British backpacker arrested for suspected murder of fellow Britons at Koh Tao

webfact

and if they only wanted your wife, or daughter, then what?

I've no idea what your point is. My original post was that it's pure speculation that the victims placed themselves in harms way by heading to an isolated dark beach, to have sex or otherwise. If a determined mafia group above the law wants me dead, I don't think it matters how careful or not I am. Statements like 'to be fair they shouldn't have gone to that beach, drunk at night after fighting in a bar' have no value.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to the person who debated the darkness factor of the beach, playing a role in concealing the crime,

I now agree.

I went to the beach tonight for dinner, and I found it, tonight, to be unusually dark at 8pm,

now granted there was no moon light at that time, and, I couldn't see anything past 60-90 feet away

given the rocks and from the pictures I have seen of the crime scene, a decline,

there may not have been any light there to speak of at all.

I stand self corrected with a polite push

You're on Koh Tao?

I have now read 23 pages of posts, with all this information, he is my synopsis of the facts.

2 people, a man and a woman, both British have been murdered.

End of post.

Can you change that to over 200 pages on many topics related to this horrific incident and only 1 further FACT has emerged:

The RTP have not got a clue.

I have now read 23 pages of posts, with all this information, he is my synopsis of the facts.

End of post.

Can you change that to over 200 pages on many topics related to this horrific incident and only 1 further FACT has emerged:

so are those 500 armchair detectives better or worse then the RTP ?

speculating, typing, keyboard warriors ...

who is gaining from the 200 pages (advertisement shown) of speculation of this horrific murder ?

good business

• Like 1

End of post.

so are those 500 armchair detectives better or worse then the RTP ?

speculating, typing, keyboard warriors ...

who is gaining from the 200 pages (advertisement shown) of speculation of this horrific murder ?

good business

I tell u this

I just talked to thai friends about it, and thier version of the story is even more ridicules, but gives u idea on thier mind set.

They tell that every mountian, beach, jungle got spiritual person, like ghost who look after place, and u cant disrespect him..

So they reckon that ghost did it b cuz they had sex on the beach....

and then they tell me some examples from past where helicopter crashed in jungle, and they could not find it and ghost stories.....

And they dead serious about it, so acording to them, they think it ghost or whatever u call it...

They up to 28 years old, bachelors, living in city...

and people from your country believe that an unemployed carpenter is the son of a god who impregnated his mother! whats your point?

I tell u this

I just talked to thai friends about it, and thier version of the story is even more ridicules, but gives u idea on thier mind set.

They tell that every mountian, beach, jungle got spiritual person, like ghost who look after place, and u cant disrespect him..

and then they tell me some examples from past where helicopter crashed in jungle, and they could not find it and ghost stories.....

And they dead serious about it, so acording to them, they think it ghost or whatever u call it...

and people from your country believe that an unemployed carpenter is the son of a god who impregnated his mother! whats your point?

is there any proof that Jesus worked as a carpenter?

and, Mary was his wife, they had children and fled the area after he was taken off the cross

afterall, 2 days isnt enough time to die on a cross, it generally took over a week

I tell u this

and, Mary was his wife, they had children and fled the area after he was taken off the cross

afterall, 2 days isnt enough time to die on a cross, it generally took over a week

i really dont care what YOU believe, I'm talkin about huge numbers of your countrymen.

I tell u this

i really dont care what YOU believe, I'm talkin about huge numbers of your countrymen.

There was a time when religion held a lot of power in the USA

their day in the limelight, has faded,

but the central americans are all about Jesus, but its not their fault,

they had the heritage of the ancients, it was the Spaniards that destroyed their civilazations and took them away from their pyramids

"Sorry but as you say you are a US native I feel I should ignore all travel advice given by you. (Nice way of saying something)"

LOL What are you insinuating? Yanks don't travel or are not as smart as you to manage to have their own opinions and experiences? You are the be all know it all of travel?

LOL Get off yourself mate.

• Like 1

Well this new BBC report is about as scathing as you can get away for a BBC reporter about the handling of this and other elements of the LOS: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29262496 and there is another where they say the police openly admit they don't know how many people were involved etc. sad.png

Edited by andyIslandMan
  • Like 1

"Sorry but as you say you are a US native I feel I should ignore all travel advice given by you. (Nice way of saying something)"

LOL What are you insinuating? Yanks don't travel or are not as smart as you to manage to have their own opinions and experiences? You are the be all know it all of travel?

LOL Get off yourself mate.

It's "get over yourself", sheesh! laugh.png

I tell u this

In the several days I have been posting on this forum, this is by far the stupidest post I have read.

Based on the sentence I have highlighted, can this post not be removed? - it is that ridiculous and deserves to taken down

I tell u this

In the several days I have been posting on this forum, this is by far the stupidest post I have read.

Based on the sentence I have highlighted, can this post not be removed? - it is that ridiculous and deserves to taken down

The post does not violate any forum rules and it actually gives real insight into the belief systems of the Thai culture.

Who are you to disrespect their belief systems?

• Like 2

So, the man who was killed may not have been walking the girl home? I assumed they left the party together

You are correct. It has been well established that the two victims were known to each other and had been seen together and that he had actually come to her defense earlier in the evening when she was allegedly being harassed by a Thai male.

The only thing that is speculation at this point is if they were having a holiday tryst. Apparently some posters are highly offended at the thought.

• Like 2

So, the man who was killed may not have been walking the girl home? I assumed they left the party together

You are correct. It has been well established that the two victims were known to each other and had been seen together and that he had actually come to her defense earlier in the evening when she was allegedly being harassed by a Thai male.

The only thing that is speculation at this point is if they were having a holiday tryst. Apparently some posters are highly offended at the thought.

Yeah I think the thing some posters are offended at (me inc) is the suggestion they were shagging on the beach - just because its insulting to the girl and her family. The evidence of "intercourse" was not because she was a drunk, promiscuous, disrespectful farang as the Thai media/police want you to believe its because she was FORCED, she was raped!!! its also an insult to the boyfriend's partner back in the UK esp when there is no evidence to suggest otherwise. Its like are 2 young people of a different sex not allowed to become friends in this day and age? Clearly as you say this guy was a gent who stepped in to help her when she was being harassed and walked her home - his friends right from the beginning said they knew he would've been killed for helping in some way as that's how he was.

The 1 thing the evidence shows is that they were both killed on that beach in the most gruesome manner possible and the girl was raped by possibly more than 1 person. That is all we know. Why do people keep talking about them shagging on the beach and being caught?!!! I hate seeing these 2 young beautiful people being tarred in this way.. they are dead.. they died in the worst way possible. give them their dignity.

• Like 1

I tell u this

The post does not violate any forum rules and it actually gives real insight into the belief systems of the Thai culture.

Yes, you're quite right, if people believe that ghosts are genuinely responsible for murders involving garden hoes, DNA samples, and weapon wounds, then we should listen to them, and take them 100% seriously.

• Like 1

I tell u this

I am guessing that you think that mataleo is making that up because you could not possibly be defending the mongoloid mindset of the city dwellers he refers to.

Perhaps you don't know the Thais. Let me tell you that hoe-wielding ghosts are common in all tourist hotspots in Thailand.

This is why you and others should be taking your tourist bucks elsewhere in future.

I tell u this

Yes, you're quite right, if people believe that ghosts are genuinely responsible for murders involving garden hoes, DNA samples, and weapon wounds, then we should listen to them, and take them 100% seriously.

Yeh. I wasn't joking.

They think its possible. And i tried politely say its BS. But they keep repeating same thing. And try give me proves that gosts did it before...

I tell u this

I am guessing that you think that mataleo is making that up because you could not possibly be defending the mongoloid mindset of the city dwellers he refers to.

Perhaps you don't know the Thais. Let me tell you that hoe-wielding ghosts are common in all tourist hotspots in Thailand.

This is why you and others should be taking your tourist bucks elsewhere in future.

I swear i didn't made that up

Whether they believe it or not, I don't think it has any relevance to the thread, ghosts are not involved in this crime... save the stories about them for round the campfire.

How its not revelant if thats thais who think it could be ghost. It happend in thailand.

For us its crazy but for them not so much.

• Like 2

There was a time when religion held a lot of power in the USA

their day in the limelight, has faded,

but the central americans are all about Jesus, but its not their fault,

they had the heritage of the ancients, it was the Spaniards that destroyed their civilazations and took them away from their pyramids

faded in the usa?? lol

Whether they believe it or not, I don't think it has any relevance to the thread, ghosts are not involved in this crime... save the stories about them for round the campfire.

How its not revelant if thats thais who think it could be ghost. It happend in thailand.

For us its crazy but for them not so much.

what your friends think about ghosts doing it has nothing to do with the murder or its investigation. its just one more attempt to to bash thais and demonstrate how these silly superstitious thais are obviously inferior to the sophisticated westerners.

Edited by AYJAYDEE

"what your friends think about ghosts doing it has nothing to do with the murder or its investigation. its just one more attempt to to bash thais and demonstrate how these silly superstitious thais are obviously inferior to the sophisticated westerners".

I think the comment is of interest since it is local Thais who could be hoped might provide some leads. And as Mataloe stated "it happened in Thailand."