand at Suvarnabhumi Airport. Anyone recently (within last fortnight) managed to get a taxi from the Departure Zone and if so, how did you do it? As far as I know they now block direct access from Arrivals.

Thanks guys

For the guys who live on TV

– I know its only a THB50 surcharge (that’s not the issue)

– I know there’s a train (that wasn’t the question)

– I know you can’t understand why someone would want to do this (that’s not my issue)

• Like 1

I have taken a taxi from the departure level since they installed the gates, but it hasn't been in the last couple of months. I'm not sure if anything has changed, but I was able to easily go through the one-way gate and get a taxi that had just dropped off a passenger.

Many years ago, when I was traveling in and out a bunch, I use to do this. Until one day the police stopped the taxi. I couldn't get out until the "negotiations" were over. Cost me some 45 minutes of sitting in the back of the taxi. And I was worried they'd go after me. They didn't. After that, I never did it again. I pre-arrange a taxi service so I don't have to wait in the queue. It's also a cheaper option.

As this is not legal, it's best we close this topic. Best of luck.

Topic Closed.