Australia launches anti-terror raids

webfact

Just how bad is it in Oz?

"Within seven months they were talking about detonating a car bomb in Australia, potentially killing dozens. And then, on Tuesday night, the gruesome order came through from the Middle East."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/how-surveillance-may-have-stopped-a-sydney-beheading/story-fni0cx12-1227064478285

It has now come to light the photo of a burka wearing woman, with a weapon, used by Jacqui Lambie (Australian senator) to denigrate Muslims in Australia, after the police raids, was an Afghan female police officer murdered by the Taliban.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-19/jacqui-lambie-ban-the-burka-photo-believed-to-be-policewoman/5757438

What rubbish? Where does Jaqui Lambie 'denigrate' Muslims? Muslims are doing a fine job of that all by themselves. She's merely saying the burka is a security risk, which it obviously is and the photo was used to support that.

Oz definitely needs more politicians like Jacqui Lambie.

“It obviously involves terrorism,’’ the senator said, adding anyone who lived here had to follow our laws “100 per cent”.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/the-burqa-a-security-threat-says-pup-senator-jacqui-lambie/story-fni0cx12-1227065920523?nk=c65879bbbc19b0065e2fcc93ba974d26

We disagree, she's a moron, when challenged she couldn't even explain what is Sharia Law. She is deliberately inflaming tensions, in total contradiction to the policy of the PM and Leader of the Opposition. In addition, again when challenged, she blatantly lied about the photo, it was sourced from a far right website.

She claims her Aboriginal hertitage, says one law for all Australians, yet there is Aboriginal law (Koori Courts) in place. I have nothing against Aborigines, in contradiction to some Australians, but she is an idiot who has made a few truly stupid bogan statements in contradiction to Australia's national interest, not just the current issues with radical Islam.

Love to know her contribution to the formulation of the new legislation being passed in Parliament to address radical Islam in Australia; zero?

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So how do you know who is a part of a terrorist organization? Do they get a membership card? Do they get little punches for acts of violence -- perhaps 1 punch for supplying money, 2 punches for a beheading and the whole card punched for a suicide bombing. Does a spouse get a card (and 1/2 a life sentence)? How about the children, maybe a 1/4?

Most countries probably already have laws that cover these things. They may need to do a little changing and amending of them to fit varying scenarios.

Not just ISIS - any Islamic terrorist group.

Not just any Islamic terrorist group - ANY terrorist group!

Let's include those companies that provide armed"private security contractors", the CIA and other organisations exposed by Snowden and wikileaks.

Isis is abhorrent but they are not alone.

No. I find you hysterical.

She is deliberately inflaming tensions

How, pray do tell, is she inflaming tensions?

Planning to behead infidels in the street?

Gang-raping white Australian girls?

Running off to fight for IS?

Rioting in Australian prisons?

Simply saying the burka should be banned is just common sense in my book.

Let's include those companies that provide armed"private security contractors", the CIA and other organisations exposed by Snowden and wikileaks.

The crazy lefties are out today. Comparing private security contractors to ISIS!!!laugh.pnglaugh.png

• Like 1

I just read in BKP the Aussie IS were transferring funding to Malaysia for terrorist financing - in the region of 23 million dollars. Means a lot of the Muslim community there must have been chipping in for the war effort no? The guys didn't look rich themselves . Funnelling community funds

It was a family owed business of the Oz guy who has been committing acts of terror for IS in Syria. Sum potenially identified for money laundering transfer for supporting terrorism is aprox $9m, that's bad enough, but not $23 million.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/sharrouf-family-firm-shut-over-terror-funding-fears-20140917-10ibh7.html

they been doing this for years no news here.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No. I find you hysterical.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/25079598/terror-group-urges-kill-australians/

I'll keep going then.... and hope you die laughing.

Oz

Edited by ozsamurai

Not just ISIS - any Islamic terrorist group.

Not just any Islamic terrorist group - ANY terrorist group!

Terrorism is pretty well defined -- and IMHO, your are over-stretching.

Just because you happen to not like some group or their actions does not necessarily make them terrorists.

And ISIL want to heat things up.

The Islamic State terrorist group has called on its supporters to kill soldiers and civilians in Australia, the US and Europe. ABC

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/25079898/islamic-state-militant-group-calls-on-supporters-to-kill-australians-in-any-possible-way/

The Jihadist groups say they love death more than we love life. Issuing these communications just cements the will to fulfill their desire.

Do not understand why government and media broadcast verbatim Jihadist messages.

The crazy lefties are out today. Comparing private security contractors to ISIS!!!laugh.pnglaugh.png

Oh my mistake.... Perhaps you prefer the term "mercenary". And yes, they are evil too.

A TERROR suspect who allegedly made threats against Prime Minister Tony Abbott has been shot dead by police tonight after stabbing a Victoria Police officer and federal agent.

http://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/man-shot-dead-two-counterterrorism-officers-stabbed-outside-endeavour-hills-police-station/story-fnii5sms-1227068293410

Without knowing the details, it must be some kind of achievement managing knife strikes on two CT officers before being taken out

It's not hard at all believe me. You can do a lot of damage with a knife an 3 seconds.

A TERROR suspect who allegedly made threats against Prime Minister Tony Abbott has been shot dead by police tonight after stabbing a Victoria Police officer and federal agent.

http://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/man-shot-dead-two-counterterrorism-officers-stabbed-outside-endeavour-hills-police-station/story-fnii5sms-1227068293410

The Islamic Council of Victoria was disappointed with the police reaction.

"I thought it was a bit preempitive," the council's Ghaith Krayem told Ross and John.

"The police have come out very clearly and almost said it was all the young man's fault."

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/breaking-news-blog/teen-killed-by-stabbed-police/20140923-3gfsi.html

We disagree, she's a moron, when challenged she couldn't even explain what is Sharia Law.

Well that's another apology' she's a moron so does not count, a lot of Muslims are morons and often due to interbreeding. I can guarantee if you asked 100 Muslims anywhere to recite what sharia law was they would not be able to. Do you think this guy was a moron, or what's the excuse for this Islamic would be murderer, and just where do you think he got his motivation from, the readers digest?

Teen terror suspect planned to behead police and wrap the bodies in the Islamic State flag before posting the images on social media -

39/BREAKING-Man-shot-dead-counter-terrorism-police-making-threats-against-Tony-Abbott.html

Edited by jacky54

We disagree, she's a moron, when challenged she couldn't even explain what is Sharia Law.

Well that's another apology' she's a moron so does not count, a lot of Muslims are morons and often due to interbreeding. I can guarantee if you asked 100 Muslims anywhere to recite what sharia law was they would not be able to. Do you think this guy was a moron, or what's the excuse for this Islamic would be murderer, and just where do you think he got his motivation from, the readers digest?

Teen terror suspect planned to behead police and wrap the bodies in the Islamic State flag before posting the images on social media -

39/BREAKING-Man-shot-dead-counter-terrorism-police-making-threats-against-Tony-Abbott.html

The Police have been excused of using excessive force and the do gooders are saying they only assumed the kid wanted to kill them and there is no evidence that was his intention. Bloody idiots wait unti he kills you before you shoot.

All Victorian Police have now been told to be on high alert as reprisals are expected.

Lambie is a Federal Senator. If she comments in the public domain she must be able to articulate at least a basic understanding for Sharia Law this she failed to do in her first media interview and in a TV studio interview a few days later. The text she provided surrounding the image of a burka clad woman calling for a ban was totally out of context and when questioned blatantly lied. Her actions degrade her creditability for leading changes - so far I have not seen any constructive contribution from her for firming up legislation to counter Jihadism in Australia.

The guy who was shot had been attending meetings with 30 other wannabe Jihadists for months, Once wore the IS flag in public, made it known he wanted to travel to Syria and so on. As a consequence his passport was blocked and was monitored by intelligence agencies. Thankfully he was not the smartest of people.

I agree the word 'moron' is inappropriate in describing Lambie & the Jihadi follower.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

The text she provided surrounding the image of a burka clad woman calling for a ban was totally out of context

How was it out of context?

Male terrorists in the M.E. have been known to use the burka as a disguise to evade capture and to conceal explosives and weapons.

It hasn't been used this way in the west or in Oz yet, as far as I know.

But it's most definitely a threat and a danger to social cohesion. Simple. Lambie is right, It should be banned.

• Like 2

The text she provided surrounding the image of a burka clad woman calling for a ban was totally out of context

Male terrorists in the M.E. have been known to use the burka as a disguise to evade capture and to conceal explosives and weapons.

But it's most definitely a threat and a danger to social cohesion. Simple. Lambie is right, It should be banned.

Out of context as the burka wearing woman in the photo was a member of the Afghani police who was murdered by the Taliban. The photo was sourced from a UK far right website, not a good look coming from a Federal Senator.

Today is a debate in Parliament for banning the burka and any other facial covering for people visiting parliament. Not as yet a general ban for facial covering in public places throughout Australia. Given the current threat it is possible that all facial coverings will be banned for use in public areas, logically you would have to assume this would include wearing of full face motorcycle helmets. The threat for strap on explosives and carrying concealed weapons, in my opinion, will not be stopped by banning burkas.

• Like 1

Out of context as the burka wearing woman in the photo was a member of the Afghani police who was murdered by the Taliban. The photo was sourced from a UK far right website, not a good look coming from a Federal Senator.

Today is a debate in Parliament for banning the burka and any other facial covering for people visiting parliament. Not as yet a general ban for facial covering in public places throughout Australia. Given the current threat it is possible that all facial coverings will be banned for use in public areas, logically you would have to assume this would include wearing of full face motorcycle helmets. The threat for strap on explosives and carrying concealed weapons, in my opinion, will not be stopped by banning burkas.

Usual spin/deflection BS!

Motorcycle helmets are rarely worn when not riding the bike. As far as I'm aware, they're already banned in banks etc.

Thry cannot be compared to the wearing of the burka in any way.

Fail!

Edited by H1w4yR1da

Neither the Koran or the prophet instructed the wearing of the burka, it is NOT a religious requirement and is even banned in some Islamic countries. The growing demands to wear it in western countries are just two fingers up to the host country, but a least they could have the decency not to involve Islam, that's got enough to answer for already!

Motorcycle helmets are rarely worn when not riding the bike. As far as I'm aware, they're already banned in banks etc.

Fail!

What are stupid comment! I said full face coverings in public places e.g. streets etc, Someone wishing to carry out an attack & not wanting to be identified, if the burka were to be banned, by logical extention possibly utilise a full face helmet.

In common with a few other fellow travellers on TV all you can do is make false accusations. constant repetition with practically the same wording or over the top poisonous posts such as "nuke them".

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

Fail!

If you are pulled over by the police, they will ask you to remove your helmet to verify identity, It is an offence not to do so. (Disobey lawful direction of Police) The same applies to those driving with the Burka however they will refuse to show their faces on religious grounds. Police will very rarely enforce this law against muslims because it opens a can of worms and they end up being investigated internally on false allegations.

• Like 2