British backpacker arrested for suspected murder of fellow Britons at Koh Tao

webfact

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Daily Mail......................"Yesterday Gen Prayut called for a quick resolution to the case as it was tarnishing his country’s image. As well as mentioning the perpetrators of the attack, he also singled out the behaviour of the two tourists."

It's so nice to see Mr. Prime Minister lay blame on the victims and worry about Thailand's image. What a joker.xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.tVTSNn-2vr.png

• Like 1

I don't give a damn of the nationality of the killer or the reputation of Thailand.

What I want is the real killer to be found for the sakes of the families of those kids and the sakes of other people being killed by the same murderer.

I believe you. I agree with you. I said this in my only post on the subject shortly after the first news report. Unfortunately, so many MANY of the Official Thai Visa Committee On Picking Up The White Man's Burden don't agree with you. They have lost face. Oh my. They were posting from Minute 1 about the nasty, violent Thais. Yeah, well, this is a horrible crime whoever did it, and white people do this stuff, too. Whoever did it must pay, along with any helpers/enablers.

I had a problem right from the start with both Thais and Burmese doing this particular, horrible crime - because they had no motive to do what was done. This poor couple had no valuables to steal, weren't in anyone's face, didn't cause any ruckus. The only possible motive seems to be a kind of jealousy, a "crime of passion" as they say.

The stupid people - and they ARE stupid - who immediately piled not only on the Thais but Thailand - will they have the grace to be contrite? Is the Pope a Muslim?

Mate a Thai on a two day Yabba or Ice bender is more than capable of doing this in a moment of drug induced madness

Obviously there are no Foreigners out here who would be daft enough to go on a two day Yabba or Ice bender only Thais?

• Like 1

I don't give a damn of the nationality of the killer or the reputation of Thailand.

What I want is the real killer to be found for the sakes of the families of those kids and the sakes of other people being killed by the same murderer.

I believe you. I agree with you. I said this in my only post on the subject shortly after the first news report. Unfortunately, so many MANY of the Official Thai Visa Committee On Picking Up The White Man's Burden don't agree with you. They have lost face. Oh my. They were posting from Minute 1 about the nasty, violent Thais. Yeah, well, this is a horrible crime whoever did it, and white people do this stuff, too. Whoever did it must pay, along with any helpers/enablers.

I had a problem right from the start with both Thais and Burmese doing this particular, horrible crime - because they had no motive to do what was done. This poor couple had no valuables to steal, weren't in anyone's face, didn't cause any ruckus. The only possible motive seems to be a kind of jealousy, a "crime of passion" as they say.

The stupid people - and they ARE stupid - who immediately piled not only on the Thais but Thailand - will they have the grace to be contrite? Is the Pope a Muslim?

Mate a Thai on a two day Yabba or Ice bender is more than capable of doing this in a moment of drug induced madness

Obviously there are no Foreigners out here who would be daft enough to go on a two day Yabba or Ice bender only Thais?

I didn't think i needed to mention that....as it was a given.

I'm totally confused, thanks for media news and police communication.

And this guy how could find a hoe which is an ordinary instrument in nationwide TH murders?

Edited by Loles

I didn't think i needed to mention that....as it was a given.

You started with "Mate a Thai" and never mentioned other nationalities so forgive me for thinking you did not include other nationalities. Edited by angiud
Quotes fixed

Curiously enough (and mildly coincidentally) Britain has not had the problems that other nations have had with Meth. Our addictions tend to be heroin, speed and cocaine based. Crack pretty much passed us by and so has crystal meth. Bizarre really when you consider how much like the Yanks the majority of Britain seem to want to be!

Is "Speed" not meth? Dont keep up with it all. Ice I believe is a bit different. However none of it turns out to be fun in the end. Edited by angiud
Quotes fixed

I wonder if he knew them and gained their trust to get them alone and off guard?

I think it's something like 90% of people murdered knew the killer beforehand. That could be anything from a family member to someone they had a few drinks with before hand.

It's a terrible case and hopefully justice is brought on the right person(s) and the others that have been dragged in can get out of their Thai nightmare

• Like 1

Contrite ? As in - "feeling or expressing remorse or penitence; affected by guilt" ?

The stupid people you refer to would not have either the style, class or balls to feel contrite.

• Like 1

Is "Speed" not meth? Dont keep up with it all. Ice I believe is a bit different. However none of it turns out to be fun in the end.

Cleaned up the quotes there. Meth is effectively "purified" speed. Speed is to Meth what Cocaine is to Crack. Speed is, as I know from personal experience, mildly addictive. Meth, on the other hand, is massively addictive.

Some drugs do turn out to be fun. It is very much like alcohol. Lao Kao being necked vs a fine single malt savoured over the course of time.

• Like 2

UPDATE:

Thailand murders: Two British men to be questioned

(BBC) Police investigating the murders of two British tourists in Thailand have said two Britons are "possible suspects" and will face questioning.

Hannah Witheridge, 23, and David Miller, 24, were found dead on a beach on the island of Koh Tao on Monday.

Two British men who spent time with the victims in the days before they died are now in "police care" in Bangkok.

Police said the men had not been formally detained or arrested but had been prevented from leaving Thailand.

BBC south-east Asia correspondent Jonathan Head said the men were believed to be brothers and were stopped at Bangkok International Airport as they prepared to leave the country.

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29234138

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-09-17

This is a smokescreen by the police, either to reduce the pressure on them by announcing the arrest of a "suspect", anyone just to feed the press or a deliberate attempt to send the investigation up the wrong alley whilst any evidence pointing to the real killer is destroyed or corrupted or forgotten about. There is a lot of money made on Koh Tao and it is distributed amongst a small number of families who may not want the real killer exposed.

I guess you were their and know the killer I hope the police talk to you

Am i right in saying that it's unusual that DNA is being used in Thailand?

I am more than aware they have it available but as far as i have read it's not very often you read words like, "DNA will be used to help find the cause of this....." In fact, outwith the Tsunami i can't ever recall reading about it being used or am i miles out here?

• Like 1

Are we actually any further down the line in having a clue about this?

The couple were murdered. The woman may or may not have been raped. The guy may or may not have been raped. Not sure this has been confirmed

The migrant workers have iPhones of the victims? Duh, that's nothing, you find an iPhone then you keep it. Something about blond hair? The girl has blond hair. Women's hair gets everywhere. I take clothes out the drawer and my girlfriend's hair is bloody on them, never get rid of it!!

I don't see the connection for this lad that's been pictured? He is apparently gay (so?) He was jealous (of what?)

I can imagine backpackers getting into arguements with each other but the whole blugeoning to death doesn't feel very 'backpacker-y' to me though but hey, who knows

I think they're busy naming scenarios but all we have is a bloody hoe and grainy CCTV footage?

• Like 1