British backpacker arrested for suspected murder of fellow Britons at Koh Tao

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I've seen the actual, uncensored, crime scene photos. The male had been stripped of clothes and the back of his head had at least three very bad, deep, wide fractures. The female was lying spread eagled and her face was severely stoved in. It seems to me that they were having sex at the time of the assault. The ineptitude of the Thai police in securing the crime scene for even the slightest shred of evidence is shocking. The crime scene was completely contaminated.

How can you tell that from the pictures you saw? Were they taken before or after forensic examination?

Collating evidence from a double murder scene can be time consuming for any SOC officer. The Thai police wrapped those two up within hours. Had this happened in the UK the bodies may have remained for at least two days for the police to collect any form of evidence.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish when something like this happens they'd immediately invite the British to rush some of their best people to aid in the investigation.

If nothing else it would show concern, and also prove transparency in the investigation.

Thailand is lacking in forscenics so I doubt the UK plod could do much.

Elementary my dear Watson,

Death rate of Britons in Thailand = 10x Death rate of Britons in Spain = Thailand a dangerous place for Britons.

How does the murder rate compare though?

Irrelevant comparison as Thailand routinely announces suicide or accident where the rest of the world announces murder.

Comparing the whole death toll from any cause avoids this manipulation.

(Unless you believe foreigners in Thailand are more suicidal than foreigners in Spain, feel free to substitute 'suicidal' with elderly/accident victims/etc.)

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

I really wish when something like this happens they'd immediately invite the British to rush some of their best people to aid in the investigation.

If nothing else it would show concern, and also prove transparency in the investigation.

Thailand is lacking in forscenics so I doubt the UK plod could do much.

Seem to remember satellite tv programme about how good the head forensic investigator in Thailand was. Unfortunately for you macho guys happened to be a woman.

• Like 1

I have now read 23 pages of posts, with all this information, he is my synopsis of the facts.

2 people, a man and a woman, both British have been murdered.

End of post.

propably by brits,

and any one claimed Thailand and their people and their behavier to be responsible for this !

What I am really upset about apart from the crimes themselves, is how on earth did graphic pictures of the victims and the murder weapon get put up on the internet?

Is this from the police or passersby?

Rescue service and police took photos and yes posted them on their personal facebooks.

Some of the police facebooks have been deleted because people reported them to FB.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

All very simple, Watson, if the bloodstains found on the suspect,s clothes found in his luggage match either of the victims, and if his DNA matches with that found in the discarded condom, then there is an extremely strong chance that he is guilty. One strange thing though, who would go to the trouble of using a condom under these circumstances, and then discard it nearby ?

The condom might be from the victims. That being said it is not unheard of a rapist using a condom. Though this seems more of rage killing.

Irrelevant comparison as Thailand routinely announces suicide or accident where the rest of the world announces murder.

Comparing the whole death toll from any cause avoids this manipulation.

(Unless you believe foreigners in Thailand are more suicidal than foreigners in Spain, feel free to substitute 'suicidal' with elderly/accident victims/etc.)

Fair point, i now agree with you :)

• Like 1

The only thing I can't understand is if the two ''suspects'' being held were lifelong friends with Mr.Miller, why would they be leaving the country so quickly..??

If it was my mate I wouldn't be going anywhere.

If they have no more evidence to give and so can't help in anyway I can understand them wanting to be home.

After that I might want to spend time with family and close friends back home.

• Like 1

I noted no mention of names when the police arrested the three migrant workers but they are very quick to mention a Brit that they have arrested, he could have nothing to do with the murder but already his name is tarnished . I suppose that is why they call it " Amazing Thailand " my thought and prayers are with the families of the deceased.

An average of two murders per year, seems safer here than in the UK where last year there were over 500 murders.

Thailand has one of the world's highest per-capita murder rates – when the UN last counted it in 2000, it stood at 5,140 per year, though the annual total is now speculated to be more than 6,000.

(aren't you alway the one insisting on comparing like with like, here we are comparing deaths of foreign visitors of 1 nationality)

360 British died in Thailand in the last 12 months. Up to you how you believe they died.

But anyway you look at it, you are 10x more likely to die visiting Thailand than you are visiting Spain.

(If you are British)

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

winnerinsix, on 17 Sept 2014 - 15:11, said:winnerinsix, on 17 Sept 2014 - 15:11, said:

Terrible Terrible crime....

I am a little bemused by some of the comments here. To put in perspective, we currently have a govt, who's stated #1 objective is to get on top of corruption... And they appear to be all powerful at the moment... To me it appears, the vast majority of TV posters support that Govt.... Yet, many posters are talking about police corruption.... seriously? You can't have it both ways...

I think in this case, if we think logically, the fact that there was no robbery of phones or cash, kinda, to me anyway, points the finger of blame away from a local or a poor construction worker... There would be no motive whatsoever. I have thought, because of the lack of a robbery, that a farang was more than likely involved.... I thought maybe jilted lover... Tho, the revelations this afternoon are quite bizarre... maybe the person in custody is nuts? who knows? DNA will prove one way or the other if he has any involvement in this horrible crime... poor bloody kids...

Only yesterday, 16 Sept., my wife went to the cops in Bangkok, to get a clearance in order to apply for a visa...guess what dodo, the cop first asked for paperwork that's not needed, eg my birth certificate, my passport, then said for 4500 baht he would overlook it...she argued and got it down to 2500... the cheeky sod then gave her his card so if she knew anyone else who needed a clearance, they can call him... oh yes, the junta might be in charge, but corruption rules.

I had a similar situation at the Visa office, I had forgotten a document and the Immigration guy, said if I gave him 4,000 baht he would overlook it ???? Bad or,what... I,refused and went back home for,the correct documentation, he was not happy and was rude as hell after that....

• Like 2

The only thing I can't understand is if the two ''suspects'' being held were lifelong friends with Mr.Miller, why would they be leaving the country so quickly..??

If it was my mate I wouldn't be going anywhere.

From what ive read the boys were due to return to the UK on Tuesday flights. detained at swampy for london bound flights. It does not sound like they were fleeing because the UK police would be ready to intercept in london anyway.

There are so many backtracks and messy reporting here it is impossible to seperate BS from fact.

bloodstained pants found in Davids luggage ? again this makes little sense being the victim other than maybe a plant, which I wouldnt put past the realms of possibility.

Wil have to wait and see but so far this investigation is hopelessly inept and is beginning to stink something rotten.

• Like 1

Apparently in the Thai language news the blood stained clothes were hidden in his luggage, also the guy had been raped too plus the girl had blonde hair in her hands, it's going to get interesting now for sure

Surely the police will by now have semen samples from the rape. And why did this guy flee on the very first ferry in the morning. He will find out all about rape when he gets to Bangkok Hilton. coffee1.gif

As his friend pointed out a few pages back he didn't flee. He went to meet his brother and has since been helping the police with their investigation.

Agree

All I know is that Thailand is a huge country geographically. From that island to Bangkok is some considerable distance requiring different modes of travel and I certainly would want an early start. Don't know what time the next ferry would be, so, I take the word of the friend at this stage. Anyway, setting out at 6am in a warm country is not unusual.

Let's hope there's more genuine evidence than ' seen strolling near the scene ', I presume if it's him he was strolling before and not after the crime.

They have found a bloodstain on his clothes but wasn't he already interviewed and allowed to go and the stain wasn't seen then ?

I'm not saying he's innocent but the BIB get everything arse for elbow and it raises doubt especially when told from the very top to get it solved ' yesterday '.

He left the island on a 6:30 am ferry and was not interviewed as the murder was discovered after he left. The Thai news already reported yesterday that he also had scratches on him. DNA will rap up this case.