Prayuth rules out forming a political party

webfact

All the knockers out in force I see. IMHO heis better than we have seen recently, he wants to sort out the problems that have been festering for your years, well I think we should give him that chance. In a year or so time there will be an election, he will have re set the rules for the country, then I hope all the players will respect the new rules, whatever they are and behave in a way we are more used to. As for Prayuth, he says its a tiring job, that I understand, time then for him to go and put his feet up and retire, like us, if I am wrong about my hopes in 3 or 4 years time the rallies will be on the streets again and we dont really want to see that again do we?

You think these knockers care about all this. Those one-line heroes are only interested in saying stupid things.They are not interested in any kind of argument/debate. If you ask them to clarify their extreme stance, most of the time they will disappear. They must be very frustrated and surely don't give a s..t about Thailand and its people.

Maybe that is because Prayuth has made it illegal for the "knockers" to criticise him and his coup?

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Complete rubbish, how are your clan able to bash the PM without a visit??? How is it that the press criticized the PM for the microphones, or the Bikini remark--or or or. Difference here is----the PM trying to right the country has people shouting get out dictators-- your not elected--armies are no good to rule--Junta--coup--Your lousy at human rights ??? all this is not needed, hence the reasons for some shut up -words.

If therefore you disapprove use the Constructive criticism method it is approved by the PM--IT IS CALLED FEEDBACK. not your style, this is why majority of posters oppose you.

The PM is trying to be open with the people and is open with his agenda for how he is going about his clean up.

Edited by ginjag

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally the general said something I agree with and that is he has no interest in forming a party

As for waiting for an invitation from the US or any other country that condemned your actions well you can just forget that.

Get on with the job and let the people decide next year who they would like to lead them.

I quite like his quotes on bikinis and rings though.Very insightful.

All the knockers out in force I see. IMHO heis better than we have seen recently, he wants to sort out the problems that have been festering for your years, well I think we should give him that chance. In a year or so time there will be an election, he will have re set the rules for the country, then I hope all the players will respect the new rules, whatever they are and behave in a way we are more used to. As for Prayuth, he says its a tiring job, that I understand, time then for him to go and put his feet up and retire, like us, if I am wrong about my hopes in 3 or 4 years time the rallies will be on the streets again and we dont really want to see that again do we?

You think these knockers care about all this. Those one-line heroes are only interested in saying stupid things.They are not interested in any kind of argument/debate. If you ask them to clarify their extreme stance, most of the time they will disappear. They must be very frustrated and surely don't give a s..t about Thailand and its people.

Maybe that is because Prayuth has made it illegal for the "knockers" to criticise him and his coup?

Complete rubbish, how are your clan able to bash the PM without a visit??? How is it that the press criticized the PM for the microphones, or the Bikini remark--or or or. Difference here is----the PM trying to right the country has people shouting get out dictators-- your not elected--armies are no good to rule--Junta--coup--Your lousy at human rights ??? all this is not needed, hence the reasons for some shut up -words.

If therefore you disapprove use the Constructive criticism method it is approved by the PM--IT IS CALLED FEEDBACK. not your style, this is why majority of posters oppose you.

The PM is trying to be open with the people and is open with his agenda for how he is going about his clean up.

I am able to bash the PM without a visit because I am a foreigner, and it would create a serious international incident if I was hauled off for attitude adjustment. Even the Burmese junta only ever dared to deport foreigners.

I am seriously half expecting to be deported and blacklisted, but I don't care because I am in the process of relocating myself and my family.

I think that for Thai people it is a different story. All it takes to be arrested is to read 1984, eat sandwiches or make the Hunger Games salute.

The government of my home country is also shouting "get out dictators" etc. I'm assuming that you think they all need some "attitude adjustment" in incommunicado detention too.

If I made the constructive criticism that military rule is only going to end up polarising the country even more (like it did last time), and to avoid this the best thing to do is to return the country to civilian rule immediately, then my post would be deleted.

I am able to bash the PM without a visit because I am a foreigner, and it would create a serious international incident if I was hauled off for attitude adjustment. Even the Burmese junta only ever dared to deport foreigners.

I am seriously half expecting to be deported and blacklisted, but I don't care because I am in the process of relocating myself and my family.

I think that for Thai people it is a different story. All it takes to be arrested is to read 1984, eat sandwiches or make the Hunger Games salute.

The government of my home country is also shouting "get out dictators" etc. I'm assuming that you think they all need some "attitude adjustment" in incommunicado detention too.

If I made the constructive criticism that military rule is only going to end up polarising the country even more (like it did last time), and to avoid this the best thing to do is to return the country to civilian rule immediately, then my post would be deleted.

I think you made the right decision to relocate yourself. Maybe Thailand isn't the place for. You seem to live in fear, afraid to eat a sandwich.

For sure you are going to find more and more reasons why your decision to move on was the correct one.

Edited by Nickymaster

am I reading from your post you have an attitude problem regarding the PM here and how he is doing well, or is It just thing you have against the intervention. Have a nice re-location to a super democratic area (paradise).

I think you made the right decision to relocate yourself. Maybe Thailand isn't the place for. You seem to live in fear, afraid to eat a sandwich.

For sure you are going to find more and more reasons why your decision to move on was the correct one.

Maybe not re-locating who knows, could be on a name change at TVF.??

Uh-oh

Mr P said he would not mount a coup, then he did. Said he would not be PM, then he did. So we can presume that he will indeed be forming a political party - but not until he has removed Yingluck with Kangaroo courts, because she would easily defeat him in a level playing field.

• Like 2

Uh-oh

Mr P said he would not mount a coup, then he did. Said he would not be PM, then he did. So we can presume that he will indeed be forming a political party - but not until he has removed Yingluck with Kangaroo courts, because she would easily defeat him in a level playing field.

Newish to the TVF, a recruit eh! be cause of the rhetoric, it is posted every day, from the same people.

quote. Yingluck would defeat the PM on a level playing field.------is this a joke ??? she would if shopping for luxury items. Or photo ops after the makeover. come on the PM has chaired more meetings in 3 months than Yingluck did in 3 Years.

Uh-oh

Did he say he would never mount a coup?

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Prayuth-refuses-to-rule-out-a-military-coup-30223147.html

http://news.yahoo.com/thai-army-chief-urges-calm-doesn-39-t-091747388.html

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Edited by Nickymaster

This guy has done nothing but lie and deceive his country and the world since coming in the scene. Do you think he's capable of telling the truth about anything? I sure dont. He's a product of a corrupt and BSing country. Hes not fooling anybody.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Whaaow. A lot of statements. So he lied to everyone since he came to the scene? Any examples of that? Or are you just frustrated?

This guy has done nothing but lie and deceive his country and the world since coming in the scene. Do you think he's capable of telling the truth about anything? I sure dont. He's a product of a corrupt and BSing country. Hes not fooling anybody.

Whaaow. A lot of statements. So he lied to everyone since he came to the scene? Any examples of that? Or are you just frustrated?

He lied:

Said there would be no coup.

Said he would not ever be Prime Minister.

Said he would pursue charges against Suthep.

What makes you think he is capable of telling the truth.

• Like 1

He lied:

Said there would be no coup.

Said he would not ever be Prime Minister.

Said he would pursue charges against Suthep.

What makes you think he is capable of telling the truth.

Uhhhh. You are wrong buddy. Why? because you didn't read what has been said in this thread.

1) he doesn't need a political party, he has total control

2) when he needs a sheen of democracy, he has it lapdog Abhisit

3) he has appropriated the organs of a democratic structure, but rules undemocratically

4) 'reforms', 'fighting corruption", and 'reconciliation' are just smoke and mirrors under this regime.

The media continue to pretend that the above is not true. They continue to treat events as if the NLA creates legislation and that their votes count for something. They lap up the crumbs of 'attacking corruption' propaganda and continue to believe that the military can clean up corruption!

It's so out of whack that the General can even make complete tongue-in-cheek statements like this one:

'Prayuth said he did not come to power by a military coup, but rather he "came in to help a government that couldn't function", before he jokingly asked, "that sounds better, doesn't it?"'

And the media just dutifully reprints it as if he is not having a giant laugh at the expense of the entire country.

No, he doesn't need a political party of his own. But depending on how long his mission takes and how long he wants to stay in power, you can watch him mimic many of General Prem's moves from the 80's - which would be appropriate for a military dinosaur that hasn't joined the 21st century yet.

• Like 2

3) he has appropriated the organs of a democratic structure, but rules undemocratically

4) 'reforms', 'fighting corruption", and 'reconciliation' are just smoke and mirrors under this regime.

The media continue to pretend that the above is not true. They continue to treat events as if the NLA creates legislation and that their votes count for something. They lap up the crumbs of 'attacking corruption' propaganda and continue to believe that the military can clean up corruption!

It's so out of whack that the General can even make complete tongue-in-cheek statements like this one:

'Prayuth said he did not come to power by a military coup, but rather he "came in to help a government that couldn't function", before he jokingly asked, "that sounds better, doesn't it?"'

And the media just dutifully reprints it as if he is not having a giant laugh at the expense of the entire country.

No, he doesn't need a political party of his own. But depending on how long his mission takes and how long he wants to stay in power, you can watch him mimic many of General Prem's moves from the 80's - which would be appropriate for a military dinosaur that hasn't joined the 21st century yet.

As usual you forgot the 'IMHO' or in your case more likely the 'IMO'

BTW this government has nothing to do with democracy. As such to state it's undemocratic is similar to stating the chaps seem to like green.

Anyway, lots of speculation and one more year to go.

Of course, most obstruction seems to come from TVF posters, but they don't count anyway. As long as the NRC get's sufficient input and cooperation to formulate reforms acceptable by most Thais the general elections can be late 2015. If there's insufficient input to formulate reforms agreeable to most Thais, the NRC has to admit failure and the NCPO/NLA has to decide how to proceed. One thing should be clear though without reforms agreeable to most Thais the NCPO will stay to make sure the country doesn't disintegrate. Some here seem to like that idea though.

IMHO

Edited by rubl

BTW this government has nothing to do with democracy. As such to state it's undemocratic is similar to stating the chaps seem to like green.

Of course, most obstruction seems to come from TVF posters, but they don't count anyway. As long as the NRC get's sufficient input and cooperation to formulate reforms acceptable by most Thais the general elections can be late 2015. If there's insufficient input to formulate reforms agreeable to most Thais, the NRC has to admit failure and the NCPO/NLA has to decide how to proceed. One thing should be clear though without reforms agreeable to most Thais the NCPO will stay to make sure the country doesn't disintegrate. Some here seem to like that idea though.

IMHO

you seem to have difficulty differentiating between opinion and fact.

he has total control: fact

when he needs a party, he has the democrats (with Abhisit at this time): fact, in fact, he's already put them in power once.

he has appropriated the organs of a democratic structure for his Junta: fact

reconciliation is smoke: fact, look at the people called in for attitude adjusting, 90% red shirts and academics. Look at new LM cases. Look at the treatment of a lone

fighting corruption is a mirror - how many generals are directors at thai companies? What happened with that Thai military airship recently, what about the 5%++ increase to the military budget for a country that has no serious external threats? Let's not even delve into history a few years old or look at the last 5 or 6 decades.

reforms, well this one might actually be true if you consider that the reform plan of the junta is to provide a permanent advantage to the (anti-)democrat party and their military/elite backers, then yes, that kind of reform, via a hand-picked NLA and NRC with an interim constitution that provides the Junta complete control, not to mention guarantees the junta to have the final word on any new constitution, could actually be real and not smoke and mirrors.

so you are free to have your own opinion and also free to live in your own fantasy world. I prefer to face the reality of Thailand today, as ugly as that is.

• Like 1

Seems some people here really dont like others having a different opinion from them. No need to act like children tho.

Gone native much ? whistling.gif

Just accept people are entitled to form their own opinion and it could well be you who is being stupid and mistaken in your views... I do

PS "this is not a coup"

• Like 2

IMHO

when he needs a party, he has the democrats (with Abhisit at this time): fact, in fact, he's already put them in power once.

reconciliation is smoke: fact, look at the people called in for attitude adjusting, 90% red shirts and academics. Look at new LM cases. Look at the treatment of a lone

fighting corruption is a mirror - how many generals are directors at thai companies? What happened with that Thai military airship recently, what about the 5%++ increase to the military budget for a country that has no serious external threats? Let's not even delve into history a few years old or look at the last 5 or 6 decades.

reforms, well this one might actually be true if you consider that the reform plan of the junta is to provide a permanent advantage to the (anti-)democrat party and their military/elite backers, then yes, that kind of reform, via a hand-picked NLA and NRC with an interim constitution that provides the Junta complete control, not to mention guarantees the junta to have the final word on any new constitution, could actually be real and not smoke and mirrors.

so you are free to have your own opinion and also free to live in your own fantasy world. I prefer to face the reality of Thailand today, as ugly as that is.

You remind me of the folks a few decades ago, those who'd "rather be dead than red". Meaningful, open discussions were always a bit difficult.

You state 'facts', but somehow they seem to be 'your' facts and may only apply partially if at all. You also tend to minimise what could be a good fact, but against your beliefs.

It would seem you are the one who lives in a phantasy world of his choosing. A world were all others are wrong, were all others never ever speak a true word, were obviously and clear for all to see only you are right. Well, you're welcome to your world, but don't expect me to join.

So, PM Prayuth rules out forming a political party. Mind you, there are others near him who probably will. Even the previous coup leader Gen. Sonthi had his own political party, gained one seat in 2011 and even joined the Pheu Thai in their 'coalition' government. Mind you, maybe because he knew he'd get a chance to vote in favour for a blanket amnesty and he wanted to make double sure rolleyes.gif

Edited by rubl

Seems some people here really dont like others having a different opinion from them. No need to act like children tho.

Just accept people are entitled to form their own opinion and it could well be you who is being stupid and mistaken in your views... I do

PS "this is not a coup"

True, true.

The problem starts when some present their opinion as facts.

PS this isn't a coup either, just a Dutch uncle at it. Free and often unwanted, unappreciated advise. I wonder if I could skype-in into the cabinet meetings, now that the high-tech multi-media conference system has been taken out again. rolleyes.gif

PS "this is not a coup"

Sadly, "really don't like others having a different opinion" is incorrect. More like 'Puce with rage and would be delighted to hear of those who would dare disagree with them being sentenced to hang, quite literally.'

IMHO

You remind me of the folks a few decades ago, those who'd "rather be dead than red". Meaningful, open discussions were always a bit difficult.

You state 'facts', but somehow they seem to be 'your' facts and may only apply partially if at all. You also tend to minimise what could be a good fact, but against your beliefs.

It would seem you are the one who lives in a phantasy world of his choosing. A world were all others are wrong, were all others never ever speak a true word, were obviously and clear for all to see only you are right. Well, you're welcome to your world, but don't expect me to join.

So, PM Prayuth rules out forming a political party. Mind you, there are others near him who probably will. Even the previous coup leader Gen. Sonthi had his own political party, gained one seat in 2011 and even joined the Pheu Thai in their 'coalition' government. Mind you, maybe because he knew he'd get a chance to vote in favour for a blanket amnesty and he wanted to make double sure rolleyes.gif

Hmmm, last I heard, denying the existence of known facts did not make them go away.

You can say that the supreme commander/PM/Junta leader doesn't have complete control, but that doesn't make it go away.

You can say that democrats are not the political party of the Junta/elite regime, but that doesn't make it true.

You can say that he hasn't appropriated the organs of a democratic structure undemocratically, but that doesn't make is correct.

You can say that General PM is focused on reconciliation, but one-sided political persecution doesn't support that position.

So go ahead and live in denial. You can say what you want about me - that doesn't change the reality of Thailand today.

IMHO

Hmmm, last I heard, denying the existence of known facts did not make them go away.

You can say that the supreme commander/PM/Junta leader doesn't have complete control, but that doesn't make it go away.

You can say that democrats are not the political party of the Junta/elite regime, but that doesn't make it true.

You can say that he hasn't appropriated the organs of a democratic structure undemocratically, but that doesn't make is correct.

You can say that General PM is focused on reconciliation, but one-sided political persecution doesn't support that position.

So go ahead and live in denial. You can say what you want about me - that doesn't change the reality of Thailand today.

You could say, but when you re-read my posts you might notice I don't. Actually you might notice I refuse to be drawn into your vision of the reality.

So, go ahead live in your own world of facts which people just must admit or acknowledge otherwise surely they live in their own world of denial.

Now, back to the topic of PM Prayuth ruling out (for now) setting up his own political party.

You could say, but when you re-read my posts you might notice I don't. Actually you might notice I refuse to be drawn into your vision of the reality.

So, go ahead live in your own world of facts which people just must admit or acknowledge otherwise surely they live in their own world of denial.

Now, back to the topic of PM Prayuth ruling out (for now) setting up his own political party.

I read your posts.

I stated four factors why the General does not need to start his own political party - which you will notice was on topic.

Twice you contradicted that statement, so yes, you did essentially say that.

And instead of talking about the general and his declining to start a political party, you simply claim that the facts I state are just opinion.

I would suggest that you are the one off topic - at least in this exchange you have not added anything concrete regarding the junta leader forming or not forming his own political party. It would look like you are the one coming to the table with nothing to say but 'you are wrong'.

I read your posts.

I stated four factors why the General does not need to start his own political party - which you will notice was on topic.

Twice you contradicted that statement, so yes, you did essentially say that.

And instead of talking about the general and his declining to start a political party, you simply claim that the facts I state are just opinion.

I would suggest that you are the one off topic - at least in this exchange you have not added anything concrete regarding the junta leader forming or not forming his own political party. It would look like you are the one coming to the table with nothing to say but 'you are wrong'.

Relax, my dear TB. I did acknowledge you stated facts. I also wonders why those facts were facts rather than just opinion. Plus I wondered why I should or even must accept your facts.

BTW i already wrote a few more posts here, just check them. Some of it you might even like.

Rural areas give full support to the thaksin backed government, next election another thaksin backed party will win. People want him. End of Discussion.

If (and in my opinion it is unlikely) that is allowed to happen, then the day the Thaksin backed party, chosen by the electorate, takes power is the day that the planning for the next coup will begin.

Edited by JAG
  • Like 1

Rural areas give full support to the thaksin backed government, next election another thaksin backed party will win. People want him. End of Discussion.

If (and in my opinion it is unlikely) that is allowed to happen, then the day the Thaksin backed party, chosen by the electorate, takes power is the day that the planning for the next coup will begin.

Why is it unlikely? His sister got elected, poor people love him, he was one of the few blokes that actually cared about people who lived outside BKK. Yep the next coup will be planned, but by that time I think Thailand will be a true democracy. Turkey went through the same era, 4 coups in 50 years, coup free since 1980 now.

am I reading from your post you have an attitude problem regarding the PM here and how he is doing well, or is It just thing you have against the intervention. Have a nice re-location to a super democratic area (paradise).

"How the PM is doing well?" 555 He has been condemned around the world (except for such enlightened souls as the Chinese communists and the Burmese generals). This will only increase the longer the military regime stays in power. Plus the risk of civil war will increase too.

And as soon as there are free and fair elections, then the "Democrats" (or whatever party Prayuth starts if he actually does) are going to get eaten alive, probably worse than they did after the last coup (since this one has been more repressive). And the reds will end up back in power again. Even if every single member of Pheu Thai is banned from politics for life, then the party will just rebuild itself from the ground up like it has before.

So in the long term, he has no viable endgame.

Why is it unlikely? His sister got elected, poor people love him, he was one of the few blokes that actually cared about people who lived outside BKK. Yep the next coup will be planned, but by that time I think Thailand will be a true democracy. Turkey went through the same era, 4 coups in 50 years, coup free since 1980 now.

I cannot share your optimism. The Yellows will force the country to civil war before they accept equality with those they deem subhuman (Isan people etc.).

According to Suthep, they started planning for this one before the election even took place, knowing that they would lose. I see no reason why they wouldn't do so again.