Australia launches anti-terror raids

webfact

One think Australia can be glad about. They aren't gobbled by the EUCHR. When the time comes, the guilty can be turfed out along with their dependents.

I have high confidence Australia will continue to stay pretty close to the principles and precepts of the EUHCR and the UN International Covenant of Political, Social and Cultural Rights and the like.

While there have occasionally been some lapses in AU, let he who is without sin cast the first stone and all of that. AU is unique and distinct but simultaneously shares the common values of the Anglosphere and remains decidedly rooted in and integrated as a part of Western society, values, civilization.

These developments against Australia give a clear indication of what N America and Europe can expect from ISIS and their breed of barbarian extremists. AU seems presently to be their focus so AU needs broad and consistently strong support from all of us.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hilton bombing was 1978, 36 years ago. Got anything more recent than that?

With due respect prior to countering, if you're that interested, do some research on Google yourself that references other non Muslim terrorist attacks. As I said very few, but have occurred and later than 1978

Alltogether six, the last being 1986, 28 years ago. That included the Russell Street bombing that I would discount as a terrorist attack, but a revenge attack on the police by low-life criminals. However, Australia didn't have much of a muslim population 30 years ago, so things might change.

Final post on this aspect of the topic. There is what's termed 'single issue terrorism' in this example for social objectives in 2001 & 2009 e.g. the murder and attempted murder of abortionists in Oz.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_violence#Australia

The Russell Street bombing was classified as an act of terrorism.

Things have already changed in Oz due to Muslim radicalism as well documented in the OP. Oz intelligence appears to be across the threat, but only takes one 'succesful' attack...

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

With due respect prior to countering, if you're that interested, do some research on Google yourself that references other non Muslim terrorist attacks. As I said very few, but have occurred and later than 1978

Altogether six, the last being 1986, 28 years ago. That included the Russell Street bombing that I would discount as a terrorist attack, but a revenge attack on the police by low-life criminals. However, Australia didn't have much of a muslim population 30 years ago, so things might change.

Final post on this aspect of the topic. There is what's termed 'single issue terrorism' in this example for social objectives in 2001 & 2009 e.g. the murder and attempted murder of abortionists in Oz.

I don't want to get into a pissing contest with you, but I'd already read that article and I don't understand why Russell Street was included as a terrorist act when it doesn't fit the definition of terrorism. Anyway, the bottom line is that Australia has been relatively terrorist free for a long time and I hope it remains so.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

Alltogether six, the last being 1986, 28 years ago. That included the Russell Street bombing that I would discount as a terrorist attack, but a revenge attack on the police by low-life criminals. However, Australia didn't have much of a muslim population 30 years ago, so things might change.

Things have already changed in Oz due to Muslim radicalism as well documented in the OP. Oz intelligence appears to be across the threat, but only takes one 'succesful' attack...

A number of terrorists attacks occurred in Australia before 2001

• 1972 bombing of the Yugoslav General Trade Agency in Sydney;
  • 1978 bombing of the Sydney Hilton hotel during a Commonwealth Heads of Government Regional Meeting;
  • 1980 assassination of the Turkish Consul-General in Sydney;
  • 1982 bombing of the Israeli Consulate and the Hakoah Club in Sydney;
  • 1986 bombing of the Russell Street Police Station in Melbourne; and
  • 1986 bombing at the Turkish Consulate in Melbourne.
  • Like 1

It has now come to light the photo of a burka wearing woman, with a weapon, used by Jacqui Lambie (Australian senator) to denigrate Muslims in Australia, after the police raids, was an Afghan female police officer murdered by the Taliban.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-19/jacqui-lambie-ban-the-burka-photo-believed-to-be-policewoman/5757438

Edited by simple1

Jihadist's sister prevented from leaving Australia

The sister of Australian jihadist Mohamed Elomar has reportedly been stopped at Sydney airport and banned from boarding a flight to Dubai.

Elomar's sister and her two children were stopped from leaving the country on a 6am (AEST) flight on Tuesday, the Daily Telegraph reports.

She is allegedly a "person of interest" on a no-fly list because of her relationship with her brother and alarms were raised when she attempted to use her passport.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/09/20/12/42/jihadist-s-sister-stopped-at-airport#bbrTA0K3tglkuEHT.99
Edited by Scott
Edited for fair use

" Last week the country raised its terror threat level from medium to high. "

No mention that last week the country announced it's decision to send troops to Syria/Iraq.

Of course they should arrest, incarcerate, and deport if possible jihadists/militant islamists, But they should also be aware that in bending over for the US in matters of the US's foreign policy, they invite the wrath of jihadists/militant Islamists.

this has nothing to do with the US, do want to watch the news tomorrow and see that hundreds of Australians have died in a bomb in Australia somewhere??

would that make you sleep better at night??

you are ignorant.

• Like 1

I moved from AU last year because it is becoming unsafe to walk the streets at night...I worked at the Valley in Brisbane and see what is happening....too much Caffeine drinks along with alcohol...

I remember the Cronulla riots and what sparked them and this is going to happen again

Someone will do something against an Aussie in the name of Allah and all hell will brake loose

If Australian political leaders are hell bent on being a puppet to the USA what do we expect, so far so good but eventually our luck will run out, this latest "awarness" of terror in our mist is a part of the prerequisite for the justification to go back to war in the middle east.

Middle East politics is still in the middle ages, hasnt anyone noticed many of the arab nations still pretty much run a feudal system? The continued meddling of the superpowers who try and instill a political system on an uneducated people who only know the law of the gun will fail is failing and still will fail in 100 years, the fact the idoits deposed or backed the deposing of Saddam Hussein, Gadaffi and co has lead to great instability where if we go back 10 years apart from Bush trying to justify weapons of mass destruction that never existed the ME as been relatively quite, oh and the American propaganda machine have backed off Iran for the moment since they need them more at this moment than a new front to fight on.

Its time the average bloke had a good look at whats going on rather than just read what they wants us to read and see what they want us to see, too many people get sucked up into the words of press and politicians and casually over look history, THEY have an agenda...think about it. The boundaries of many of these countries was scribbled across a map by the allies at the end of world war one, you know the USA was formed from from a rebellion of the local population, many European countries were small states united into one, and from within not from an external force like the Americans are trying to do in the ME, and just to show you how absurd American foreign policy is they still have an embargo on Cuba, close to 60 years, they have invaded that county once and continuously meddled in its affairs for centuries why they just didnt annex it when they had the chance and turn it into one of there states must be a sore point to them now.

Oz government today annouced the tightening of hate speech laws that now permits prison sentencing; good! Unfortunately there are also reports of cowards publically abusing Muslim women who wear hijabs.

I moved from AU last year because it is becoming unsafe to walk the streets at night...I worked at the Valley in Brisbane and see what is happening....too much Caffeine drinks along with alcohol...

I remember the Cronulla riots and what sparked them and this is going to happen again

Someone will do something against an Aussie in the name of Allah and all hell will brake loose

If Australian political leaders are hell bent on being a puppet to the USA what do we expect, so far so good but eventually our luck will run out, this latest "awarness" of terror in our mist is a part of the prerequisite for the justification to go back to war in the middle east.

Middle East politics is still in the middle ages, hasnt anyone noticed many of the arab nations still pretty much run a feudal system? The continued meddling of the superpowers who try and instill a political system on an uneducated people who only know the law of the gun will fail is failing and still will fail in 100 years, the fact the idoits deposed or backed the deposing of Saddam Hussein, Gadaffi and co has lead to great instability where if we go back 10 years apart from Bush trying to justify weapons of mass destruction that never existed the ME as been relatively quite, oh and the American propaganda machine have backed off Iran for the moment since they need them more at this moment than a new front to fight on.

Its time the average bloke had a good look at whats going on rather than just read what they wants us to read and see what they want us to see, too many people get sucked up into the words of press and politicians and casually over look history, THEY have an agenda...think about it. The boundaries of many of these countries was scribbled across a map by the allies at the end of world war one, you know the USA was formed from from a rebellion of the local population, many European countries were small states united into one, and from within not from an external force like the Americans are trying to do in the ME, and just to show you how absurd American foreign policy is they still have an embargo on Cuba, close to 60 years, they have invaded that county once and continuously meddled in its affairs for centuries why they just didnt annex it when they had the chance and turn it into one of there states must be a sore point to them now.

You are right in much of what you say; but wrong to think your country would be spared if not involved in the Middle East. The Muslim extremists want to destroy and attack any country where the infidels are, that means us the non Muslims.

Thailand isn't involved in Middle East but still those Iranians were making the bomb factory in bangkok remember? One blew his own leg off but could have been much worse if they didn't accident them selves.

Even where no real injustice they can find and excuse or come to attack others and your people get killed on the way; they have no respect for value of life.

I was against the Iraq war; I went out to protest it in London actually at the time.

But now is different; it's a genocide , ethnic cleansing going on over there and if they aren't stopped now could grow and spread right across the Middle East. Next they turn on Europe. Would you not help out your European kin when the hoards are at the gates?

It would be far less bloody to nip them in the bud before too much powerful.

Oz government today annouced the tightening of hate speech laws that now permits prison sentencing; good! Unfortunately there are also reports of cowards publically abusing Muslim women who wear hijabs.

I hope these hate speech laws go both ways and will prohibit muslims from carrying placards with slogans like kill non believers. Things they are allowed to do at the moment. If these laws will only be for non muslims then it will cause all sorts of trouble.
New laws will give ASIO licence to kill
September 21, 2014: New anti-terror laws to be introduced in Parliament this week will give ASIO the power to kill suspects and allow “hate preachers” to be jailed.

• Like 1

I hope these hate speech laws go both ways and will prohibit muslims from carrying placards with slogans like kill non believers. Things they are allowed to do at the moment. If these laws will only be for non muslims then it will cause all sorts of trouble.
New laws will give ASIO licence to kill
September 21, 2014: New anti-terror laws to be introduced in Parliament this week will give ASIO the power to kill suspects and allow “hate preachers” to be jailed.

The new hate speech laws will apply to all citizens, residents and visitors to Australia, no matter their religion etc You may recall some carrying the placards you refer to (in Sydney?) were arrested & sentenced.

Edited by simple1

Pales in comparison to the number of young Australian girls subjected to verbal sexual abuse from Muslim males over their dress.

And that's not even mentioning the multiple racially-aggravated rapes of white Australian girls by young Muslim males.

And all you want to do is talk about the hijab; which should have no place in a civilized society.

Pales in comparison to the number of young Australian girls subjected to verbal sexual abuse from Muslim males over their dress.

And that's not even mentioning the multiple racially-aggravated rapes of white Australian girls by young Muslim males.

And all you want to do is talk about the hijab; which should have no place in a civilized society.

What I am referring to is the unneccessary behaviour of some in the current climate of tension; it is not constructive for Oz society; nor is the crass behaviour of some guys in a car waving the Islamic State flag, also inflaming tensions.

Yes, the Muslim gang that raped white girls was horrific, a more horrific gang rape was committed by an Aussie gang. Plus the average of one a week of domestic killing by Aussie men; doesn't suit your narrative does it.

Edited by simple1

oz it trying to be part of the world .......... so far away from everything soon antartica will be raided in search of "terrorists"

Geez I hope Australia's application is accepted. Australia owns over 50% of Antartica.

I just read in BKP the Aussie IS were transferring funding to Malaysia for terrorist financing - in the region of 23 million dollars. Means a lot of the Muslim community there must have been chipping in for the war effort no? The guys didn't look rich themselves . Funnelling community funds

10649517_463427630462759_536961567190715

My history books do not show Mr. Barton dressed in any loin cloth going walk-about in the bush, so I guess Australia's first Prime Minister was not talking about assimilating into the culture of the First Australians? You can read his comments in the context of the first piece of legislation that a newly Federal Australia passed in 1901 being the Immigration Restriction Act or as it is better known the initiation of the White Australia Policy.

The White Australia Policy, something that represents an eternal shame for all Australians.

Luckily, Australia has had many decades of multiculturalism and anti-discrimination legislation, not just based on race or ethnicity. So we can hope that we do not see bigotry win out due to the fear propagated by the hysterical types. Rather I hope that the problems of criminal activity are dealt with by good policing, which seems to have happened in this case.

• Like 2

DIRECT TERRORIST THREAT TO AUSTRALIA! ******MUST SHARE******

Posted by PDLA Patriots Defence League - Australia on Sunday, 21 September 2014

you still think its funny?

http://pamelageller.com/2014/09/australia-jailed-jihadis-continue-terror-activities-from-inside-prison-jail-cancels-muslim-prayer-meetings-as-prisoners-explode-in-violence.html/

Edited by ozsamurai

I just read in BKP the Aussie IS were transferring funding to Malaysia for terrorist financing - in the region of 23 million dollars. Means a lot of the Muslim community there must have been chipping in for the war effort no? The guys didn't look rich themselves . Funnelling community funds

It was a family owed business of the Oz guy who has been committing acts of terror for IS in Syria. Sum potenially identified for money laundering transfer for supporting terrorism is aprox $9m, that's bad enough, but not $23 million.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/sharrouf-family-firm-shut-over-terror-funding-fears-20140917-10ibh7.html

Just how bad is it in Oz?

"Within seven months they were talking about detonating a car bomb in Australia, potentially killing dozens. And then, on Tuesday night, the gruesome order came through from the Middle East."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/how-surveillance-may-have-stopped-a-sydney-beheading/story-fni0cx12-1227064478285

It has now come to light the photo of a burka wearing woman, with a weapon, used by Jacqui Lambie (Australian senator) to denigrate Muslims in Australia, after the police raids, was an Afghan female police officer murdered by the Taliban.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-19/jacqui-lambie-ban-the-burka-photo-believed-to-be-policewoman/5757438

What rubbish? Where does Jaqui Lambie 'denigrate' Muslims? Muslims are doing a fine job of that all by themselves.

She's merely saying the burka is a security risk, which it obviously is and the photo was used to support that.

Oz definitely needs more politicians like Jacqui Lambie.

“It obviously involves terrorism,’’ the senator said, adding anyone who lived here had to follow our laws “100 per cent”.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/the-burqa-a-security-threat-says-pup-senator-jacqui-lambie/story-fni0cx12-1227065920523?nk=c65879bbbc19b0065e2fcc93ba974d26

Edited by H1w4yR1da
  • Like 1